Honda PCX discontinued in Europe?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Honda PCX discontinued in Europe?

Post by Oyabun »

A friend of mine recently wanted to buy a new PCX from a local dealer -and got the informatioj thet it is not available and will not be sold anymore in Hungary. We asked around and this seems to be the case in Austria also. Any of the other EU forum members heard anything similar?
One theory is that as ABS is obligatory on any two wheeler with displacement above 125cc it would not be feasible to modify the PCX platform to comply with the regulations thus it is discontinued. Which opens an another interesting speculation about a 150cc Forza...
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Honda PCX discontinued in Europe?

Post by Mel46 »

As I understand it, for scooters with 125cc or less the ABS requirement is an "either, or" situation. Either they must have abs OR they must have combined braking, which the PCX has. For the PCX 150, that is a different story. They may be able to sell out existing stock under the EU 3 standard though.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Maybe we see ABS in the near future for our lovely scooters if this is true.
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

Mel46 wrote:As I understand it, for scooters with 125cc or less the ABS requirement is an "either, or" situation. Either they must have abs OR they must have combined braking, which the PCX has. For the PCX 150, that is a different story. They may be able to sell out existing stock under the EU 3 standard though.
This is what I'm saying when I say anything above 125cc has to have ABS. Unfortunately the Android keyboard thought that 150 in the topic name was irrelevant. To correct it, only the 150 seems to be not listed at dealers the 125 is sold as happy as ever.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

On January 1st all two wheelers sold in the EU will have to comply with the new and more stringent Euro4 emissions and safety standards.

It remains to be seen which models will be modified to meet the new regs and which will be dropped.
As an example, Suzuki only have one bike in their entire range (2016 SV650) which is currently Euro4 compliant.
They won't just ditch the whole range bar one model, changes will have to be made.

It is because of the upcoming Euro4 cull of the dead wood that this years Eicma promises to be very interesting indeed.
There could be a whole raft of new models....

Time will tell.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

Saw today that the Forza 125 in white/blue which is very popular is being dropped in the UK with silver/grey/brown and others still on sale. Very strange decision since most people on the Forza 125 forum seem to go for this colour combination (it's a slightly more powerful 125 with ABS but costs £3900!)
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

White/blue option was matt and a bit BMW-ish.
Two good reasons for not choosing it
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Oyabun »

iceman wrote:Saw today that the Forza 125 in white/blue which is very popular is being dropped in the UK with silver/grey/brown and others still on sale. Very strange decision since most people on the Forza 125 forum seem to go for this colour combination (it's a slightly more powerful 125 with ABS but costs £3900!)
That's just the standard color change between mofel years I guess.
I'm aware what is a forza125, and also test rode it - but I prefer the pcx in the city (smaller bike, and about 40kg less weight), and a proper bike touring outside of the city.
Would be happy to ride a PXC with 4 valve head, 15 inch front wheel, a bit wider rear wheel, dics at the rear and ABS - with generally the same weight.
But my assumption is, that the PCX will stay an entry level A1 (125cc) scooter in Europe, with the Forza potentially having a 125, 150 and 300 version complying with regulations. Except if the nmax125 sales hit a really big dent on the pcx sales which could force Honda to modernize the PCX also a bit.
tomtomclub2005
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014
Color: white

Post by tomtomclub2005 »

Hi Oyabun,

The 2017 Pcx 125 on sale since may over here is Euro4 compliant and comes with michelins stock. (see http://www.motomag.com/La-version-2017- ... uceur.html and translate it) I see no reason why they would stop selling those in Hungary or Austria ?! check with honda directly, sometimes dealers are just BS' ing- maybe you can check with aling on the german forum .
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

gn2 wrote:White/blue option was matt and a bit BMW-ish.
Two good reasons for not choosing it
Comments (rumours) seem to suggest the white/blue was selling too well leaving lots of stock of other colours which they are trying to flog. Better to swap the panels and sell scoots as I would not purchase some of the colours available.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

I really like the NC750S, always prefer to have a white bike or scooter, but really don't like matt finish.
My Forza started out gloss but it has turned matt, the quality of the paint finish is really poor methinks.