JF47E engine 2013 - JF57A engine 2015

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Year: 2013
Color: Red now white

JF47E engine 2013 - JF57A engine 2015

Post by 212 »

Hi
Been a reading the forum for a while, but not needed to pay till now.
I got hit by a car that drove off at the weekend. The crash snapped the centre stand off the crank case taking part of the crankcase with it so all the oil came out :cry:

I going to put a new engine in and would like to know if the newer model engine will fit and connect up okay?

My engine mounts are on the bottom not like the first engine that had them on top.

Has anyone done this engine swap before?

All advice appreciated as it’s going to be a couple of weeks before I’ll be fixed enough to take the job on

Cheers
Veni Vidi Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: JF47E engine 2013 - JF57A engine 2015

Post by you you »

212 wrote:Hi
Been a reading the forum for a while, but not needed to pay till now.
I got hit by a car that drove off at the weekend. The crash snapped the centre stand off the crank case taking part of the crankcase with it so all the oil came out :cry:

I going to put a new engine in and would like to know if the newer model engine will fit and connect up okay?

My engine mounts are on the bottom not like the first engine that had them on top.

Has anyone done this engine swap before?

All advice appreciated as it’s going to be a couple of weeks before I’ll be fixed enough to take the job on

Cheers

Sorry, you’ve bought the wrong engine.

Post by 212 »

Thanks for letting me know, I’ll get on the look out for a JF47E it’s a shame as there are loads on the newer engines about
Veni Vidi Velcro
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: black

Post by Gil »

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Honda did some minor improvements on the 2015+ engine that had to do with the shape of the intake manifold and some other friction reduction improvements. I know for sure that the fuel line is longer than the 2013 model, so there is that. I wouldn't hesitate to try it.

edit: Oh, never mind, I just looked up the engine number and noticed that you have the 125cc engine. In that case, it should still be a doable swap, but you might need other components, like the ECU. If you get the engine with all the components on it, like the throttle body, intake box, injector, then it might not be too bad.

Gil
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Gil wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't work
Engine mounts are incompatible between the original 125 engine and the later eSP engines.
They simply aren't interchangeable.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Shouldn't the 2013 model be a eSP model?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Hi 212 welcome aboard!
Wow, centerstand takes out motor! Oil everywhere! Woof! Never read that here, you're the first. Sorry.

Read this, it might make you feel better:

It happened to one of my Honda Shadow's years back.
I had bid and won the bike online, a Friend took me to fetch it. As I was paying my bargain price, he was loading it into his enclosed trailer rather quickly.
Too quickly! He bottomed out at the transition point (ramp meets trailer). The pitch was too severe. It snagged the bottom of the bike and my friend jumped off. The bike lay on its side....crankcase cracked bleeding oil everywhere. He grabbed some nearby rags trying desperately to save his wood flooring :roll: I stood in Shock. The previous owner, stood in Shock. But....at least he had his money. I had lost my investment and later...much more $$. Too much money.
That didn't happen, did it? :roll Somebody, wake me. Gosh, that was freaky.

Took time but the bike got a new heart at Honda while mine healed. I Sold it right after the fix. A voo-doo, hoo-doo bike. I thought it to be Jinxed. Bid it fare well. Shortly after, I bought another.

That's history now.
Good luck with yer fix 212 I hope it all pans out! :P

Oh, and please add your location to your profile (see my below instructions), it will help others to help you! Tis the truth bro
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You

Post by 212 »

Thanks for all the advice and sympathy:-)
The engine is a ESP and I’ve managed to track a Jf47e engine down which I will pick up over the weekend. I’ll give it a going over then fit it.

Will also use the time the bike is off the road to give the PCX some much deserved love, thinking of a new panel set and a LED headlight plus paint the rusty bits as I ride it in all weathers

Cheers for the warm welcome again
Veni Vidi Velcro
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

gn2 wrote:
Gil wrote:I don't see why it wouldn't work
Engine mounts are incompatible between the original 125 engine and the later eSP engines.
They simply aren't interchangeable.
He is in the UK and in the UK 125cc scoots are popular because of the laws there. Something about younger people not being able to ride bikes bigger than 125cc or something. I think they have the 125cc PCX and the 150cc pcx. You are right though that the previous years 125cc PCX isn't compatible with the newer eSP engine.

Gil
ImageImage
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

212 wrote:Thanks for all the advice and sympathy:-)
The engine is a ESP and I’ve managed to track a Jf47e engine down which I will pick up over the weekend. I’ll give it a going over then fit it.

Will also use the time the bike is off the road to give the PCX some much deserved love, thinking of a new panel set and a LED headlight plus paint the rusty bits as I ride it in all weathers

Cheers for the warm welcome again

Sweet, have fun putting it back together.

Gil
ImageImage