It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: It's Raining......

Post by gn2 »

Aha, looks like its the Purple Helmets
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

.....Nah, it's frickin' Snow! :x
& Lots of it! Today, tonight into tomorrow. BLIZZARD! 28 degrees now. Expecting 8-10 inches. Strong winds & gusts up at 45mph. Temps will be "killer" cold tonight @ 14 degrees, factor in the windchill and your def frozen at -14 degrees!
No hiding from the shovel this time :(
(must repeat this to self: be careful of back, push the crap then lift small bits, don't throw the crap..."walk it over" then deposit in igloo form. Purdy like. Repeat till hands frozen, nose drip too. Quit! Reward: Pull beer out of "Snowcup" holder. Lift, Drink :)

I'll be danged....I'm still hearing the Florida Keys calling me. Where "Is" My phone!!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388689987.624883.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388689987.624883.jpg (53.1 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Snowing in north Kentucky. Can't wait to get back to louisiana. Stopping in Memphis for the night. Probably taking scooter back to campus tomorrow since we will see freezing temps Monday. I won't be surprised if classes are cancelled. In louisiana at the first sight of snowflakes seems like the state shuts down.
ImageImage
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

SNOW
Alright, enough already! Snowed all day yesterday throughout the night into late morning. Finally stopped. Now looking at 14-16" of powder with more in drifts. Time to shovel....again! It's cold out there. I'm bitchin'. Wanna help? Plenty a shovel to go around. Just asking :lol:
Heating blanket on tonight. Temps dipping to feel like 8 below zero. Nonsense..crazy Frosty man weather. Almost makes me want Rain. Huh? OMGosh....where is Florida?? :( I'll eat an orange
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

cant wait til spring gets here

would rather see this:

than this:

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:x S N O W!! :cry:
9" more today.
Happening every other day now.
Good to know WN is indoors, too much white out there to be found in.
I definitely know where the pooches are piddling :lol:
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

We might get more snow this weekend. Rainy and 50 degrees now.

This was our house last week:
photo.JPG
photo.JPG (116.02 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
Needless to say, I didn't get any riding in...
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ SEE ^^ White Stuff is taking over the whole East Coast!! Dipping it's way to maddiedog's front door (Very Nice Home by the way ;) with a quick stop at Mel's and winks at logepoge while flurringly going by!
Today, hmm...let's see (taps chin) what day is it? Who cares! SOS! I'm going outside. To do what? Why, to shovel again! Mother Nature has made me a robot. When will this end? I don't know.
Can you call her and let me know? I'll be right outside,.....just give a holler :D
A little thank ye video (hope u see it)

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

^ Hah! I love Simon's cat. Always hilarious. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yesterday's cleanup before visiting Mom at the Nursing Home.
(Note, that after posting this photo I will immediately be going out to clean up "Today's" Very Heavy Wet snow. Shades of excitement...pure bliss.
Cherish your sunny days folks :P
Attachments
Over and over and over again
Over and over and over again
image.jpg (433.54 KiB) Viewed 3779 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Your complaining about it but we would like some snow please. By the time we get your weather front it's just rain, rain and more rain
buddy1976
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by buddy1976 »

No you you we dont want snow! had enough last year here in yorkshire i came off my beloved honda dylan(rip dylan) twice in the snow! :(
Honda forza 125 2019
Malossi multivar 2000 with 8.5gr rollers
Yellow malossi contra spring
Malossi delta clutch and bell
Malossi special kevlar belt
K and n air filter
Akrapovic exhaust
BC BCTX7L-FP-S LiFePO4 Battery

Honda Pcx 125 esp 2012 uk model
Malossi Multivar 10.5g rollers
Malossi White Contra Spring
Malossi yellow clutch springs
Daytona reinforced belt
ADVANCEPro Large Diameter Drive Face
ADVANCEPro PCX125 Fi High Rigidity Bearing Slider
DNA Performance air filter
Removed air box flange
Removed seat hump
Ermax+25 windshield
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

buddy1976 wrote:No you you we dont want snow! had enough last year here in yorkshire i came off my beloved honda dylan(rip dylan) twice in the snow! :(

I'm in Yorkshire. Centre of the universe
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Long Island weather poster here (again) :ugeek:
Well, will ya look at that! Our big ball of fire has exposed itself! I See it! Where the hell'r my shades!! 8)
We had a quick 2 more inches last night. We're piling it on. Relentless! Triple "S" Snow, Sand, Salt just everywhere! Hopefully our bit of sun will melt some. Making that quad "S" Snow, Sand, Salt and glorious Sun!
Not to worry, More of the first "S" this Weds. (I feel it coming....WTFrick!) :x
Squeeze me....Off I am to Shovel (another "S" thrown in the mix, the one I'm o.v.e.r.)

you you I get it. Relentless rain sucks too! I would be delighted to share the white stuff :) How? Dunno. Sorry mate :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

So, I was driving to the Nursing Home & I wondered if there was any advantage to having all this sand and salt (besides the obvious). I tossed it around in thought and had a positive one. Then said I'd ask here.
Will our roads be "stripped" of oils and grime because of the salt and sand? Will it make our roads safer for spring riding? There's gotta be some good to this mess! :|
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:So, I was driving to the Nursing Home & I wondered if there was any advantage to having all this sand and salt (besides the obvious). I tossed it around in thought and had a positive one. Then said I'd ask here.
Will our roads be "stripped" of oils and grime because of the salt and sand? Will it make our roads safer for spring riding? There's gotta be some good to this mess! :|
They can use salt and grit to "condition" the road surface

Even more cheapskate than surface dressing
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

WhiteNoise wrote:So, I was driving to the Nursing Home & I wondered if there was any advantage to having all this sand and salt (besides the obvious). I tossed it around in thought and had a positive one. Then said I'd ask here.
I wish! There's still residual sand in places, making some corners near my house precarious at best. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Foolish me to even think that good could come of this! Arg! Geez. Salt eats everything! Why not oil grease and grime? Bah! :x
So now me back is out of sorts, changing me moods along with it. Bit my neighbors head off just an hour ago. I'm "out there" again, only this time chopping the living crap out of thick ice (seriously it's 2-3 inches deep with some spots near a foot!) Oh wait!....Let me back up to the "neighbor" part. Flashback: Some here might remember reading about a neighbor of mine that welcomed themselves to sit on my precious WN. Remember? I got mad. So today "this" same neighbor riled me again. I do not have the proper ice chopper so I was using a long handled garden 1/2 moon spade. The "contact patch" is minimal on this tool so I'm beating the ice "getting nowhere fast." Then I hear a voice...a chanting voice, repetitive, annoying voice saying, Ice Melt, Ice Melt, Ice Melt, Ice Melt! Slowly I Turned and replied been there, done that, in fact for weeks, done that! Again...obnoxious voice repeats, Use Ice Melt! Did I not just say I did??? I needed this conversation like a hole in the head. I'm freezing, I'm hurting and "that" mouth ran on. Enough I said. I did that! As if I said nothing, the conversation now swings over to ice hanging from rooftops, parking spots not cleared, and how badly we were plowed. I simply said, "Whatever! I don't care!" I turned my back & went back to chopping. So cold, hands numb, nose running. Moments later I felt bad... :? was I wrong? :roll: Blame it on the Relentless Snow?
It's an ibuprofen night
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Batten Down The Hatches!!
Here we go again! US south and east coast!
This time A Nor'easter!!
Dave, Mel and everyone else in it's path....go shopping!
Buy "ICE MELT!" For Gosh Sakes! Buy "ICE MELT!"
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

If you all would have grown up riding dirt bikes, a little sand in a hot corner would be no big deal.
In fact, in the right hands, a sandy corner can be fun. :D

"yer not riding if yer not sliding"

edit

My work truck at 715 this morning showed a temp of 21 below zero F

but it was a dry cold