It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 (2015)
Color: White

Re: It's Raining......

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

WhiteNoise wrote:Fizzy, where are you? Beautiful sun filled skies above you. WANT!!

And.....listen to Mel! He's got 70's going on! That's almost perfect full gear riding temp. JEALOUS!!

gn2 and you you....how's by you? Are yer heads above water? No Want! Not Jealous!

I will be rising tomorrow with white shite (okay, snow) falling again. Are you surprised? I'm not! :x
I'm near Limoges, France dude - and it's raining today (again) - it's rained for what seems like FOREVER here. :(

I was lucky last week - two dry days. :D
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011

Post by maddiedog »

I rode in the rain yesterday.

I really need to put that new tire on, I had a bit of a scare when a SUV decided they wanted my lane. I lost traction for a bit when I had to brake hard. I would have likely wrecked if I hadn't had experience with the rear going out from dirt biking -- I highly recommend any of you people out there who haven't ridden a dirt bike in the mud to at least go rent one to experience what riding with little traction is really like. Having that experience has saved me on multiple occasions.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

:o whoa..that was tricky! I never rode a dirt bike and now that I want to, I can't. All that bouncing round would whack my back out (I take chances now as it is). Ah well, it tis what it tis.
Glad you had the experience to keep her upright. Hey the weather is getting better for you Southern folk. Warming up, suns out, wheels turning. Nice.

We folk up North are just lovin' our snowmen snowlady snowkids snowanimals snowcars snowhomes snowtrees S N O W Everything!!!! (Where's a Bitchin' emoticon when you need one? Ok, this will work :x with a little of this :cry: thrown in). Really, Really over "It!"

TAKE THIS! YOU FROZEN CONGLOMERATION OF WATER DIRT AND GOD KNOWS WHAT! RIP
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (81.22 KiB) Viewed 8565 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote::o whoa..that was tricky! I never rode a dirt bike and now that I want to, I can't. All that bouncing round would whack my back out (I take chances now as it is). Ah well, it tis what it tis.
Glad you had the experience to keep her upright. Hey the weather is getting better for you Southern folk. Warming up, suns out, wheels turning. Nice.

We folk up North are just lovin' our snowmen snowlady snowkids snowanimals snowcars snowhomes snowtrees S N O W Everything!!!! (Where's a Bitchin' emoticon when you need one? Ok, this will work :x with a little of this :cry: thrown in). Really, Really over "It!"

TAKE THIS! YOU FROZEN CONGLOMERATION OF WATER DIRT AND GOD KNOWS WHAT! RIP
Is it carrot?
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

WhiteNoise wrote: TAKE THIS! YOU FROZEN CONGLOMERATION OF WATER DIRT AND GOD KNOWS WHAT! RIP
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I completely agree. We had such nice weather, and now we have a freeze warning. At least we don't have the snow you have! I saw this the other day, you might appreciate it, WN:
pms.jpg
pms.jpg (85.2 KiB) Viewed 8549 times
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

maddiedog wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote: TAKE THIS! YOU FROZEN CONGLOMERATION OF WATER DIRT AND GOD KNOWS WHAT! RIP
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I completely agree. We had such nice weather, and now we have a freeze warning. At least we don't have the snow you have! I saw this the other day, you might appreciate it, WN:
pms.jpg

Didn't realise you were a girly motorcyclist.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

For 2yous: according to sources (unmentioned), above snowman may have been constructed by :? Lorena Bobbitt :o
Yeah, yeah...me thinks itsa carrot ;)
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Dave! That totally rocks! Thanks for thinking of me ;)
(We certainly have 2yous thinking now :lol: ain't it fun?)
Cheers All, stay warm be Happy!! :D

Side tracked again. Almost forgot.....need to get the adult sized ice pick, some of that fake salt and clear me path :( things a bit slippy out there. R Ya Surprised??
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

WHO'S GOT RAIN ?
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:WHO'S GOT RAIN ?

When don't we have rain?

It's the opposite of awesome.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Nice here today . . .

Sadly, I was jetwashing my driveway and not riding. :(
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

What type of scooter is the one all the way on the end to the right, Fizzy? Never seen one of those before.
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

maddiedog wrote:What type of scooter is the one all the way on the end to the right, Fizzy? Never seen one of those before.
That's a Burgman 200 Exec - baby Burger. :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

8) A baby burger! Nice! Must look at one up close and personal when weather behaves.
:? Holding breath Way Too Long!

Can we say goodbye to winter yet? Running low on patience :|
And baby it's (still) C o l d outside!!
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

WhiteNoise wrote:8) A baby burger! Nice! Must look at one up close and personal when weather behaves.
:? Holding breath Way Too Long!

Can we say goodbye to winter yet? Running low on patience :|
And baby it's (still) C o l d outside!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394773127.544724.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394773127.544724.jpg (240.42 KiB) Viewed 8432 times
I'm fine
ImageImage
Brian

Re: It's Raining......But not in Scarborough

Post by Brian »

Brilliant weather this week in the North of England. had a great 120 mile run out to Scarborough and back. Parked up with the big boys on the seafront! Bag of chips, stick of rock, and a dose of sunshine. What more do you want!
Attachments
for web.jpg
for web.jpg (261.66 KiB) Viewed 8421 times
What is the color of wind?
MichRocks
Regular User
Regular User

Post by MichRocks »

Brian-
Don't worry about the 'big boys'. They'll eventually come around... : )
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: It's Raining......But not in Scarborough

Post by you you »

Brian wrote:Brilliant weather this week in the North of England. had a great 120 mile run out to Scarborough and back. Parked up with the big boys on the seafront! Bag of chips, stick of rock, and a dose of sunshine. What more do you want!

Do a ride out in the summer?
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Like this? :D and in yer summer Crocs ;)
"Happy First Day Of Spring Everybody!"

(My thanks to dream time)
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (485.85 KiB) Viewed 8377 times
Fizzy Rascal
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Fizzy Rascal »

Yesterday I put a few more miles on the PCX. I LOVE this little scooter - so smooth.

I'm having to run-in (break in) both the PCX and a Yamaha YBR Custom prior to a trip (to Barcelona) that myself and a couple of mates are doing in June. I need to get both bikes to their first service and ready for the trip. The second YBR is already run-in and has been serviced.

The YBR has a slight vibration (not bad, but it's there) at high revs - the Honda is like silk. After riding the YBR, the PCX with no gears, just point and squirt - and the combined braking means one only uses the left lever most of the time. I LOVE it! My mate Richie has got the best ride on this trip I reckon - he's using my PCX - while myself and another mate are riding the Yammies.

Link to FB page: https://www.facebook.com/BarcelonaAndBack

:)