T-boned today

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: T-boned today

Post by TC3 »

Saw the GP today who noted the brusing to my leg and heal and also there is nerve damage to my thigh area. It is pretty uncomfy but I will live. Insurance have put a good solicitors to sort my claim out. Will get back on bike Saturday to get a repair quote assuming leg feels a bit better.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Verbal quote is at 408 including vat. Tomorrow will get written quote. Front plastics avaliable but side plastic panel with pcx badge back ordered till end of January. No big deal as it is only a few scuffs and small crack on that panel.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Not too bad, that's a lot less than I expected. How's the leg healing? Any better since you saw the doc on Thursday?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Brusing and heel getting better each day thanks but the nerve damage is a bit painful and may take a wbile to improve.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

So left bike with dealers as wo.t have much chance to ride over next few weeks. Tbey looked it over and have quoted 550 quid which includes a new side stand as well as side panel, front left panel, brake lever and storage. Glad am not paying!
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Are you and your scoot all fixed up yet?
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Hi ed I still have some pain in leg but getting better. Bike is still awaiting the go ahead for repairs. Could take a few weeks but seeing as I have no time to ride till after xmas I am not too fussed. Thanks for asking :-)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Bike ready to pick up minus the side panel on indefinte backorder. Only has a small crack so can wait. However am feeling to ill to pick it up! Some good news from solicitor saying third party ins offered a settlement with no need to see a medical expert for a report. Think I will accept as no longer in any pain and have just booked a trip to New York with my injury money :-)
Have some left for a proper helmet cam and nice summer riding jacket. Other good news is I have been offered min 6 month work contract starting in New year. Finally after a few crap years I feel things starting to go my way!
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Nice! Good to hear it all worked out for you. Have fun in New York! Is a blast!

also, now that you're done with it... can you send some of that luck my way? (minus the accident if possible) :lol: