2017 PCX 150 ignition issues.

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mladyraven1
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

2017 PCX 150 ignition issues.

Post by mladyraven1 »

I had two keys that came with the bike. One of the keys stopped working it barely goes into the barrel and then will not turn. So far the other key is working, however, it was the key that had the little plate with the parts number.
I did not know that while I was riding part of the key chain fell off so my house keys and the plate are gone.

What are my options? Do I have to go to a dealer to get the key made? Do I need to replace the ignition and get new keys? I have looked everywhere online and cannot find the the part for any bike over 2015. It is going to cost a fortune to get it serviced by the shop I bought it from.
I am a senior, this is my second bike. I am not that knowledgeable about fixing bikes or finding the parts like I was with my old car.
The bike is my only transportation.
Thanks for your help. :oops:
Oyabun
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: `12,`15,`19
Color: black&black

Re: 2017 PCX 150 ignition issues.

Post by Oyabun »

Somebody has posted earlier ro share how ro nake a shutter key (the thing on the on the black plastoc part of the key, opening the key shutter
Then you can get a master locksmith to copy a key for you on a blank (blank key pn:35121-K35-V00).
Worst case the whole ignition switch with new leys costs some 30-ish USD. The sad news, that practically almost all body panels have to be removed in order to change the ignition switch.
But I think you can be good with a new key cur ro you.
Also check your key what is not opearting the ignition. There is a chance that it might be only bent or slightly twisted so it could be repaired. Generally it is bad practice to keep all your keys on the bike keychain as during the ride they can damage or distort the ignition key.
NADman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Re: 2017 PCX 150 ignition issues.

Post by NADman »

I'm waiting for this to arrive from 'across the pond'. It's for my 2013.
Not sure if the '17 is the same idea. (rare earth magnets)
Will post pic's and procedure??? when it arrives.
Attachments
key.JPG
key.JPG (29.72 KiB) Viewed 492 times
He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. -Winston S. Churchill.