It's Raining......

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Re: It's Raining......

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider wrote:Very serious storm brewing. . .glad I stocked up on some UTZ sour cream and onion potato chips in case the power goes out! :lol:
:lol: did the same here :lol: bought 3bags of "Funyuns Steakhouse Onion" rings. OMGosh, sooo good!
Ye Storm is leaving by days end. Everything held fast around me but other's nearer the coast suffered some major flood damage, (up to the likes of hurricane Sandy) :|
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Wow. . . I did notice a higher tide today than usual but not extreme. o_O

I remember Storm Sandy well. It was a full moon tide.

I have a marsh at the end of the street and L.I. Sound came up as far as my neighbor's driveway on the last high tide of Sandy (at night). Nobody on the street got washed out but it was like a slow motion extreme high tide. Sounds like L.I. got the brunt of it this time according to what you say. Mostly downed tree branches along the CT shore. No snow here. . .just windy rain. That being said the chips did come in handy. Finished off half a bag of them. :lol:

Can't wait until the weather improves enough to take my motorcycle for a 50 mile ride. I use my Roughhouse all the time (except in this kind of weather or snow) and save the bikes for when the roads are salt free and it's warmer.

That being said I'm really looking forward to getting a PCX this year. I'm seriously thinking about waiting until the 2018's hit the streets though and maybe I can get a deal on a 2017 leftover. I'll just offer to pay cash or cash and a trade and see what they say. 8)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Long Island Blizzard! And, it started as rain

Started at 4am this day and the White still falls. A foot or more is in place. Streets are being plowed over and over again. Driveway's apron packed with 2' of street snow. Fort building Boulder's of Snow! Should be ending 6pmish. Temps in the teens tonight. "Ice Baby, Ice......"

Okay you bunch of Sun Lovin' Scoot Riding Hooligan's, Who's up to coolin' down and shoveling? :lol:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (288.33 KiB) Viewed 940 times
And Yesterday JUST 24 hours ago, it was an unusual/record breaking 60 degrees. I detailed the truck:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (258.1 KiB) Viewed 940 times
Oh, p.s. Some snow shower's tomorrow (Fri) evening. Can't friggin' wait!! :x
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

That's messed up WN
Been lucky here in Chicago area but something like that might happen before long.
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Ahh, that all happened because you detailed the truck. Same thing happens here when you wash your car (except, rain or dust storm, not snow...).
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Hopefully you got the driveway entrance cleared before it froze. I am understanding the the storm was basically on the coast and didn't reach western NY
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just got done doing my shovel out. Fortunately I have a snow blower for the 2 foot wall where the driveway bordered the street. Cleared out the fire hydrant area as well. . .

Can't wait for the additional 3 inches tomorrow night. :lol:

Yesterday I took a nice walk down the beach and sat on the bench watching ducks diving for food.

If it wasn't for lousy weather we'd have no good weather at all. . .or something like that. :roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider....is everything coming up roses? Not funny, :| I know.

how about you homie....did the White find you? Gotta have some by now?

chicaboo...are you free of dust storms?

kram...I'm not sure about that side of NY, everything I watched on the the tube was about our Island. We had enough hourly news going right here!

Well! It's been a fun-filled past 4 days. Snow, sleet, wind, rain, thunder and right now, rain. Street and walks have gone to slush and ice. All a bunch of crap! :x Our accumulated snow 16"-20" - with plowed areas up to 5' high. Cars in our park lots were plowed in, boulder's of snow up to their windows. I dug one out. Two of my neighbor's fell while shoveling. One went to a health clinic. Another neighbor came home from the hospital and couldn't walk up his driveway to go in. WHAT! Just bad stuff happens when mother nature comes in a fury. It is what it is though.
Me, I shoveled too damn much the past two days. I'm hurting! Deserve it.

Please end this madness and bring on the birds. Then I'll know Spring wants in :)

All pics taken from inside through window. The first pic surprised me. If you look close, the droplets of ice have upside down views inside them. The tree, bush and porch railing are "upside down." Weird. Why does the camera lens do that? Crazy Cool! 8)
Attachments
2.10.17 Blizzard(1).jpg
2.10.17 Blizzard(1).jpg (106.78 KiB) Viewed 903 times
2.10.17 Blizzard(3).jpg
2.10.17 Blizzard(3).jpg (180.4 KiB) Viewed 903 times
2.10.17 Blizzard(4).jpg
2.10.17 Blizzard(4).jpg (150.1 KiB) Viewed 903 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

WhiteNoise wrote:chicaboo...are you free of dust storms?
Yeah, we only get those every few years when the winds blow hard from the desert. But that's about how often I wash the Jeep anyhow. :oops:
Attachments
P230909_12.24.JPG
P230909_12.24.JPG (573.62 KiB) Viewed 901 times
P230909_12.26.JPG
P230909_12.26.JPG (273.82 KiB) Viewed 901 times
Last edited by chicaboo on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Poor thing...Dehydrated?
FB95IMG951486764204425.jpg
FB95IMG951486764204425.jpg (44.75 KiB) Viewed 905 times
Cry out!
Attachments
3.9.13 pics from white small flashcard 776.jpg
3.9.13 pics from white small flashcard 776.jpg (77.61 KiB) Viewed 903 times
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

chicaboo wrote:
WhiteNoise wrote:chicaboo...are you free of dust storms?
Yeah, we only get those every few years when the winds blow hard from the desert. But that's about how often I wash the Jeep anyhow. :oops:
Been caught in a few sandstorms over the years, this one was 12 miles offshore Benghazi. :o btw photos taken midday.
Attachments
sand-1a.jpg
sand-1a.jpg (82.41 KiB) Viewed 899 times
DSCF0505a.JPG
DSCF0505a.JPG (108.49 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Sandstorm 12-Jan-09a.jpg
Sandstorm 12-Jan-09a.jpg (209.04 KiB) Viewed 899 times
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

WhiteNoise - great pics. . .at a quick glance the droplets on the windows look like a field of sad looking eyeballs. . .like hangover city. :lol:

The "Thunder Snow" was incredible. . .it kept rolling and rolling for a long time. My cat was freaking out. He kept getting up into high places scoping out the ceiling. . .wondering where it was coming from.

Today it was snowing at a good clip in my area until around 2:00PM and then starting slowly switching over to rain. . .

It was heavy too . . . just as you described. I hope your neighbors who fell will be OK.

Chicaboo - those pics say it all. . .I'll bet the dust works it's way into everything.

Tomorrow we are supposed to get 40 MPH winds with gusts up to 60 MPH. I think I'll fight my way down the beach and watch the waves crash on the shore. . .and maybe dodge a few broken tree limbs on the way. They are saying already there could be power outages. . .hope not. :roll:
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

PCX150Rider wrote:Chicaboo - those pics say it all. . .I'll bet the dust works it's way into everything.
When it happens you just shut everything and try and keep as much dust out as possible.
It's fun hosing the dust, err, mud? off the cars the next day.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

DAB - Thanks for sharing. . .I'll bet you have to swap out those dust masks periodically. Benghazi as in WWII Benghazi? Wow!!!! . o_O
DAB
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by DAB »

PCX150Rider wrote:DAB - Thanks for sharing. . .I'll bet you have to swap out those dust masks periodically. Benghazi as in WWII Benghazi? Wow!!!! . o_O
Yes, the engine room was mayhem, changing filters ever 20 minutes, lasted for 3 days. Benghazi, Libya. Spent 6 years there.
Other rides
Yamaha MT-01, Yamaha BT1100, Yamaha WR250R, Ducati 900 GTS, Honda VFR 750FV, Honda Forza 350
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Have the dust storms subsided? 8)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Three days of 60 degree weather this coming weekend in the Chicago land area. The calm before the snow I bet but DAHAM! Happy days are here again!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

3 Days of sun and warmth eh? My daughter and her husband will be happy to hear that. . .
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

Fast foward. . .dense fog started rolling in last night on CT (Long Island Sound) coast. Did a short ride on the scooter. Nothing like glaring lights from rush hour traffic returning home bouncing off the droplets on my helmet shield. I was keeping my fingers crossed the deer or coyotes weren't out and about yet. . .looking for movement or something that was wrong with the picture in an atmosphere of dark grey ambiguity. They seem to come and go randomly. . .like a $1 win on a lottery ticket. Really unseasonably warm. Possible thunderstorms later this afternoon. . .maybe high winds. Wouldn't want to be out in a boat today. . .

Hoping to fight the fog one more time and scoot up town for an errand before the sky opens up. . . o_O
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

So it seemed like a good idea at the time. . .stopped by the Library and then got some Lottery Tickets. . .no harm there. But on the way home a fast moving front pushed through and I got caught in a heavy duty thunder and lightening storm deluge. It was flash and crash almost simultaneously. . .the rain was so hard it was almost like hail. Only lasted about 15 minutes. Everything is drying out now. . .

Mid-Summer type thunder storms on the first of March. Unreal. And to top that. . .I had 5 turkeys hanging out on my front lawn when I was turning into my driveway. It seemed like they could have cared less. . . just sort of gave me the nod and continued to chill for a while longer. :o

Riding in extreme weather makes everything else seem unimportant. Keeps things in perspective I think. :geek:

It was a good day to be alive. :lol: