THE SEATS or WILL WE EVER POPULATE MARS IN OUR LIFETIME?

General Honda PCX chat, questions about the PCX, or questions about riding.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

THE SEATS or WILL WE EVER POPULATE MARS IN OUR LIFETIME?

Post by PCX150Rider »

So as we all know the seats on the PCX models have always been an issue for larger riders. . .or riders who just plain don't like them. It's been a "Dump the Hump" campaign right along and people have either had to remove the humps on the earlier models up to 2013 and replace them with padded seat covers, live with stock seats and tough it out, or just buy new custom seats from after market sources for newer models up to the present. :|

That being said I happened to be browsing the Corbin Saddle site and noticed they offer a new seat for the Yamaha SMax. . .and although they do offer a product for the Honda Silverwing there is nothing for the PCX. Note that they have been generous in making seats for the Yamaha Scooter line-up. http://corbin.com/yamaha/ysmax.shtml 8)

It prompted me to initiate a suggestion so I left a message (request) to inform them that a lot of PCX owners aren't entirely happy with the stock seats and it may be worth their while (in so many words) to look into it. If I get a reply I'll let you all know. . .

I'd rather buy an aftermarket seat from them knowing the quality and service I received in the past on one of my motorcycles. The thing still looks like new and I've had it a long time. The guy who started the company has quite a history with electronics as well. . .even sold great boots for a while. Bought a pair of those too. . .and I've still got them. They just last and last. . . ;)

I know that they offer people free production pieces if they let them borrow their machine to use as a guinea pig to design and produce a new seat. The new Honda Rebels and some other bikes are on their need list but no PCX's. We shall see what happens as time moves forward. . .which rhymes with Forza. . .and gee maybe a seat for that would be nice as well? :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: THE SEATS or WILL WE EVER POPULATE MARS IN OUR LIFETIME?

Post by homie »

Corbin does make the choice saddles. Excellent quality and you need only buy one but they are not inexpensive. It could be right up there with a custom muffler. My Corbin is approximating 350.00 with tax o_O and it's a lot less detailed than a PCX design would be. But since they are made to order I don't see why they wouldn't consider your request even knowing it would be one of the most expensive parts on the scooter.

http://corbin.com/buell/hdb1125.shtml
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg (104.18 KiB) Viewed 543 times
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Unfortunately they don't make passenger seats, which leaves you wanting and feeling the MONK :roll: where is the sense of symmetry?

"Sorry, but given the size of the passenger seating area, we didn't tool up a rear seat"
Attachments
unnamed (1).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg (127.56 KiB) Viewed 541 times
montliz44
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013,2014
Color: red+redder

Post by montliz44 »

Corbin makes great seats and IMO they're worth every penny of their startlingly high price. My guess as to why they don't offer seats for the PCX is just that nobody's asked them to and/or they don't have a stock seat to use as a model. If either of these conditions were met I'm sure they would put together the best PCX seat money could buy overnight.

Johnny
One PCX, One Forza -- Twice the fun, half the money!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Yeah. . .I let them know I was only providing information to them about a possible market they are overlooking. I wasn't placing a custom order or anything like that. But let them know I was a satisfied customer from a previous purchase.

Corbin even jumped on the Grom thing already and the Kawasaki Z125 Pro as well. And they are relatively new compared to the PCX run.

As you know they are producing the seats for all different makes and models so they can be stocked. . .ready to be pulled "off the shelves" to fulfill orders. . . and shipped ASAP.

Those seats run in the $400 clams range and in my view worth every penny. . .and made in U.S.A..

There's always a market for the high quality cars, chocolate, food, motorcycles ($30,000 clams for a ride??? Holy Jesus but people do pay) and more . . .it's good to be King. :lol:

I agree that in comparison to the cost of a PCX OTD, a Corbin Saddle would be about 1/10th the cost of the whole machine. If they could solve the comfort and fit issues though it would be a solid solution. Just producing an "alternative" seat with the same fit won't due. I would think the seat pan construction would be "the" major challenge. The SMax seat still has the raised pillion so I wonder if, in spite of that, they were able to make it more roomy for the rider. :geek:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

PCX150Rider wrote:Just producing an "alternative" seat with the same fit won't due. I would think the seat pan construction would be "the" major challenge.
It's true, Corbin did not just copy the stock seat on the Buell. They went for comfort and dished out the saddle enough to assist in limiting slipping forward on the seat. This may or may not be the racers choice but they did take the initiative, risk and ridicule redesigning for street comfort. I solute them for the Buell design and Made in the USA. I hope they will put some thought into a Corbin seat for PCX and show Honda how it's done... for comfort. And No Jesus will come before we leave the planet or Christianity is a hoax.