Dashboard problems

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

tripleg
Year: 2016
Color: Grey

Dashboard problems

Post by tripleg »

Hi guys. I'm having a problem with my dashboard on PCX 125 2016. I was on the lights when I noticed my engine didn't switch off which was weird because I always use Idling stop. I've tried to flick the button on a off and the Idling stop LED came on, moved off to the next lights and the LED disappeared again. From there I've noticed that my speed is not showing neither. I've tried to switch off the engine and start it again, the dashboard does the self check the speed goes from 0-100 but then it doesn't work and it doesn't count the miles neither. Only thing I can add as well when I was getting to work it was raining, on arrival I've covered my scooter with the cover, however some water still got through. The problems started later on that day going back home. Regarding the warranty I don't think I have any because the first owner was really lacking the service checks he was really poor with taking care of that bike. Thanks for the advices!
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Dashboard problems

Post by Mel46 »

I have to wonder if the dashboard cable is loose. I don't know how hard it is to reach up under there to make sure, but going from the top shouldn't be too hard. Take off the windshield and the dash cover, and have a look with a flashlight.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
tripleg

Post by tripleg »

Cheers pal I’ll have a look later on today..
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

I'd rather look at the speed sensor at the back of the transmission.
OP mentions that dash does the self test so it is connected. Given the number of connections and placement of the dash connector I doubt it would have a selective or intermittent problem.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

Oyabun wrote:I'd rather look at the speed sensor at the back of the transmission.
OP mentions that dash does the self test so it is connected. Given the number of connections and placement of the dash connector I doubt it would have a selective or intermittent problem.
That makes sense. Maybe the sensor died. Get the workshop manual, it's very handy.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
tripleg

Post by tripleg »

Thanks for that guys. Took the sensor out yesterday gave it a proper cleaning and it works fine...everything is back to normal..
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Great to hear. For future reference, what kind of contamination was on the sensor?
As I understand it is a kind of magnetic sensor. Has it git some metal shavings on it, or the connector was the problem?
power-full
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2010
Color: preta

Post by power-full »

the sensor must be this from within the cx. when I changed the stretching rods of mine I also cleaned the sensor, had some filaments seized and that "spouts" the oil
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... b855ea.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/sergiofininho
Pcx powerfull kit yuminashi 168cc
93000km 23.03.2022 dont stop..