Shuddering and or Squealing Clutches...

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Shuddering and or Squealing Clutches...

Post by homie »

alx123 wrote: anything else i missed?
Oh btw, the shuddering at cold starts was gone a few days ago even though I didn't do anything..
It sure is easier to get inside the CVT when you don't have to remove the lower left plastics :D
If you are at 7500 miles I assume someone did your 5000 mile check already? If not you certainly need to look at the radiator fluid level as it will be low. From the playlist below you can do all the things that need tyo be checked if you have never taken it in for service. This will bring you up to proper schedule per the service manual. Excuse the lame technical video, i don't excel in video editing and I have no plans to learn :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... wokgYeAxFP

My shudder has not returned yet either and I have ridden many miles since the last clean out. I would say I had the worse case of contamination you can get with grease all over the clutch shoes. The sanding and heating process would seem to have recovered the pads nicely and saved me from installing new ones.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Thanks for the video link.

5000 miles brought it to Honda, as usual change oil in and out in 5 minutes. Will never go back there again..

I don't find the need to remove the plastic cover, my small Asian hands can easily access the bolt in there.

Your videos are very helpful..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider wrote:Very fast turnaround on that project. Duly noted. Hope I can find this thread if it happens to me further down the line. :geek:
Click the "Bookmark Topic" button (top left) ;)
I do that often. I've printed and saved in binder too. Yes, :roll: anal

I shall commence my bookmarking now! Thank you sir homie
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

alx123 wrote:Thanks for the video link.
5000 miles brought it to Honda, as usual change oil in and out in 5 minutes. Will never go back there again..
I don't find the need to remove the plastic cover, my small Asian hands can easily access the bolt in there.
Your videos are very helpful..
Thanks! I too have my reservations about how the US dealerships handle regular service intervals, but only from other people's experience posted in here. I've always performed service directly from the SM myself. You have shown yourself to be willing and capable, I suspect you will do the same but I know service manuals are difficult to get especially for folks outside the USA. Lately even for us as availability has zeroed out. It's good to be a member of the forum :D

PS; do have a look at your radiator fluid level in case they blew it off. I was below the mark at 5K and needed to top off.
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Post by alx123 »

Thanks for the reminder. I regularly check my brake fluid level and coolant, maybe every two weeks.

Re honda service: It's more because of the culture here too. I once requested a mechanic to clean my oil screener during the oil change, I receive the usual Thai response "mai pen rai" which means never mind or don't bother doing it, it's fine. :roll:

So yeah, the forum is very helpful.
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...