PCX150 body tabs / fasteners

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2018
Color: white

PCX150 body tabs / fasteners

Post by springer1 »

My 2018 is at the 600 mile mark, so I'm going to perform the scheduled maintenance. (I was going to allow the dealer to complete this 1st interval but they want the scoot for 4 days and cannot give me a price yet.). I've been maintaining MC engines for 45 years, I have not concerns about doing this (other than body panel removals haha).

So, I've ordered the Service Manual and watched the U_Tube video (thanks to who did that !) and noticed there are concerns about breaking some of the plastic body tabs and fasteners. Can anyone advise which types I should order and have on-hand either for now or the future if I break a few and need to replace them ? Also, is there any aspect of the video regarding body panels that I can skip or should be modified a bit ? Thank you !
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: PCX150 body tabs / fasteners

Post by springer1 »

Ooops, I should have watched the entire video before asking, the clip descriptions are already there !! ....... Homie, that is a seriously helpful video ... Thank you very much, the thoughtfulness and work in making that is really appreciated !
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

It does have a following :lol: stays up until someone makes a better one.
Ok to answer your questions trim clips can be removed and reused every time if you push the pin in the center of the tap then pull them out. I didn't know this at the time of the video but if you watch it on a device that you can read annotations I have made corrections through out as reader comments and higher learning have progressed.

Things to watch for;
Trim clips, once you find them are easily dealt with.

The grab rail COVER has two very delicate 1/8 inch tabs, see video. I broke one but the cover needs neither so I don't know why they put those. They seem more like packing material :lol:

Mind the nuts on the battery terminal connections after you disconnect.

Remove the luggage box at your first opportunity as the video shows. Sometimes you have to go to the next session to learn more about the previous session. <--- this is a short cut in the video.

Secure the two bolts on the back of the battery box after removing the taps so you can put it back easily.

CHECK THE CLEARANCE BEFORE YOU LOOSEN THE TAPPETS!
There is a very, very good chance your valve clearance is tight and will wear in over time. If I were Honda this is how I would roll them off the line as it was how mine was set.

thank you for watching :D

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... oyVAcpcIwl
springer1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by springer1 »

trim clips can be removed and reused every time if you push the pin in the center of the tap then pull them out.

Thanks for this as well as the other tips - very much appreciated !