Useful additions

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Useful additions

Post by Mel46 »

WhiteNoise, your bike looks soo nice. All you need is a taller windshield and that bike would be f-a-s-t (it IS white, you know).
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Yes your bike is cherry WN... Classic pearl, perky bars, classy badge and I have that seat if anyone wants one PM me. Not a fan of the cradle seats.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

A "fast" Thank you Mel for complimenting WN's appearance :P while Yer "Red Hots" flame by :D

AFA a taller screen? I had a Givi medium (not the tall one like yours) mounted for a short while and I disliked the wavering I felt while riding. Is that what some of you refer to as buffeting?
So, I removed it and sold it here.
Me trying a taller screen? I don't think so. Just to "roofy" (towering) to me. I enjoy the ride with the stock screen and I'm aware of the danger's of not having a taller screen. Flying debri, and rocks nicked from those in front/around/or passing me by.

Flashback: Whilst in Florida (riding ATGATT) the Papa of Katydids hit me square on at 50mph...My face screen and lid were a gutsy mess. Had to carve the crap out of its nooks n crannies later. No joy.
So yeah, I bet your tall Givi's take the blows and that's surely an added benefit.
Enjoy every ride Mel, I realize how much you enjoy it. You were born to ride ;)

Well that wasn't such a "fast" reply afterall. Not surprised right? :roll:
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Thank ya too homie :D we like what we like, and weez like the Pearl of White! (with a bit of extras).
By any chance do you still have the link to those badges? Ya know some peeps here may be drawn to them and "I no have the linky" :|
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Here is a crazy addition, hardly useful but FUN!!!!
Found this on CL, price was right because who wears this right? :lol:
Always wanted to have one hanging around... so here it is! me onesie

Wife says please put that on and let me have a picture.
I say in your dreams :lol:
She will be sound asleep when I decide to go 'Drag Queen'
I shant become the laughing stock for her and her peeps on Facebook AGAIN!!!!! :roll:
Attachments
racesuit.jpg
racesuit.jpg (231.17 KiB) Viewed 1180 times
Last edited by homie on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: By any chance do you still have the link to those badges? Ya know some peeps here may be drawn to them and "I no have the linky" :|
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-PCX-125-1 ... v-&vxp=mtr
No black ones are available right now
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Wait a minute! Put that dang onesie on! Streetbiker in leather? Whats-a-matter-you?
Who's gonna see where the top stops and the bottom begins? You'll be flaming by on the Buell?
Think Evil Knievel
"Get It On" and "Strike a Pose!"
Wifey....grab yer cell n post him here
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote:Wait a minute! Put that dang onesie on! Streetbiker in leather? Whats-a-matter-you?
Who's gonna see where the top stops and the bottom begins? You'll be flaming by on the Buell?
Think Evil Knievel
"Get It On" and "Strike a Pose!"
Wifey....grab yer cell n post him here
yeah.. no
There's an air foil hump on the back and pucks that attach to the knees, I can hear the comments Edward scissor hands - quasimodo, I can live without it.
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (165.45 KiB) Viewed 1178 times
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

homie wrote:Here is a crazy addition, hardly useful but FUN!!!!
Found this on CL, price was right because who wears this right? :lol:
Always wanted to have one hanging around... so here it is! me onesie

Wife says please put that on and let me have a picture.
I say in your dreams :lol:
She will be sound asleep when I decide to go 'Drag Queen'
I shant become the laughing stock for her and her peeps on Facebook AGAIN!!!!! :roll:
That doesn't exactly go with your skull cap and goggles. :P
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

You'll need a screen if you're traveling through Florida in May. . .the "Love Bugs" are unbelievable. . .
Lovebugs.jpg
Lovebugs.jpg (6.52 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
And if you plan on going through Baltimore this year good luck with the Cicadas. The last time I saw those was when my daughter graduated from Hopkins in 2004.
220px-Tibicen_linnei.jpg
220px-Tibicen_linnei.jpg (14.83 KiB) Viewed 1161 times
Either way it's a mess. . .

Have a nice day! :lol:
Carl
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016

Post by Carl »

Givi tall windscreen
Oxford adventure heated grips
Thermoscud muffs
Lever insulators

A warranty. Yet another to add to the list. Will update my thread!
Rickjds
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2020
Color: Candy Luster Re

Post by Rickjds »

WhiteNoise wrote:Thank ya too homie :D we like what we like, and weez like the Pearl of White! (with a bit of extras).
By any chance do you still have the link to those badges? Ya know some peeps here may be drawn to them and "I no have the linky" :|
White is the best IMO since it's very visible. To many drivers do not see scooters or mopeds and too many accidents here.
PJDawgs
Color: Husker Red

Post by PJDawgs »

Well sorry I have been away and didn't even answer my own post. Outside of basic safety gear such as helmet, armor jacket, gloves as well as basic non powered cooler weather gear here is a list of cool additions I personally have.
1. Custom made seat to get ride of the darn hump! Do like it but wish I would have put the "back rest" back a little more for extra stretching room. - https://www.facebook.com/mpmotorseat/
2. Probably my favorite and inexpensive item, the helmet hook. You install it between bar end and handle grip and hang your helmet. I have stuff stored under seat and find the factory undersea hook pretty wonky. (BTW if you wanna order I have a code for $3 off go to www.thehelmethook.com and use code OWSCsave$3) https://www.facebook.com/Herbie2PCX/pos ... 6315764977
3. Muvi "No Proof No Glory" action camera (similar to a go pro) plus ram mounts for putting on handlebar. https://www.facebook.com/NoProofNoGlory/
4. I miss this item. I love this seat cover that keeps seat cool in heat but can't use with custom seat. Considering putting stock seat back on and improvising something regarding loosing hump just so can use this hot seat cover again https://www.facebook.com/MotorcycleSeatCovers/
5. Super hi reflective wheel rim stickers - https://www.facebook.com/customtaylor33products/
6. Custom paint job on front by local pinstripe guy - https://www.facebook.com/RipleysPinstriping1/
7. Because I do have some medical issues and take medications I do consider this a safety item but also something very important https://www.facebook.com/RoadID/
8. Mirror extenders https://www.facebook.com/LuckyBikeTeam/
9. Had local scooter shop install a 12v charger plug on the "glovebox" like in the 2015 model www.scooterworld.com
10. A Garmin with lifetime maps & traffic plus trip memory and needed ram mounts.
11. A 2 charger with 2 USB plug unit from Amazon mounted between handlebar and dash (on the flat area) so I have plenty ability to charge things if needed.
12. Handlebar clock www.clocks4bikes.com
13. Handlebar mounted drink holder (ebay)
14. While this is also technically safety wear item - I couldn't find any armor pants I liked that either didn't look like motocross or because I am bigger that would fit. I found these that you wear almost like long underwear but with armor from Bohn Armor. I haven't purchased yet but a friend did. The mesh "jacket" that is very extra light weight that you could wear in 100* plus weather with a t-shirt and still be protected and not have heat related issues.
I don't know how to post photos but most of the items I posted the links to facebook for the item plus a lot of things can be viewed on my scooter Facebook page.
The helmet hook is my favorite practice but inexpensive item.
I love my gadgets like the camera and the GPS, the anything that makes my scooter still mostly stock but stand out like the reflector wheel rim stickers and the custom paint job.
Thanks for everyone's input and for letting me share my accessories with you.
http://www.facebook.com/Herbie2PCX
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Re. the "Prestige" sticker....I think it's been rebagged by the Thais....my Granny has the same badge on her Maytag dryer. The "PRESTIGE Eco 700".
Same badge.
But I can't talk...I'm putting a pretty Alfa Romeo badge on my Kymco.
Stig
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

PJD - check out Aerostitch khakis and jeans. I have enjoyed mine (and looked "work-casual"), and feel at least a bit safer.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-protekt-jeans-2.html

Hmmm. Looks bleak for the khaki's. They may be discontinued.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

fish wrote:Re. the "Prestige" sticker....I think it's been rebagged by the Thais....my Granny has the same badge on her Maytag dryer. The "PRESTIGE Eco 700".
Same badge.
Stig

Rebadged?

Nobody will know without photographic evidence.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

fish wrote:Re. the "Prestige" sticker....I think it's been rebagged by the Thais....my Granny has the same badge on her Maytag dryer. The "PRESTIGE Eco 700".
Same badge.
Stig
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I should be putting the hat on Fish for that post 8)
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

you you wrote:
Same badge.
Stig

Rebadged?

Nobody will know without photographic evidence.
No, not rebadged. Rebagged. The Thais sell these things in Honda parts b a g s. And Maytag bags.
My Alfa badge comes in an brown envelope from Somalia. Re-loped, as it were, from Milan.
Fish
atpcop
Year: 2017

Post by atpcop »

A tunnel bag is a superb addition. Makes the PCX look better and adds a lot more storage space!
PJDawgs
Color: Husker Red

Post by PJDawgs »

GeorgeSK wrote:PJD - check out Aerostitch khakis and jeans. I have enjoyed mine (and looked "work-casual"), and feel at least a bit safer.

http://www.aerostich.com/aerostich-protekt-jeans-2.html

Hmmm. Looks bleak for the khaki's. They may be discontinued.
Thanks George I will look into these! I admit while the Bohn Armor works well I do get lazy about adding another layer. While I got the original and not the mesh they are not as horrible as one might think during the not quite heat of summer. They are a great addition to good layering for cooler weather. I tend to not be as anal about protective gear waist down vs waist up with exception of footwear.
I will flag the website and check it out soon (gotta save some "allowance" money)
http://www.facebook.com/Herbie2PCX