Can I get a smaller seat or what are my options?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

mladyraven1
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Can I get a smaller seat or what are my options?

Post by mladyraven1 »

I have been riding around 14 months. In November my daughter ran over my Yamaha Vino 125 and totaled it. 3 weeks later I got a pay out from my insurance , took a loan and bought a 2017 PCX 150 Blue with a bigger windshield and the 5 year extended warranty and the 4 year theft package.
My bike has 299 miles. I have "dropped " the bike twice now. I could not ride for 7 weeks because I tore a ligament in my right wrist. I took a ride to the store a few days ago and the bike dropped again. A few people came out and they were Harley bikers. They looked at me on the bike and said your seat is too high. I am 5'2" I could put my feet flat with my Vino I cannot with the PCX at lights I am still a bit on tip toes. I am a older rider. I loved my Vino, however, it took me an hour to go 20 min to get to my daughters house. Now, I don't know what to do I am upside down on the loan, the KKB is only 1,900 to trade in the bike. 2,900 to sell it privately. However, the owner of one of the shops said I am going to have trouble selling it because I do not have the title the bank does. So, I could use some advice please. 1. Can the seat be shaved and lowered the bike PCX is 250 pounds more than my Vino was and the turning radius is tight. 2. Is there a way to sell it privately? I can't lose all of that money by selling it to a dealer for 1,900. Thank you in advance for your assistance. Trouble writing my right wrist was the one that was hurt and it is in a removable cast. :) :o
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Can I get a smaller seat or what are my options?

Post by easyrider »

Not true ..you can sell your bike privately especially if your bank is local. Just go finish the transaction and transfer at the bank . You can contact your loan institution and talk to them about it and possibly using a draft method or they can tell you how to go about it.Shaving down or modifying the seat may be difficult however you can take out some padding or look at some different seats from Thailand . You might look at wearing different shoes with elevated platform soles and higher heels . But I think this bike may be a bit overwhelming for you especially when you say you are older and the weight is excessive for you.Perhaps selling might be your best option and getting a smaller lighter bike will be safest for you.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Easyrider has a point. The bike may just be too much for you. But if you want to keep it and try to manage it, here are some pointers.

My wife is 5 ft tall. This is what we did to make to so that she could ride it.
1. I purchased some boots with elevated soles and heels. (Three inches higher)
2. I purchased a lower seat from Thailand. (http://Www.powerbypcx.com). (One to two inches lower)
3. I purchased Takegawa Lowering Shocks online for her bike. (One to two inches lower)
4. I took the time to take her to an empty parking lot and worked with her until she felt comfortable riding it. Practice helps a lot. This is a bigger bike, but it is manageable with enough patience and practice.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by DanFromVegas »

You can also talk to a local upholstery shop. They can reshape and recover your existing seat. If you find the PCX is still too big for you I would suggest the Genuine Buddy. The same size scooter comes in a 50, 125, 150 and 170, depending on the year. I loved mine and was looking to get another when this PCX showed up at a price I couldn't resist. Smaller than a PCX and faster :)
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

problem solved
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (2.66 KiB) Viewed 793 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Here you go...these are what my wife bought, and they work out quite well as part of her riding gear.
https://www.amazon.com/Pleaser-Womens-R ... %3APleaser
Don't laugh too much. She has spent 3 or 4 years riding with them now, and has not dropped the bike due to them.

.... Or there are these, which also work quite well.
https://www.amazon.com/Demonia-Womens-A ... oding=UTF8
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers