T-boned today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

T-boned today

Post by TC3 »

Went for a ride and only a few minutes into the ride I get hit by a car coming out of a side road. She did not see me apparently and i was too close to avoid impact. I grabbed the levers and tried to steer around but could not get out of her way. At least the impact was not big as she did brake when she did see me. My pride and joy has a few cracks and my foot is pretty sore but nothing broken. I ended up with my leg caught between her car and the scoot but managed to keep the bike up. I got off leaving the bike against the car and she started to reverse the car and i had to shout at her not to as it would have caused more damage to my bike.
Her car

Front side fairing

crack and scratches on centre panel

So I am going to get a quote on a repair on Thursday for both panels to be replaced. The brake lever still works but seems to be making a squeaking noise and is pretty loose.

I have no idea how hard it is to change these panels and am just gonna leave it to the dealer. The girl driver was pretty upset and in shock so i was as nice as i could be in the circumstances. She may want to pay in cash to avoid going through insurance but told her i still informing my insurance tomorrow just so they have a record of this. I also think she might be a bit shocked at the cost of the replacement parts and labour.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: T-boned today

Post by Woolley »

Wow glad your ok. Every time im riding i dread this happening. If you go through insurance id definetely claim for the foot injury. You were injured after all and youve got nothing to lose. I take it she admitted fault?
ImageImage ImageImage Image
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

It is just one of the many hazards of riding, being invisible!
Heel is a bit sore today but hardly any brusing though does hurt a bit when walking.
First time I have had a bike accident involving a car and it has dawned on me this morning how much worse it could have been
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

glad you are not too injured. keep in mind that sometimes it takes a few days and even weeks for all of the injuries and pains to reveal themselves. dont be too quick to accept a settlement!
PT63

Post by PT63 »

Oh sh*t o_O , the main thing is your not badly hurt, just have your dealer go over the bike with a fine toothed comb and replace every piece that is damaged no matter how slight. :x MAKE HER PAY :x
rainburg
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rainburg »

So sorry to hear the news and very glad that it wasn't worse. I hope you and your PCX are completely repaired and back riding together in very short order.
2011 Honda PCX, 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2 Honda Civics, 5 bicycles and 1 more on order
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Damn, glad to hear you were alright.

Good that you did the insurance claim, you never know when someone might duck out and try not to pay -- especially if you're right about how much repairs will cost. I'm going to guess around $1000 including shop labor, Honda parts aren't cheap.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Go to your doctor NOW. There's lots of little bones in your foot that an be easily broken and you may need an x-ray.

If you're going to tell your insurance company then you should also tell the Police about your accident - I'm pretty sure it's the law anyway, plus the insurance company may want to know why you haven't reported it. Also you don't want her trying to back out of paying when she gets the bill. Her insurance should pay for this - she'll get higher premiums but that's her fault for not looking where she was going.

You may have a broken foot and need time off work or your foot in a plaster etc. she won't pay for this but her insurance would.

Scary, lucky it wasn't worse o_O
rich666
Regular User
Regular User

Post by rich666 »

Sorry to here about it mate,

You can be the safest rider/driver on the road but it doesn't count for anything if another road user is being inattentive.

I would totally agree with Edscoot mind, in this case you need a quick trip to A&E if it's within 48 hours and a phone call to the police, it's not Law but it is recomemended in case the police become involved at a later date.

Hope you and your Pcx are on the mend soon. :)
it tastes like...Eagle!
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Ive had several near misses like this so glad to hear you are ok, its not a pleasant thought being T boned.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

This is actually why i chose against buying the black one.
Teamtd11
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Teamtd11 »

Get yourself checked over. Hopfully everything will be fine and I hope everything goes smoothly with the repairs too.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Thanks guys ... so much love here :-)

She admitted liability to her insurance and my insurance say to get seen by my doctor for a check over as I am getting a sore knee too as must of wacked it.

Riding to dealer Saturday to get a quote for repairs for insurance claim then take it from there.

The poor girl that hit me has been accident free for 10 years. She was in tears as she thought she had really hurt me. If your gonna get t boned try and get taken down by a young fit blond as makes all the difference :-)
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Should get a decent payout if you make an injury claim then. If you need to take painkillers and it hurts when you walk or when your at work that should help it add up :P. If i had 10 years no claims, it would be protected.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Did you get her phone number? :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Mobile no. and email addy and all for the wrong reason. Anyhow am a married man unfortunatly ....
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Lets hope your wife doesnt ever come on here. I doubt she would be happy about you seeing your marriage as "unfortunate" :lol: :lol: :lol:
haildamage
Regular User
Regular User

Post by haildamage »

Woolley wrote:Lets hope your wife doesnt ever come on here. I doubt she would be happy about you seeing your marriage as "unfortunate" :lol: :lol: :lol:
she's probably too busy complaining about him on some ladies hobby forum! :lol:
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

the "i told him not to get a bike he'll hurt himself" forum :lol:
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Actually guys she said she is ok with me riding as she knows how much it makes me happy. I am sure my life policy has nothing to do with that :-)