PCX wont start after weeks of non use - then perhaps . . .

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

PCX wont start after weeks of non use - then perhaps . . .

Post by iceman »

I noticed that my PCX, which has run perfectly for just over 2 years now and normally starts 1st time even when below zero, does not start 1st time if I leave if for best part of 3 weeks (abroad on holiday and bike parked at work so adds some extra days around weekends). Symptons are it turns over but will not start. For me the thing that works is to follow the flooded procedure and then give it a bit more gas than 'tick over' and it starts and then works fine every day after (but would not start if I tried the normal press brake hard and press starter button - I've tried that six-eight times and given up as it would not start). A little tricky giving it more gas with the starter pressed but only takes a second.

Twice now after weeks of non use (in May/June) I thought mine was not going to start, but the flooded procedure and slight extra throttle for a second or two got it started. I wonder if those that suffer with non-starting PCX's after periods of non use suffer the same problem listed above. Perhaps there are loads of old dying batteries, perhaps the above may help some people.