New user - 2013 PCX 150

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Hyadum

New user - 2013 PCX 150

Post by Hyadum »

Hello everyone!

I'm rather new on this forum. I found you guys by doing a routine search on google for any quality information about the PCX. So far so good, I'm happy with what I've read here.
To start off I should tell you my name is David and I'm from Bucharest, Romania. I'm 30, not new to bikes in general, but new to scooters, and the PCX. I have ordered one 2013 white PCX 150 about 2-3 weeks ago from a local Honda dealer.
I have a friend that I've researched with, and ordered the same day. His will be red :) From what I've heard from the Romanian Honda dealer, we are the only ones in the country that have ordered the new PCX 150 :ugeek:
This is what it should look like:

This will be my first scooter, so my opinion might be subjective, as I have no terms of comparison. For the last 4 years I had a Suzuki GSF 650 S (faired Bandit), so this will be quite a change. I've sold the Bandit and plan on getting a small scooter for going to work and commuting around town, and a bigger touring bike for weekends and long rides.
I hope I've made a good choice and that it will bring back a smile, that I have missed since last fall.

Any questions, please feel free to ask.
Thank you!
Imagination is more important than knowledge...
Albert Einstein
CaptnJim
Regular User
Regular User

Re: New user - 2013 PCX 150

Post by CaptnJim »

Hello, David. Another long-time motorcyclist who is relatively new to scooters (bought ours in February of this year). I thought "the scooter experience" was for those who couldn't handle a motorcycle. I was way wrong. ;) The PCX is easy and fun. It returns about 90% of the bigger bike experience with 20% of the effort... if that didn't make sense: it is a LOT of fun without a lot of fuss. Get on, start it (it starts SO quiet, I like to do that just for the fun of it :lol: ), twist the throttle, and go.

I avoided in town riding with my motorcycle the last few years, but have been having a lot of fun with "urban cruising" on the PCX. After 45 years of motorcycling, I am having more fun on two wheels than I have had in quite a while. Will you like it as much? Depends on where you are, headwise. My wife (she has had a series of sport bikes, full-dress, and an H-D cruiser) suggested we try a pair of scooters a couple years ago, and I laughed it off... "Get one of you want, but I'll stay with a real motorcycle." OK, I wasn't just wrong, I was a moron. Yes, these are that much fun.

Hope you enjoy the heck out of yours when it arrives. After decades of long distance riding, I am done with eating up miles. The PCX is perfect for around town, some light highway running, and effortless fun.

Welcome aboard.

Captain Jim
His & Hers Honda PCX 150s
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Thank you for sharing. It's good to know :)
I'm starting to get quite anxious lately.
Albert Einstein
Theboybilly
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Theboybilly »

Welcome David, you've made a great choice of scooter (I have a 2012 PCX125). I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with it. Keep us posted.

Bill
Image[/URL
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

My name's also David! :D

Welcome, and congrats on your new bike!
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Just love seeing Another White PCX! :D Congrats and welcome, be safe & enjoy your ride!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Thank you guys!
Just a quick question, since I cannot find any info under FAQ, nor I cannot post in there:

Where are the PCX 150 delivered in Europe manufactured? On youtube every indian review says they are made and assembled in India, but on random forums it says different. Could the components be manufactured in Taiwan, and then sent to Italy and assembled there, in order to avoid the customs taxes?

And if anyone has some sort of contact details from the regional Honda Europe dealer, to check the status of my order? The local dealer in Romania has no news.

Thank you!
Albert Einstein
Pcxdemon
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Pcxdemon »

Hyadum wrote:Thank you guys!
Just a quick question, since I cannot find any info under FAQ, nor I cannot post in there:

Where are the PCX 150 delivered in Europe manufactured? On youtube every indian review says they are made and assembled in India, but on random forums it says different. Could the components be manufactured in Taiwan, and then sent to Italy and assembled there, in order to avoid the customs taxes?

And if anyone has some sort of contact details from the regional Honda Europe dealer, to check the status of my order? The local dealer in Romania has no news.

Thank you!
Arent they all made in Thailand? Honda Cb125 and also Lead 100 are made in India as far as i know ...
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Pcxdemon wrote: Arent they all made in Thailand? Honda Cb125 and also Lead 100 are made in India as far as i know ...
Yes, I believe that all PCX's are made here in Thailand, obviously with slight (and not so slight) modifications for some of the countries they are shipped to. Modifications include no idle off switch for the US, Canada and possibly the UK models, and protruding signal lights for the US and Canada models.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

The only model which is different is the North American one.
The rest of the world gets the same PCX (the WW stands for World Wide)
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Wikipedia says: It is produced by Thai Honda Manufacturing in Thailand, and was first introduced for sale in November 2009.
motorcyclistonline.com says: 2013 Honda PCX 150 Manufacturer Country Japan
Some youtube reviews says the PCX 125 is made in India

This is why I was having doubts. I've also checked the Honda developer blogs, and it seems it was designed, developed and produced in Thailand. I'm not sure if they come assembled in Europe, or just as parts and finishes the assembly here.
Albert Einstein
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

All PCX manufacture is in Thailand.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

The Wikipedia article was (so far) written mainly by Maddiedog and me, with some overseeing from an individual called Biker Biker. The pix are mine for all you to enjoy.

Just rest assured that the PCX is manufactured in Thailand. It has got nothing to do with Taiwan (Republic of China). It was news to me that it was already for sale in India. If so, they only get it as a CKD (Complete Knock-down Kit). It means the whole bike is delivered (from Honda's Thai plant) as a complete set of parts, frame, engine -- just to be assembled in India. Hence their claim to 'manufacture' it. It's a way to enter the heavily restricted Indian market and avoid taxes.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

I believe Snoopy gave up PCX'ing after breaking down in India :(
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

khaosaming wrote:The Wikipedia article was (so far) written mainly by Maddiedog and me, with some overseeing from an individual called Biker Biker. The pix are mine for all you to enjoy.
The work I did was taken down, BikerBiker removed the stuff I added and almost got my account banned for adding "speculative" or irrelevant information. He's an asshole...
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
khaosaming
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by khaosaming »

maddiedog wrote:...BikerBiker removed the stuff I added and almost got my account banned for adding "speculative" or irrelevant information. He's an asshole...
--------
I can't tell a lie and disagree... Just tried to be nice and call him "an individual". Your stuff after attempt #2 is still there. Remember, you rewrote it after my scribbling.
I have learned from my mistakes, and I am sure I can repeat them exactly.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Gotcha. Glad I helped then. :)
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Thanks guys, much clearer now. Exactly 30 days ago I've made the order for my PCX, and still no news or estimate time of delivery. The dealer said it should be 30-40 days, so I'm a little frustrated I have no news about it being at least produced, or in route to Europe.
Albert Einstein
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

W a I t I n g... waiting and more waiting. Truly awful when you're so anxious and excited. I know that feeling. I waited for PCX arrival here in the states. Thought it would never come. It did. Hang in there, you Will be smiling on that "Pearl White" before you know it! :P 8) :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Hyadum

Post by Hyadum »

Yes! Yesterday I received confirmation that my PCX will arrive today in Bucharest. Exactly 32 days since I placed my order, and this included production from scratch. I'm impressed, since this was one of the smallest dealers in the country.
So I'll think I think I'll pay them a visit and wait until Monday to get the papers done.
Albert Einstein