Plastic body panels? where from? thugs smashed them :-(

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

stevengeorgebooth
Year: 2015
Color: grey

Plastic body panels? where from? thugs smashed them :-(

Post by stevengeorgebooth »

:cry: yesterday at just after lunch 3 thugs came up to my house (open street) and twisted handlebars snapping steering lock (obviously pointless i've now found out) and walked off with my bike!

In broad daylight, on a open new build development! I was out there 5 mins before they took it, neighbour saw them take it but 'thought i'd arranged it as they didn't look suspicious'.... thanks

Anyhooo, they took it away, smashed apart the front and cut wires.

Went out and found it, 30 mins after they stole it and the poor thing was lying on her side, lights on, with her face smashed in :-(

Excess is £500 + increase premium, i'm going to try and price up fixing it myself. Where do you guys get plastics from? i need one side fairing and everything from the headlights up.....

its a 2015 PCX (without hump). can find fairings for the earlier model but not mine.

Yes i should've locked it with my chain, but i only popped in for lunch and it's a 'nice' development.....
Attachments
pic 2..png
pic 2..png (334.88 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
pic 1..png
pic 1..png (394.92 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
Ishkabibble
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: Black

Re: Plastic body panels? where from? thugs smashed them :-(

Post by Ishkabibble »

Damn....

I absolutely hate people who don't respect the property of others. I surely hope you contacted the local police to report it and so they can investigate, interview the witness, find the perpetrators and arrest them. If the police can find them, here's hoping you can sue them in court and force them to pay for the damage they caused.

You might have some luck finding your replacement parts here:

http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/5-honda-pc ... lic_nha35m
I found something to put here.
Add yourself to the PCX-Forza Owner's Map!
Go here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ULV6Ib-uKsjMpWaPzPwAXmfB7vU&usp=sharing
For instructions how to add yourself go here: http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6437#p88888

Be sure to add your Model, year, color, and name if your scoot has one!
raito
Regular User
Regular User
Color: matte silver

Post by raito »

That is very sad.. I would be devastated! What do I do now..?

So, what did they take?
ImageImageImage
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Unfortunately I am across the ocean from you. I know of websites over here. Maybe they ship internationally.
You can try bikebandit.com....Their site says that they ship internationally, so it might be worthwhile to check them out.
http://www.bikebandit.com/oem-parts/201 ... #sch909759

There is also Partzilla. They ship worldwide too.
http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/H ... parts.html
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Post by Oyabun »

Ishkabibble wrote:Damn....

I absolutely hate people who don't respect the property of others. I surely hope you contacted the local police to report it and so they can investigate, interview the witness, find the perpetrators and arrest them. If the police can find them, here's hoping you can sue them in court and force them to pay for the damage they caused.

You might have some luck finding your replacement parts here:

http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/5-honda-pc ... lic_nha35m
Very sad to see the damage done to your precious bike. When you order parts from powerbypcx or other asia-pacific vendors please make sure you doublecheck the color codes of your bike and what is offered - as color choices are different on different continents. E.g. my bike is pearl siena red R320p while at powerbypcx one can find candy rosy red what is r340c.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

In the daylight, bold and fearless. Um I wonder why criminals have such freedom to do as they please when it comes to private property if they know there is no police around. I don't even have to ask where you live because I already know by the criminals carefree actions. But just the same if you put your location in your profile people can help you get parts.
DailyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2017
Color: Dark blue

Post by DailyRider »

Oh I'm so sorry. :(

I had similar problems with my last scooter.
If the handlebars wiggle much without moving the front wheel,
there's internal damage along the steering column.
marc1973
Year: 2019 125cc

Post by marc1973 »

Mate that is shocking i feel for you i have a original windscreen spare if your in the uk
stevengeorgebooth

cheers all, so a quick look around shows plastics coming in at £250+, Ignition mechanism £55, Steering column bit... no idea. Not really fussed with fixing steering lock bit as its obviously ineffective but should i sell at some point it would be best to have it fit. Still shopping but for ease and speed may have to take the insurance hit: don't have any no claims, i lost 6 years worth by having a 2 year non-riding gap.
Anyone know if having a claim on a bike affects car insurance premium?

Thanks mark1973, the windscreen is the only plastic that survived. I'll take the rest of your fairings though if you don't need them :-P
stevengeorgebooth

UK based by the way - profile updated...
marc1973
Year: 2019 125cc

Post by marc1973 »

Sorry mate its only the windscreen i could help to offer
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I don't understand why you guys have insurance on these things.. If you put in a claim they make you pay for the damage anyway via an increase. I just carry liability and get the cheapest at that. I have alternative health insurance and will fix any damages with my own resources..Hell you pay for it anyway when they raise your rates.. I take the gamble, but then again I am not a fulltime rider .
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

stevengeorgebooth wrote:cheers all, so a quick look around shows plastics coming in at £250+, Ignition mechanism £55, Steering column bit... no idea. Not really fussed with fixing steering lock bit as its obviously ineffective but should i sell at some point it would be best to have it fit. Still shopping but for ease and speed may have to take the insurance hit: don't have any no claims, i lost 6 years worth by having a 2 year non-riding gap.
Anyone know if having a claim on a bike affects car insurance premium?

Thanks mark1973, the windscreen is the only plastic that survived. I'll take the rest of your fairings though if you don't need them :-P

Re the car thing. You have to mention any claims and convictions on renewal of an insurance policy. It should only affect your premium if any part of the claim was your fault.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

easyrider wrote:I don't understand why you guys have insurance on these things.. If you put in a claim they make you pay for the damage anyway via an increase.
We are obliged by law to have insurance so the insurer is in the driving seat.

Large excesses should be avoided, the excess is tha amount of any claim the insurer will not pay.
e.g. excess £500 damage cost £2000 insurer pays £1500
excess £500 damage £250 insurer pays feck all
Excesses come in two parts, compulsory and voluntary.
Voluntary means you can elect to have a higher excess in return for a (very) slightly lower premium.

There is a way to make the insurer pay out every time, its called protected no claims.
Each year you don't make a claim you get a no claim discount.
Once you have four (or is it five?) years worth you can protect it.
This means you pay a small fee to guarantee you will not lose your no claims discount in the event of a claim.

In the circumstances described above, I would not even report it to the insurer and pay for the repair myself, that way there is no claim on file and your ongoing insurance costs for bike and car remain unaffected.
This could prove the cheaper option in the long run.
Also the scooter will not be listed as a damaged repaired vehicle which would reduce its value significantly.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Sorry to hear of your loss Steven. What a shame.

It puzzles me how a neighbour in a 'nice' development would have been led to think someone using enough force to break the steering lock, was just doing what was 'arranged'. Sounds like some (many) of the security guards in Thailand, especially the ones at entrances to malls who hardly look into bags, if at all, while the scanner you walk through at the entrance is beeping constantly. o_O
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

There would have been blood if someone did that to my bike.
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:There would have been blood if someone did that to my bike.

Stress nosebleed?
ScooteringAbout
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by ScooteringAbout »

you you wrote:

Stress nosebleed?
Depends if I could trap them, and make them listen to Disneys Frozen for six weeks straight... thanks for the idea tbh... :D
aka DrewJW
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

DrewJW wrote:
you you wrote:

Stress nosebleed?
Depends if I could trap them, and make them listen to Disneys Frozen for six weeks straight... thanks for the idea tbh... :D
That's inhumane :D

I've got the "let it go"song on the phone and play it to my wife when she gets obsessed and bangs on about things.
flyingzonker
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: Red

Post by flyingzonker »

Really sad. My guess is: Teenage vandals. The real question now is not how to fix it--you will manage that--but how to set things up so it doesn't happen again. If it were mine, I would use a disk lock--maybe one of those that make a whirring sound when the bike is tampered with in any way. I confess, I had a disk lock of this type, but the alarm was pretty cheesy when it worked and it didn't work every time and very early on it stopped working altogether. I still use the lock--the alarm is not the essential part, the fact that it stops the bike from being wheeled away is what matters.
In addition to a disk lock, get a hardened chain and chain up the back wheel to the swing arm. At night, if you have no private garage, chain the bike to a cemented hasp.
(One note re disk lock--I always park with the nose of the bike flush u p against a parking curb or a wall or a building before I put the disk lock on the wheel. That way, if I should forget to take the lock off, I am reminded it's still on by the way the bike jerks to a stop when I start to back it away from the wall or curb. When I can't find a building or a curb to park against, I absolutely DON"T use the lock. It is just too easy to forget it is there, fire up the engine, twist the throttle. and instantly wreck your disk. Ask me how I know this.

In short--make it hard for the bastards to hurt you.