Weather report

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Weather report

Post by ese12105 »

You'll always be able to get a job until the governments of the world collapse... Oh well time will tell.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

ive thought about that, but in my area bus drivers just get abused, seen it happen plenty of times and always thought how i would of hated to have his job. Depends what route you get i guess.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

It's not a problem, you just sit there smiling, being polite and ignore their shit.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

is that what you do gn2?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

it's what experienced professional bus drivers do.
They just let things slide, remain calm, don't get stressed and have an easier life than the ones who take everything to heart and allow themselves to get wound up.
Same applies to driving generally.
Ignore the plonkers, take your time and relax.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

no, i mean is that what you do for a living? Sorry shoulda made myself clearer.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Ah, I understand what you meant now.
I'm retired.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Ah right. I think ill go for it, ill keep checking the travel west midlands website to see whats available every now and then. If i hate it and end up leaving for another job at least i will have got a PCV license out of it, which hopefully means cheaper car insurance.
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

An advantage to being a bus driver is that you get to piss diesel all over the road. Very amusing. Of course this might result in your death on your ride home after work.

I'm not up on the cost of a litre of diesel, but it must be incredibly cheap - there is loads of it on the roads around where I live. Buses are the main culprits as far as I can see. You'd think the bus garage would take the trouble to tighten a jubilee clip or two :x
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

National Express cover Wolverhampton, and they have trainee vacancies advertised right now.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

edscoot wrote:An advantage to being a bus driver is that you get to piss diesel all over the road. Very amusing. Of course this might result in your death on your ride home after work.

I'm not up on the cost of a litre of diesel, but it must be incredibly cheap - there is loads of it on the roads around where I live. Buses are the main culprits as far as I can see. You'd think the bus garage would take the trouble to tighten a jubilee clip or two :x
Have you seen diesel leaking from a bus?
If so, report it.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

ah, i was looking at the wrong site, i was looking here:
http://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/jobs/
Were you a bus driver before you retired then?
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

If you follow the links on that page it will take you to a trainee driver vacancy.
Shortly after I left the Army in 1983 I passed my PSV test (as it was then) and my instructor, Peter MacDonald of GGPTE said to me that in the future I would never be short of work if I had a PSV licence.
He was spot-on, in times when I needed a job I have been able to get one as a bus driver and the pay has always been pretty decent compared to other driving jobs.

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

im crap at filling these in...

Purpose

We will improve the quality of life to all through travel.
Promise

To make travel simpler.
Values

Safe - Everyday, everywhere, everyone.
Caring - For each other and our customers.
Connected - Working together to achieve much more.
Positive - We find solutions and deliver what we say we will.
Responsible - We do the right thing for our communities and the environment.

We'd like you to tell us why you think you can work well in a company that finds these values important.

We'd also like you to explain how your skills and attributes match those on the job description. Finally, include any other information that supports your application.

No idea what to put lol
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

Woolley, the soon to be road man. :P

Have you ever made a resume before?

Back on topic, holy crap, the weather is nice. It's 70F and sunny. It rained on me yesterday, but it was almost as warm as it is today, so it was actually pleasant. :D
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Yeah ive got one saved on my computer, but i just hate having to come up with bullshit answers for dumbass questions to make it look like the sun shines out my ass on application forms. Ive only ever worked in a supermarket before, and where i work now at CeX, and im sick of retail. Customers suck.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

I have never worked in retail, but my wife did before I got her a job as a secretary where I work. I couldn't imagine working retail, so many shitty people...

Just pretend your dream job is being a bus driver and let the rainbows of shit spout out your ass onto the paper. There's no shame in pretending to be completely excited about something you're not interested in for a pay raise. ;)
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Some useful information here for you:

gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

We're hearing about the tornado damage in the US. Is anybody on this forum affected? It's sounds very bad - 90 tornados and 700 severe weather events on Friday. Georgia was mentioned.