Can the seat be replaced or lowered on a PCX 150 2017

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mladyraven1
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Can the seat be replaced or lowered on a PCX 150 2017

Post by mladyraven1 »

The seat is too high for me. We though higher boots would help but they did not. I have laid the bike down and scratched up 3 panels and broke the mirror. I called to see about a trade in , however, I am going to lose too much money. I bought the extended warranty, the theft insurance and a bigger windshield. I have 280 miles on it. I cannot trade it in for 1,900. I can get it fixed through my insurance but that won't change the trade in value according to Fun City Bike where I bought mine. I had a Yamaha Vino 125 and it was perfect, however, my daughter totaled it.
So, 1. Anyone know if I can buy a new seat, or have my seat lowered. I am hoping that helps.
2. I bought the mirror it is the mirror that is right above the throttle on the right side ( that is the side it fell to.

I tried to find a video on Youtube to see how to replace the mirror, however, I have not found one yet for my bike.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Raven
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Can the seat be replaced or lowered on a PCX 150 2017

Post by homie »

Raven, welcome to the forums. I'm guessing that you are well below 5 feet tall. Ah the PCX must seem like a Harley to you. Yes, you can buy aftermarket seats but I doubt any are going to be lower in profile. Sorry to hear you toppled over but you wouldn't be the first to dump a new PCX with less than 500 miles on it. The taller shoes always seemed an awkward solution so I'm not surprised. The mirror should be pretty straight forward to replace but maybe a picture would help show why you don't see the obvious. You are aware that the rubber boot slips up to expose a hex nut at the base of the mirror?

By the way, please put your location in your profile to help us help you better. Not sure which part of the world you are in or if you will understand certain phases and expression from me.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

This comes in handy when shopping bikes. I noticed that the feet leave the ground completely at 4' 7" on PCX. I don't think you could safely operate most America cars either. But I would buy you a kit or something if you were my woman because there is a midget on my block that drives a dodge ram... somehow ;)

http://cycle-ergo.com/
GeezyRider
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by GeezyRider »

I'm not sure much can be done to lower the seat but I think one of the forum members (it may have been Mel46) lowered a PCX for his wife by swapping out the rear shocks.
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by eggman »

wow in never knew anyone was sh0rterr then me lol
eggman
Regular User
Regular User
Color: black

Post by eggman »

mladyraven1

Post by mladyraven1 »

GeezyRider wrote:I'm not sure much can be done to lower the seat but I think one of the forum members (it may have been Mel46) lowered a PCX for his wife by swapping out the rear shocks.
Hoping someone see's this :) and has a way to lower it about one inch that's all I need.
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

mladyraven1 wrote:
GeezyRider wrote:I'm not sure much can be done to lower the seat but I think one of the forum members (it may have been Mel46) lowered a PCX for his wife by swapping out the rear shocks.
Hoping someone see's this :) and has a way to lower it about one inch that's all I need.
A suspension adjustment is all I can think of (or "platform" shoes).

Are you trying to "flat foot" it? (I point my feet down and only ever use my toes to balance the bike when stopped).
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

The PCX does sit higher than many other scooters. However, there are solutions for most riders except for those who are shorter than 5 ft. (Sorry, but if you are shorter than that you might have problems even with these suggestion.)
My wife is 5 ft. exactly, so she was on her toes when stopping. That is not safe. This is what I did:
1. I looked at and ordered a lower seat on powerbypcx.com
http://www.powerbypcx.com/en/accessorie ... -2016.html
2. I ordered Takegawa Lowering shocks. Hers have red ones. Mine have chrome.
https://www.cmsnl.com/products/rear-sho ... cfKGsYpDxA
3. I ordered tall boots for her. These may not work for everyone, but she needed several more inches after lowering the bike, so this was the quickest and least expensive solution for us.
https://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Womens-R ... aser+boots

I won't say that thelse are the only solution, but they worked for us, and my wife was able to ride with confidence. Keep in mind that it does take time to get use to the boots, so walk around in them and get use to them before riding. You don't want to accidently twist your ankle when coming to a stop.
I hope these suggestions help.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
mladyraven1

Post by mladyraven1 »

Thanks, everyone for your thoughts and answers. My mechanic said the bike could not be lowered. I mentioned what Mel46 did, however, I cannot find anyone around me who can or wants to do it. :(

I am 5'1 3/4 inches. Thanks for the tall boot link when I need new boots I will check it out.

I have been sick and was unable to ride for 6 months. I am hoping to start riding again next week once I get another problem solved.
It still feels too high for me. At lights I was on my toes, however, now I lower one leg to the ground and keep the bike bent a bit at lights. Not sure if this is safe but it seems to help!
Again , thanks! :D
JohnL
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red

Post by JohnL »

I'm a short**s and simply put one foot down at the lights, it's no biggie as long as you don't tilt the bike too far, or pull up on a hump and put your foot in the valley. Hope that makes sense.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Raven,
There must be SOMEONE who is willing to install Lowering Shocks! What kind of clowns do you bring your bike to? I am not trying to badmouth anyone but changing Shocks is something any bike mechanic should be able to do. I converted my bike in my basement, and I am not a certified motorcycle mechanic.

Hmmm...well then I can only suggest changing boots. Those do not require much effort. They will add 3 inches to your height.

By the way, would you mind going into your profile and adding at least your general location. For instance, if you are in the UK, they may be enough, or you could include your area. If you are in the United States, just add your state. Simple, but it helps us help you. Thanks.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

Seat number 7 from Bikerzbitz uses a non standard seat pan, and is lower at the front. Glen has a comparo pic of before (stock) and after (seat 7). You can see it for yourself on his build thread. You lose a bit of luggage space because of the lower base.
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4640
its on page 2...look at the front of the seat, it's clearly lower, I also got the same seat for mine and its about 2" lower I'd say
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113