PCX 160 ABS works at what speed?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Foek
Year: 2022
Color: red

PCX 160 ABS works at what speed?

Post by Foek »

Hi all , just bought a PCX 160 ABS second hand. I had Honda Mechanic check the bike and asked for the ABS which in my op[inion was not working. When picked up the bike after service it still not worked , so when i asked about it the mechanic said it works when drive 60km which is a bit odd and dangerous.
Anyone can tell me at what speed your ABS kicks in?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Foek
airhead83
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Re: PCX 160 ABS works at what speed?

Post by airhead83 »

From what I've read, between 15-18 MPH. But an ABS system depends more on the road surface-to-tire conditions than the speed of the bike. Here's a helpful video that does a nice job explaining how the bike's ABS works.
https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/how- ... o-for-you/
Conelite
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2017
Color: Blue

Post by Conelite »

I dont believe any ABS system is speed dependant. It's usually activated when the front wheel is spinning slower (slipping) than the rear wheel where the speedometer senser is located.
You can be going 10mph and you do a hard brake and the front wheel started to lock up which is when the ABS will pulsate the brake fluid to regain some traction.
2017 PCX 150
Wirus Win Exhaust
Steady Garage Intake
Z-Bars
NCY Variator
Foek
Color: red

Post by Foek »

Thanks for the answers , i have Yamaha NMax and a Honda Forza 350 that use the ABS direct when hard break at low speed , so mechanic telling me PCX ABS works at 60 km makes me question him. Let me also expain that this is in Thailand.
Emax22
Color: White

Post by Emax22 »

I have a 2022 PCX (160) with ABS. I tested the ABS when driving over ice / snow while going under 10 mph. The ABS on the front wheel kicked in right away. I’ve had it trigger when stopping hard while coming to a complete stop. Make sure your ABS is on, I believe it can be turned on and off (HSTC too). If it is turned off, it will show an orange/yellow light on the right side of the dash.
Esaqzpimami
Year: 1994

Discover the Power of Greatness Today!

Post by Esaqzpimami »

The world is consistently evolving, and it is vital to remain informed about the latest innovations. Whether you're fascinated in technology, health, business, or any kind of various other area, there's constantly something to uncover. Along with the rise of the internet, obtaining data has become easier before. Nevertheless, it's important to depend on reputable resources and to approach information with a vital perspective. By doing this, we make sure that we are producing educated choices and keeping in advance in an ever-evolving world: online gambling real money