WirusWin hyper valve

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

eyphar
Year: 2015
Color: black

WirusWin hyper valve

Post by eyphar »

Hi everyone

i'm new to this forum and this is my first topic

May I know if any PCX rider here install Wiruswin Hyper Valve?

I just bought one but my bike shop say if i want to install it, i will need to do some cutting on current pipe which he doesn't recommend

so i hope if any rider here have it install on their PCX and how to install this item

sorry to cause any inconvenience, and thank you guys for your time and advise
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: WirusWin hyper valve

Post by chicaboo »

Hi there, welcome and stuff, enjoy your stay. (is that better, Homie? :P)

Yes, I have installed one on my PCX150, and PCXdemon might still have one on his PCX125?

So, I'm going to be very blunt - your bike shop isn't very good... :roll: Heck, you can vent to a baby pod filter...
There is no cutting involved, but I rerouted some things. I removed the bracket that used to support the hose.
Look at the attached photos of my test install with a 31mm TB upgrade for an idea of one way to install it.
My final install was pretty much the same, except I had a zip tie to prevent the hose chafing on the chassis (top right).

As for the valve's usefulness? Hmm, I could not perceive any difference. But Yuminashi recommenced it for my BBK install.
PCXdemon suspected his valve might have been allowing some oil to go into his airbox. But I've not seen any such problem.
Ignore my red pod filter, it is temporary until I get around to making a big intake tube mod work with my stock airbox... :oops:

Have a good one, Gav.
Attachments
Wiruswin Hyper Valve test fit.jpg
Wiruswin Hyper Valve test fit.jpg (212.98 KiB) Viewed 593 times
Wiruswin Hyper Valve installed.jpg
Wiruswin Hyper Valve installed.jpg (249.55 KiB) Viewed 593 times
eyphar
Year: 2015
Color: black

Post by eyphar »

Hi chicaboo

A big thanks to you that helps alot !!

thank you very much !
k2apache6.0
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by k2apache6.0 »

I too had wondered about the hyper valve, (what exactly made it 'hyper?) and would my PCX go into warp drive after fitting it. Uneasy after visualizing the unintended wheelies away from stop lights and drifting through curves, I sheepishly backed off of the idea and decided on a regular commute rather than a hyper induced one.
My PCX mod build here..
http://www.hondapcx.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7113