"Chirp" from 2014 PCX when accelerating hard from a stop

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: "Chirp" from 2014 PCX when accelerating hard from a stop

Post by homie »

TheMaverick wrote:once I get the cover off mine I'm sure the gaps in my working knowledge will get filled in pretty quick.
I find the CVT very interesting and the scooter is a perfect application to see and understand one. Such simplicity and beauty in motion this amazing transmission has found its way into some of the most expensive automobiles. What really begins to bake your noodle is the massive and complex automatic transmissions that pre-dated the CVT invention like the hydraulic transmission was replaced by CVT's and not one dime of that savings transferred to the sticker price of the vehicle. Better, smoother, faster and more reliable for less cost to produce.
THEY SCAMMED US GOOD :lol:

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:
TheMaverick wrote:once I get the cover off mine I'm sure the gaps in my working knowledge will get filled in pretty quick.
I find the CVT very interesting and the scooter is a perfect application to see and understand one. Such simplicity and beauty in motion this amazing transmission has found its way into some of the most expensive automobiles. What really begins to bake your noodle is the massive and complex automatic transmissions that pre-dated the CVT invention like the hydraulic transmission was replaced by CVT's and not one dime of that savings transferred to the sticker price of the vehicle. Better, smoother, faster and more reliable for less cost to produce.

I love looking at clips like these. Some of them fry my brain, especially the different differential ones.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:

Thanks for that - it was really good to get a visual on it.

My parts should be here in a few days (weather delay according to the tracking at the moment) - although now that they parts are almost here ... I haven't heard the "chirp" for a while. I'm going to pickup a 1/4" ratchet so I can get the cover off without a major disassembly - then I'll be able to see what condition the belt is in.

While I think of it, should I change the radiator fluid or brake fluid at any stage? Radiator fluid reservoir is still 100% fine - I do have a small issue with the front brake though - the lever isn't as smooth as it should be; I got the dealer to look at it - he deduced that the calipers were fine and thought that the problem was at the reservoir end ... he did something to release the caliper at the front which immediately filled the reservoir right up - and after a few pumps of the brake the level went down and the brake was smooth again (so he deduced a bit of contamination). Unfortunately it came back and he recommended a brake line flush and fluid replace which he said should be done every couple of years anyway - any thoughts on that (I'd a little sceptical of any advice from them that involved spending money as experience with them has taught me that they tend to "err" on the side that makes them the most money).