Cheap front stand; What're you using?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013 PCX150
Color: Red

Re: Cheap front stand; What're you using?

Post by Smaug »

homie wrote:WN that little motorbike scissor jack is all we need. The price is the same as harbor freights large one with wheels when it goes on sale. But if you don't have the space nor care to roll the PCX around on it... perfect find!
I thought about that, but they're too damn big. My floor jack goes in its molded plastic case, and hides away on a shelf until it's needed 6 months later. you you is on the money about the front axle stand. That's all that's needed. We've already got a perfectly good center stand with rear wheel bias.

I wish we had pigeons here. I'm quite the air rifle enthusiast, and am all too happy to 'control' the invasive species' and pests. Just today, I smoked a squirrel that was looking the wrong way at the bird feeders. Turned out to be a nursing female, which was a bit sad, but that means 6 less little buggers in the fall, tearing the feeders open and chewing into my attic. I learned my lesson, from letting them go.
-Jeremy
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Squirrel, my shepherd takes care of those rodents. I once posted a video of the carnage but took too much heat on youtube to keep it up. Mel likes to run over them with his PCX. Do you long time members recall my dog vs the squirrel video?

PS I recently sold an .22 Airforce Talon with a scuba lung and extra tank cartridge. No one else will know what rifle this is but you will Jeremy 8) It was the weapon of choice for pests stalking my pigeons. I won't ever admit the birds of prey that I've dropped for sitting on my coop in the morning waiting for an easy meal. I don't have pigeons these days but the mighty hunters of the sky still fly over to check on me... not a rabbit around here for miles because I upset the balance of nature with hobby pigeons. Nature has a way of winning back any deviation of the norm concerning her designs. All must die that don't belong, it's a bloody hobby and i miss it!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:Squirrel, my shepherd takes care of those rodents. I once posted a video of the carnage but took too much heat on youtube to keep it up. Mel likes to run over them with his PCX. Do you long time members recall my dog vs the squirrel video?

PS I recently sold an .22 Airforce Talon with a scuba lung and extra tank cartridge. No one else will know what rifle this is but you will Jeremy 8) It was the weapon of choice for pests stalking my pigeons. I won't ever admit the birds of prey that I've dropped for sitting on my coop in the morning waiting for an easy meal. I don't have pigeons these days but the mighty hunters of the sky still fly over to check on me... not a rabbit around here for miles because I upset the balance of nature with hobby pigeons. Nature has a way of winning back any deviation of the norm concerning her designs. All must die that don't belong, it's a bloody hobby and i miss it!

Had guns since I was 8. I never shoot animals or birds as in my mind it's rank cowardice. If you want to hunt to after a bear go with it with a knife. All this balance of nature stuff is bullshit as you shouldn't be there. Killing birds of prey and the complaining about the prey?

Man up you silly boys with your BB guns.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

You see how things have changed. It's reflective in the modern man we see today. So modern is he that the women don't recognized them to be the hunter gatherers they were created to mate and now the female has become the hunter gatherer. So we get what we have here today, which is the way he wants it, so he gets it. Only midwestern USA farm raised males of a time gone by still yearn for the good life.

City folks just don't get it

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Bring back the '60s. :lol:

The city types. . .stiffs. . .begin to awaken. . .and all is well with the world. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXQeVqLMr9Q :lol:
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Obviously, I'm not the only old fart around here. :D :D :D
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Smaug »

It's an attached garage. I do have mouse issues. They like to come to the garage to try to get bird seed. I trap them.

I had an issue last year with raccoons making a gone under my deck. Skunks too, after the raccoons had left. You wouldn't believe the amount of garbage they brought under the deck. Tore up the bird feeders many times too.

This year, I caught them one night and lit them up with my Brocock Compatto. They aren't in season, so I couldn't eat them. Had to throw them out. I left two out for the foxes, but they weren't interested. (Or aren't in theneighborhood any more)

This fall and winter, it'll be squirrel season again; my freezer is almost out of stock, only two left from last season. Don't worry homie, there are still Hunter/gatherers among us. We just have to keep quiet, because we're out numbered by the sheeple these days...
-Jeremy
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Smaug wrote:It's an attached garage. I do have mouse issues. They like to come to the garage to try to get bird seed. I trap them.

I had an issue last year with raccoons making a gone under my deck. Skunks too, after the raccoons had left. You wouldn't believe the amount of garbage they brought under the deck. Tore up the bird feeders many times too.

This year, I caught them one night and lit them up with my Brocock Compatto. They aren't in season, so I couldn't eat them. Had to throw them out. I left two out for the foxes, but they weren't interested. (Or aren't in theneighborhood any more)

This fall and winter, it'll be squirrel season again; my freezer is almost out of stock, only two left from last season. Don't worry homie, there are still Hunter/gatherers among us. We just have to keep quiet, because we're out numbered by the sheeple these days...

You're not hunter gatherers you're plinking whats in the garden. Don't flatter youselves too much you big butch men you :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Smaug wrote: We just have to keep quiet, because we're out numbered by the sheeple these days...
Hey funny stuff in Illinois. My neighbor traps small game and he's a real mountain man throwback. So he goes about his business cooking squirrel, fishing, big iron kettle in the back yard boiling over every summer night. Taught me how to cure traps and prep a rabbit, I just love the guy. So last summer he put a pig in the ground and someone spied him and called the police. OMG I thought the swat team was going to take him out LOL. They had cops running around in the bush, two fire trucks on the lawn, hoses out filling the pit. It was hilarious! Poor Emmett standing there with his trapper permit and all these pansies acting like they finally capture bigfoot. I've got to get back to the the real people someday. Granted there is tons of money you can make close to this city but these folks are helpless if the shelves emptied over night.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I can smell the testosterone, or something.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017

Post by PCX150Rider »

Hey funny stuff in Illinois. My neighbor traps small game and he's a real mountain man throwback. So he goes about his business cooking squirrel, fishing, big iron kettle in the back yard boiling over every summer night. Taught me how to cure traps and prep a rabbit, I just love the guy. So last summer he put a pig in the ground and someone spied him and called the police. OMG I thought the swat team was going to take him out LOL. They had cops running around in the bush, two fire trucks on the lawn, hoses out filling the pit. It was hilarious! Poor Emmett standing there with his trapper permit and all these pansies acting like they finally capture bigfoot. I've got to get back to the the real people someday. Granted there is tons of money you can make close to this city but these folks are helpless if the shelves emptied over night.
Another Eagles Fan. . .what gives with these people?
DCP_1064a.jpg
DCP_1064a.jpg (365.64 KiB) Viewed 852 times
Smaug
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Smaug »

I think you you is a city slicker, what do you think, homie? :-)
-Jeremy
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

you you wrote:I can smell the testosterone, or something.
Its not the testosterone you're smelling, its usually the lack of it that compels big game hunters.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

I've seen different variations on websites of this type of stand (Click link)
Can I get some opinions? I'm real curious. This one's a 300lb capacity "dirt bike" stand.
Is this crazy or usable for PCX. How's that lifting mechanism, would it be back breaker to work it? Would you Trust your scoot on it? Note the lifts surface dimensions. Proper size?
We know our PCX have tupperware bellies, will she crack?

http://www.discountramps.com/dirtbike-s ... X-STAND-2/
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

JUST A SIMPLE AXLE STAND WILL DO!!!!!!!!!!'

:roll:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

WOT?? :lol:
You're Shout-inggg. Just one axle stand? Placed where? And with/or/without a board placed atop it? Show me 2yous. Visual please and placement. Teach us oh wise one ;)
(By the by, I was just looking at Axle Stands @ yer fav shop n stop Harborfreight :lol: :lol: yeah, I saw that post! ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'm not going to rise to this :D :D
forza300
Regular User
Regular User

Post by forza300 »

Another option maybe...

I used to just tie a rope to the garage roof-beam and bike headstock (bit hard on a scooter but the bars on PCX may be ok as it's not a heavy bike) and use a piece of timber as a tourniquet to take the weight off the front. The timber would be tied-off back to the bike to hold it.

This would enable the wheel to be removed easily (after respective nuts/spindles and brake discs are loosened while the tyre is on the ground)

Just beware of pushing off the centre stand as noted by another poster.

Nowadays it seems a whole lot simpler to take it to a dealer and let them do the hard work while I drink coffee and look at the bikes in the showroom :)
------------------------
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:WOT?? :lol:
You're Shout-inggg. Just one axle stand? Placed where? And with/or/without a board placed atop it? Show me 2yous. Visual please and placement. Teach us oh wise one ;)
(By the by, I was just looking at Axle Stands @ yer fav shop n stop Harborfreight :lol: :lol: yeah, I saw that post! ;)

For the love of God and all that's holy. Put the front axle back in after you have removed the wheel. Place the axle stand under this.

That's it. Nothing else. Axle stand goes under the axle.

I haven't made that too complicated?
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

Winch 2 23-07-17.jpg
Winch 2 23-07-17.jpg (170.82 KiB) Viewed 788 times
The answer to your prayers :) :)

The winch was originally for my kayak, but my arthritic body said no more lifting it on and off the car.

I also have an ATV lift that has been used previously before the kayak went.