First oil change and screen cleaning

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

Re: First oil change and screen cleaning

Post by springer1 »

1. Squeeze the left hand brake hard several times without touching the P-brake knob and release the lever.
2. Go to the nut at the axle and rotate it clockwise one increment at a time until the wheel has resistance enough it will not spin more than a few inches with a good thrust.
3. Check now that you will not be able to set the P-brake at all... because there is not enough play.
4. Turn the nut one increment at a time counterclockwise until you can set the P-brake. Check each time you meet a new increment on the nut if you can set the P-brake and stop when you can.
Homie - BINGO - that did it !! AND AS A BONUS .... now my %-front / %-rear brake pressure split from the combined left brake lever is probably correct for the 1st time !!

You-You - I was rethinking your easy siphoning method for engine oil changes, I think I'm gonna try doing that every other oil change since 1) the strainer screen showed so little metal and the engine oil had no type of matter of any kind and 2) I'll probably be changing engine oil every 3,000 miles anyway. So your easier solution will be a welcome fast method the times I don't pull the plug & screen - Thanks !
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: First oil change and screen cleaning

Post by homie »

You are most welcome, don't feel bad not even the dealer can adjust the brake lock right.
now click here ;) http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1916

youyou... flaming wrench is now firmly up me bum, shoes, shoes, shoes
WhiteNoise don't bother i've been quoted twice :oops: But I know you would have help me before youyou got me if you could have.