It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Good you're safe. That weather system will be visiting us today too. I'll take the truck and get to the Nursing Home before it catches me. Blinding rain, gusting winds, maybe hail? I'd rather not mingle.

Happy March 1st Peeps!
Scoots at the ready? Fresh oil and gas, ck fluids, top off tires. Aww, ya'll know the routine 8)
Don't forget those helmet face shields. Clean them/wear them!
Ciao
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nope, not raining. Not snowing. Sun's Out and Blue Skies Up Above!!!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Nope, not raining. Not snowing. Sun's Out and Blue Skies Up Above!!!
Yup!. . .Enjoy it while it lasts today and tomorrow. 8)

Nobody will be scootering to their summer homes at the Hamptons this weekend . . . :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

You got that right! Snow coming Friday, not much 2-3 inches weather man says. Proofs in the puddin' so we'll see what falls. Either way, a shovel and me will be out there once again. Weather man then adds that a nor'easter may be here next Tues.
Oh you BET! I'm Thrilled!
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Sun out once more. Good God! She's a Beauty! "Stay Awhile...."

So, we mustered up 6" of white stuff this past Friday. Not so bad. But it was wet and heavy. I shoveled my drive then my neighbors (poor thing was at work). Wish I had a big enough garage to get my truck in, I'd bump WN to the forefront and kiss her tupperware with its' bumper. Ah but no luck with that.

Back to reality...As predicted next snowfall Monday night, all day Tuesday, possibly into Weds.
Itsa Nor'easter kids! Double digits in snow accumulations. Who needs some of this? I'm always willing to share :D

Sooo, Let's hit the trails!
Vermont style! Been there done that with friends! Super Fun! Mate in front ran off trail into a gulley then into a stream, passenger leaped off just prior to the, Tim...burrr! Funny as hell :lol:
I'm talkin' Snowmobiling (we called it Snow-mo--bibling, don't know why) twisting words about is fun.

Ready?
Set....
Let's Go! (music starts at 2:13 after a tumble :D )

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Homie don't play dat...

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Back to reality...As predicted next snowfall Monday night, all day Tuesday, possibly into Weds.
Itsa Nor'easter kids! Double digits in snow accumulations. Who needs some of this? I'm always willing to share :D
Great video. . .I did some of that up in NH years ago. A friend of mine let me borrow his Arctic Cat 440. Also had an old Bombardier Ski-Doo that was a relic but did the job. I remember that on the narrow hill trails you've got to keep your speed up or you end up bogging down and digging in. It's a trade off between speed and safety dodging trees and the "unknown" around the numerous turns.

Just heard on the evening weather (WTNH New Haven) that the CT coast is in a Blizzard Watch for Tuesday with winds of 40 to 60 MPH anticipated and accumulations of 10 to 16 inches. It looks like LI is included. . .one big blob of green covering the coast line areas. :roll:

About the
Snowboarder Girl Chased By Bear
I'll bet her parents were totally relieved she got back alive when they saw that. Glad she didn't turnaround. . .could have caused a panic and epic fail.

FWIW they are trying to restore Bear Hunting Season in CT again. It's too bad they just can't shoot them with a dart to make them catatonic for a while and ship them out to "Horses Breath Montana" or something to start a new life. When I was a kid it was rare that you'd hear of any being sited. Now they are showing up at bird feeders and peoples yards with their cubs like they own the place. In one way I'm glad to see them return . . . as long as it's "NOT IN MY YARD!!!!!". :lol:

I've seen bears ride bicycles. . .why not a PCX? ;)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

So I had to know. . .can a bear ride a PCX? Well. . . it is possible.

Check this out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-Tj1hG98xE

I just don't think it's going to happen in a foot of snow. . . 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

It's Raining?? NO, it's Not!!! Sun's Out! Bye :D
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

We got a decent day today. . .nice to see melting snow and sunshine and hints of Spring.

Spring. . .oh yeah. . .I almost forgot. . .it starts tomorrow. Can't believe it. . .well at this rate I won't have to mow the lawn for a while. :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

A good start to the Spring season. . .sun today on the "Gold Coast of New England" and temps close to 50F.

Actually got my Roughhouse out today and it ran like a top after sitting for about 3 weeks. . .life is good!

Some wet spots still from melting snow and ice but nothing I can't handle. Still some residual salt on the road but a good wash will take care of that presently.

As great a scoot as it is for 49cc I have to say I'm looking forward to the extra wind fighting capability of the PCX when I get it. Anxious to see if the 2018's are on dealership floors around here by Memorial Day (May 29th). Need to see if those "April 2018" rumors are fact or fiction. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Temp today is suppose to hit 80! Pollen is 1579! Yep, Spring has sprung. If the breezes will stay in the normal range, and the rain would hold off for more than a day we might be riding soon.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Two days of really decent riding weather and now more rain on the CT coast. Wind too. . .

Not to fret. . .a cloudy day tomorrow and then even more rain on Thursday. Now I know why they called it "New England". :lol:
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Heavy wind and rain on it's way to the Nor' East Coast today. Took a ride around the waterfront and the skies looked weird facing east, south, and west. Kind of had a "Storm of the Century" atmosphere to it. Supposedly there is an unusual weather pattern emerging in the upcoming week in the U.S. so depending upon where you live it's going to be intense one way or the other. Out west there will be late season snow, central region of the U.S. intense thunder storms, out east summer-like temps approaching the 80's in New England. So if you're planning on traveling next week check your forecast. . .. :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Nor'easter. Not that bad....yet? Bit of rain and mild wind at the moment. Is this what they call "the quiet before the Storm?" I Suppose. The Answer will follow as day unfolds.
Hopefully tomorrow, Sunday - (Remember >) "Mother's Day" will be nice and dry. Ride if you can. Folks will be off the road and inside celebrating :P
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

May get out on the Roughhouse for a waterfront ride this afternoon. It got cold last night. We didn't get as much rain as I expected. . .only an inch and change but the next thing will be increasing winds for tomorrow. Then instant Summer the rest of the week. . .oh yes. . .finally. . .! 8)

And yes it's Mother's Day and all the best to all those Moms who deserve all the credit they can get for all their commitment and hard work. ;)

Dad's Day on the horizon. . .I'll have the PCX by then! :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yep, that so-called storm was nuttin' compared to what they forcasted. Rained all day n night and winds were worse in the late pm to early am hours. No trees fell down. Many did in the last (recent) storm.
Indeedy you're right PCX150Rider, today we're left with very windy but sunny conditions. Temps on the rise by mid week...summer's breaking through!

Yes today is Mother's Day.
I wish Everyone's Mom a Happy and Healthy one!! :P
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Happy Mothers Day!
Today's Temps are ideal, but we have been really busy with dog rescues lately, so we are a bit tired.
It is 78° out right now. The high is expected to be 82°. Wind is 3 mph. Could you ask for better riding weather?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Oh nooo! Perfect weather for you Mel, too bad life gets in the way then we get tired. I HATE when that happens and just when conditions are "Spot On!" Maybe rest and ride a bit later?
Oh well.....
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yes, it is
What a stinkin' trade-off! We've had days of rain with sun tossed into One :x Wazz up wit dat?
Skipping Spring. Bet we'll skip the Fall. We'll get Summer and definitely Winter!
Most of us who live on the Looong Island live here for the beautiful Spring and Fall :(