It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: It's Raining......

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yes, it is
What a stinkin' trade-off! We've had days of rain with sun tossed into One :x Wazz up wit dat?
Skipping Spring. Bet we'll skip the Fall. We'll get Summer and definitely Winter!
Most of us who live on the Looong Island live here for the beautiful Spring and Fall :(
"Whisky Tango Foxtrot" is all I can say. :(

I've got a ton of outdoor projects to get done and to maintain my sanity I try to get some riding in on the few sunny days we've been getting lately in between. Which means I'm only getting the essentials done. The drought is gone, the reservoirs are looking like reservoirs again, it's windy every day, and all of a sudden the swamps seem to be filling up like lakes on a regular basis. . .which includes some local beach front road flooding. . .and sea gulls are congregating in salt marsh areas like birds on a lawn in places I've never seen them do that before in my entire life. . .it's gotta be Global Warming. Water has a pulse as they say and what we are witnessing is a hemorrhage. Makes me wonder about the people living in the areas that are suffering a clot. Cue the rolling sage brush and wandering wild camels. :roll:
100_3627a.jpg
100_3627a.jpg (273.99 KiB) Viewed 669 times
Other than that I had a pretty good day. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Boy, it seems like it is continual rain here. Heck, when I see the sun it is only a break between rain clouds...in fact, it is raining outside right now. Our poor little dog is so afraid of thunderstorms that there isn't a hole deep enough for her to climb into. She is hiding in the shower right now. She ran to the basement, but when thunder shook the whole house she ran for the shower. She also has a hall closet that works well. She was a rescue so I am guessing that she had a really rough time before. She was at a puppy mill, probably left out in the rain and thunder. When we rescued her she was close to death. We drove across multiple states to get her.
...And then there is our Dina. She isn't afraid of anything. She runs out and barks at the storm. She also barks at the one that is afraid. :-)
That doesn't preclude the OTHER TWO we have (yes, we have 4 Jack Russell Terriers...all from different rescues.) When we get storms here, all of them want to take some kind of action, from hiding, to pacing, to barking. Rain is one thing. Storms are another. Georgia seems to be storm central...well, except for those poor people who live in the mid west. They got all of the storms before we did...and a lot of the damage. These Spring storms suck!!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yup.. .Sure is. . .northeast U.S..

Down pours. Not a day I would ride at all. People had trouble trying to see with the windshield wipers on full speed. :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's not any better here. Rain rain and more rain. All....weekend....long and into next week. With Monday being stormy. I can't friggin' wait!! :x

I look forward to weekends when nothing's planned by family or outside sources, when I get to do whatever I please. Those days are precious and few. This weekend was it!
Mother nature's really digging her watering. Really? Her timing is bizarre :roll: No Spring in NY this year or last year if I remember correctly.

So, off to Lowes I went looking at Pergo laminate flooring. No I am not doing the install.
Ya'll like laminate? wood, tile or vinyl? Just thought I'd ask. There's the making of a survey right there. There are haters for each one. It just floors me :lol: (little humor, very little)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

(Note to self: buy new bosch wiper blades)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:It's not any better here. Rain rain and more rain. All....weekend....long and into next week. With Monday being stormy. I can't friggin' wait!! :x

I look forward to weekends when nothing's planned by family or outside sources, when I get to do whatever I please. Those days are precious and few. This weekend was it!
Mother nature's really digging her watering. Really? Her timing is bizarre :roll: No Spring in NY this year or last year if I remember correctly.

So, off to Lowes I went looking at Pergo laminate flooring. No I am not doing the install.
Ya'll like laminate? wood, tile or vinyl? Just thought I'd ask. There's the making of a survey right there. There are haters for each one. It just floors me :lol: (little humor, very little)

Strangely it's not raining here.

Wood if you can keep high heels off it
Laminate if you have kids/pets/messy spouse
Tiles if it's mostly dry
Vinyl only on your record player

It's laminate for me.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

The Sunshine state has not been too sunny lately (Monsoon season), but did find a few gaps to get the boat in the water and also do some riding on the bike.. Laminate for me. !!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

2yous, go for a ride!
Indeed, vinyl 4 record playing, Cheers to that!

ER, I remember my first summer in FL, I thought my relatives were joking when they said "monsoon season." Truth was told. You think it will never end, but it Finally does! Boating!! I miss those days, and fishing!!!

Thanks you two for kicking in your "laminate" choice.

Can I hear from a few more please ....
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

WN- Do a little research on Bamboo flooring just for ya hahs so you can make a more informed decision. There are various grades of it. It's got it's pluses and minuses like everything else. The thing is it's a renewable resource. ;)
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Bamboo is brilliant flooring, but HARD, particularly if you walk around in bare feet indoors in summer!

It's winter in Queensland so I make a concession and wear socks (on my feet YY :-)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Rained out tonight, so both bikes get washed and waxed an put to the tender. I don't think it hurts to top off your batteries a few times in the summer.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie about the flooring....what say you?
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:homie about the flooring....what say you?
Half my home is Pergo, did it myself years ago. It's all good unless it gets wet so don't buy them mexican toilets. Replace laundry washer hoses every few years and NEVER hook up the refrigerator ice maker water line. Number one cause of disaster for custom floors is that fancy fridge and your insurance will not pay for water damage unless you have an upgraded policy of some sort. Just buy your ice at the local store. (expect HUGE push back from your wife but stand your ground about the fancy fridge)
Ice is a scootable! :D I do an ice run bi-weekly on the scooter... Precious gets a good bag of ice.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

SPAM!
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

today it rained it felt like hail and i couldt see anything i fianly saw a place to pull over
grndslm
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by grndslm »

Tropical Depression hitting us the next few days... sucks that I have to trek thru it on foot anyway, but definitely too risky on the scooter. :cry:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah guys, ^ it's been a rough day weather wise for sure, scary too. Hang in there and always think safety first!

Close call for you eggman. Getting blinded by hail is no picnic. Luckily it didn't get followed by a tornado. I'm sure you know that living where you do.

And grndslm, smart thinking! Ain't nobody with a healthy brain is going be riding a bike in a tropical storm. Uhhh, well....if they do.....Good Luck with That!

homie, it's what I do. Keep the bike battery topped off at all times. Why not? We bought it for that reason and it's available.
(Deltrane) Battery Tender Jr is his Name-o :P

Sooner or later we'll see the Sun for more than a day or two, then the HEAT is ON!
Mesh on Peeps! :D (in hi-viz)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

If ya'll are thirsty get it now, cause this is going to take awhile :lol:

PCX150Rider and JohnL, thanks for your input on the bamboo flooring. It is a beautiful product, but not for where I'm living right now. Plus if it's hard on my feets, that won't be good atal, it will stir things up with some pesty nerve damage I've acquired.

:roll: What would be your second choices?

Florida 1998 I had my home built that was around the time Pergo (the first Floating Floor) was introduced to market. Not too many color choices were available, I'm sure you recall. I took a gamble and had my builder install quite a bit of it. From the front double door entrance down the main hallway leading to the next long hallway. They were Looong halls. Leftover boards were placed inside closets. Kitchen and baths were tile (oh so Hard on my feets!!) Laundry was vinyl. Not a plank of wood flooring anywhere. Oh, wait....I lied. Sheets of plywood flooring in the attic :lol: Carpet in the Bedrooms and Office room. 3 car garage was painted. In 15 years it NEVER bubbled, chipped or flaked! Amazing right?
Shhh...I swept and mopped it monthly. Gosh, I miss that Garage more than I do Florida :cry:

There ya go! I have given ya'll a blind grand tour :D

So, has Pergo gotten any better over the years? I understand that Vinyl planking has become a big contender. Not enough color choices though. Man, this is tough. I have just a hall and a 1/2 to cover and the Kitchen floor too.
:lol: :lol: homie I bought a new S.S. Refrigerator and as soon as the delivery gents left I tore the ice maker out! Are you surprised? :lol: It got labeled and placed in the basement. Nope, not using that headache. And.... I do the Same ice run every 2 weeks, no biggie. Besides, bagged ice makes a better drink ;)

I'm thinking Pergo again? Perhaps, Perhaps, ... Perhaps :roll:
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

WhiteNoise wrote:Yeah guys, ^ it's been a rough day weather wise for sure, scary too. Hang in there and always think safety first!

Close call for you eggman. Getting blinded by hail is no picnic. Luckily it didn't get followed by a tornado. I'm sure you know that living where you do.

And grndslm, smart thinking! Ain't nobody with a healthy brain is going be riding a bike in a tropical storm. Uhhh, well....if they do.....Good Luck with That!

homie, it's what I do. Keep the bike battery topped off at all times. Why not? We bought it for that reason and it's available.
(Deltrane) Battery Tender Jr is his Name-o :P

Sooner or later we'll see the Sun for more than a day or two, then the HEAT is ON!
Mesh on Peeps! :D (in hi-viz)
it sucked i could t see in front of me or behind me and i figured if s some one was behind me they couldnt see me so i dint want to slow down
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

So what happens in our house when it rains for multiple Days? Here is a hint. We have 4 Jack Russell Terriers of our own and 1 visiting right now. Guess what the dog's are up to....
IMG_20170701_195701.jpg
IMG_20170701_195701.jpg (195.19 KiB) Viewed 564 times
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers