Engine Problem

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Fatal0007
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Engine Problem

Post by Fatal0007 »

Since the beginning of the year my engine cuts out every time I come to a complete stop. It starts up right away as long as I accelerate when I start and only cuts out again if I let go of the throttle. I bought the bike brand new In July and it started having this problem around 9000 miles. I've had it checked multiple times from a scooter repair shop that I regulatory go and they've called Honda every time and neither one know whats wrong with it.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: Engine Problem

Post by easyrider »

Cmon man, that's an easy fix, and Honda cant figure it out.??? What do you mean they cant figure it out.. What parts did they change or diagnosis was postulated. They must have said something or tried something .
MayHem
Year: 2012
Color: Red

Post by MayHem »

Maybe turn the start stop feature off, located on the right side of handlebar haha. Is this a joke?
2012 PCX150 - Red Sold
2015 PCX150 - White
2015 PCX150 - Red
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

MayHem wrote:Maybe turn the start stop feature off, located on the right side of handlebar haha. Is this a joke?
Fatal0007 wrote:Since the beginning of the year my engine cuts out every time I come to a complete stop. It starts up right away as long as I accelerate when I start and only cuts out again if I let go of the throttle. I bought the bike brand new In July and it started having this problem around 9000 miles. I've had it checked multiple times from a scooter repair shop that I regulatory go and they've called Honda every time and neither one know whats wrong with it.
But that would depend on where you are from as this is not a feature on North American PCX's. It helps us to help you better if you include your location as a part of your profile. You can access your profile settings through the 'User Control Panel' at the top left of the web page.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
AustinPCX
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by AustinPCX »

My Forza did the exact same thing right after I changed the spark plug. Adjusted the gap closer to the lower tolerance of .80mm and problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

Slip in an Iridium spark plug , see if that helps. $8, nothing to lose.
Fish