Keep it simple ! stupid !!

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Keep it simple ! stupid !!

Post by easyrider »

alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: Keep it simple ! stupid !!

Post by alx123 »

It must be the age.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Wow. . .good vid and absolutely true. Keep it damn simple and turn a closed ear to the propaganda to get options you can live without quite easily that will eventually break and cost you beaucoup bucks not only up front but also again later on. ;)

Last year I got a chance to drive a new Chrysler 200 my daughter rented from an airport and I had to use a dial for the shift. Go figure. . .. :roll:

With all the emphasis on keeping physically fit these days you'd think that manual shift vehicles with a real clutch and real gear shift would be looked upon as good thing to have. Plus, when the battery goes south you can just roll it and pop the clutch to get it started again (much easier if you don't have power steering. . .but I'm not sure they make vehicles without power steering anymore). ;)

Do note however that there are the "Keeping up with the Jone's" folks who have the money and are into the "Got it flaunt it" mode and until they have some kind of divine inspiration will continue to chase their tails through life like a dog who's fit to be tied. 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

One thing I'd like to add is that if someone has a disability and they need features and equipment that will make it easier (or even possible) for them to travel the roads then all the better!

I didn't want my previous comments to be taken the wrong way. :geek:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I think it is great that they have the ability to put a lot of these new things into cars, but along with every good there is the bad. If/when it breaks it will cost a fortune to fix it.
I have an older Volvo V70. It has a remote for opening doors, with a built in key that pops out that you use for starting the car, with a chip in the key to prevent theft. Keep in mind that the key also unlocks doors, like most keys do. So the remote isn't as sophisticated as the newer ones that you can keep in your pocket and not ever touch a real key.
One day the remote broke. I am now forced to have to use the key to unlock and lock the doors. I went to the Volvo dealer to ask about a replacement remote. $500...guess who is not going to buy a new remote?! The car still works without the remote so why waste the Money?
I feel sorry for those who have to use the remote to start their car. Drop that remote in a mud puddle on your way to your car and you are not driving that car home that night.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers