PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

SCOUSETEZ
Year: 2017
Color: RED

PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER.

Post by SCOUSETEZ »

CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF I CAN TAKE OFF THE CLEAR PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER ON DASH SO I CAN CLEAN INSIDE OF IT. I JET WASHED BIKE AND WATER HAS GOT IN. NOW STEAMING UP. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS RELEASE CLIPS AT EACH END BUT NOT SHORE. ONLY JUST JOINED TODAY SO I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE PUT THIS QUESTION IN CORRECT AREA. THANKS. ALSO BIKE IS STILL UNDER 2 YEAR WARRANTY, SO MAYBE TAKE IT BACK TO HONDA WERE I GOT IT FROM IF ITS A BIG JOB JUST TO CLEAN UNDERSIDE OF SPEEDO COVER. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SPEND HOURS TAKING ALL KINDS OF PARTS OFF JUST TO GET TO THE PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER RELEASE OR JUST SO I CAN CLEAN INSIDE OF IT. THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER.

Post by alx123 »

looks like you have to remove the windshield and the front cover first before getting access to the meter panel. So I suggest bringing it to Honda and let them do it, we dont want to break some fragile plastic panels.

but before all that, Let's start by fixing your all CAPS keyboard problem. It's stinging my eyes.(sorry , can't help it)
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
rvkssl
Year: 2014
Color: Pearl white

Post by rvkssl »

Never, i say never never jet wash your bike...... or anything else besides your entrance ramp.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

rvkssl wrote:Never, i say never never jet wash your bike...... or anything else besides your entrance ramp.

Or use common sense when jetwashing
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

There has to be something he can do to dry this up. Needs a few days in the desert or pack entire bike in rice for a week :)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

but before all that, Let's start by fixing your all CAPS keyboard problem. It's stinging my eyes.(sorry , can't help it)
He's shouting loudly during the post. . .. All that power washing has effected his hearing. :lol:

Not funny though. . .I know. :(

If it were me I'd try to bring it into a dry garage or shed and if there are windows let it sit in the sun. Otherwise I'd try putting it into an enclosed area with an electric dehumidifier. Or, if it's possible to get it into an area where there is a furnace or boiler and it's warm. I'd try that. Could also try putting it in a warm dry garage with a fan blowing on it.

Otherwise. . .I guess you would have to take it apart. The thing is when I'm riding my Suzuki on cooler Summer or Autumn nights the gas gauge sometimes gets a little misty under the glass but it always dries out after I park it for the night.

Perhaps give it some more time and see if it goes away on it's own? If something got in. . .something can get out. . .unless it's a trap. I'm thinking it's not air tight. 8)

Can always call the Honda dealer and see what they have to say and chances are they will suggest something or ask to bring it in and that means $$ if not covered under warranty. A similar problem came up on this forum 4 years ago and at the end of the day and all the suggestions it seemed like the poster was going to attempt to get a new speedometer assembly under warranty. That's where it ended. Never posted a closing remark on any success with that. Here's a link. :geek:

http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1302
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Post by springer1 »

Just ride it and air-flow dry it.
SCOUSETEZ

Post by SCOUSETEZ »

Just want to say thanks to everyone for commenting and i appreciate the answers. i will give it a few days and try drying it out and see what happens. if not i will take it to honda and see what they say. Thanks everybody.
SCOUSETEZ

Post by SCOUSETEZ »

you you wrote:
rvkssl wrote:Never, i say never never jet wash your bike...... or anything else besides your entrance ramp.

Or use common sense when jetwashing
I got plenty of common sense.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

youyou.... don't ;)
Attachments
see no, hear no, speak no.png
see no, hear no, speak no.png (8.32 KiB) Viewed 743 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

Don't Ya just hate when that happens? (I think Dudley Moore said that in Arthur?)

Yep that's a tough one to give an easy answer too (as you have just witnessed here scousetez).
Welcome to our forums and to our crazy sense of humor(s). Hope no offense was taken. Tis a hard question to answer other than to:
Go back to a Honda dealer or take the scoot parts off yourself and dry her up. 2nd choice is a bit of work though just for moisture.
Yeah .... Better to let Honda do it. You do the Fun Stuff..... RIDE :P

Please stick around, let us know the outcome. We're not always wise crackin'
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

SCOUSETEZ wrote:Just want to say thanks to everyone for commenting and i appreciate the answers. i will give it a few days and try drying it out and see what happens. if not i will take it to honda and see what they say. Thanks everybody.

I'd be tempted to give it a really good run to dry it out. If water has got into the speedo it may have got into other places.

I'd also take it back to the dealer as it should be able to take a reasonable washing. Might be a defective gasket. I've had a similar problem recently and the dealer didn't dismiss it out of hand. Fixed it under warranty and no further problems.
pcx888
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2011
Color: pearl white

Post by pcx888 »

SCOUSETEZ wrote:CAN ANYBODY TELL ME IF I CAN TAKE OFF THE CLEAR PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER ON DASH SO I CAN CLEAN INSIDE OF IT. I JET WASHED BIKE AND WATER HAS GOT IN. NOW STEAMING UP. IT LOOKS LIKE THERE IS RELEASE CLIPS AT EACH END BUT NOT SHORE. ONLY JUST JOINED TODAY SO I DON'T KNOW IF I HAVE PUT THIS QUESTION IN CORRECT AREA. THANKS. ALSO BIKE IS STILL UNDER 2 YEAR WARRANTY, SO MAYBE TAKE IT BACK TO HONDA WERE I GOT IT FROM IF ITS A BIG JOB JUST TO CLEAN UNDERSIDE OF SPEEDO COVER. I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO SPEND HOURS TAKING ALL KINDS OF PARTS OFF JUST TO GET TO THE PLASTIC SPEEDO COVER RELEASE OR JUST SO I CAN CLEAN INSIDE OF IT. THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE.

too bad you dont live me I can take apart and clean for you.
2011 White PCX
Michelin Tire City Grip Front and Rear
Aftermarket Thai Seat.
JDM Front lights and Rear Lights and Fender.
NCY Variator, And Face and 13 Dr. pulley sliders.
Rear NCY 1000 contra spring.
NCY Textured clutch bell.