New PCX 150 cutting out while riding at 60kph

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Judokrab

New PCX 150 cutting out while riding at 60kph

Post by Judokrab »

The bike is about six months old. I've had it since new and it has had this problem three times: When travelling at my usual 50kph to 70kph the engine cuts out. It won't restart while cruising with the engine off. I have to come to a complete stop to be able to restart it.

I had already told the dealer how dangerous this was for me, especially as I am not an experienced rider. Then the third time it happened, I was in the fast lane with some unregistered rust-bucket panel van already tailgating me at 70kph. The engine cut out so I had no choice but to come to a complete stop, and just before that they bumped the back of my bike and knocked me down and then got out and attacked me.

Any advice? Have spoken to the dealer but they just suggested I turn the idle cut-out feature off and see if that solves the problem.

Thanks,
David
Chiang Mai
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150
Color: Red

Re: New PCX 150 cutting out while riding at 60kph

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Wih both of your issues I would go to my dealer and speak with the owner or head boss, tell him your issue and if he doesn't take care of it immediately, ask if he wants to ride something like that or have his spouse or child on something dangerous as that. If that doesn't work either try another dealer or contact honda corporate. Diagnosing the issue is helpful to the dealer but not your responsibility. Just tell them the bike is unsafe and unreliable.
Judokrab

Post by Judokrab »

Yes, agreed.... but unfortunately, this is Thailand! Taking things back and asserting warranty rights is more difficult here.

I mainly wanted to see if these were known problems. If they are, then it makes it a lot easier to make reference to a known problem and get something done about it.

Thanks,
David
Judokrab

Post by Judokrab »

The dealer "reset the computer" - said that will fix the cutting out problem. Sounds dubious to me.
illegal
Regular User
Regular User

Post by illegal »

One guy from different forum had similar issues. One of the suggestions was to check the side stand sensor. It is possible, that due to vibrations or bumps it activates and engine shuts down. However it should be able to restart, but it is worth checking.
PS: I am really sorry for that attack, I thought that in Thailand there is high tolerance to bikers.
2013 Honda PCX 125
http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/569523.html
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Do you have a seat.cut out switch ?