How to disable side stand safety switch?

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

Ole
Regular User
Regular User

How to disable side stand safety switch?

Post by Ole »

Can anyone tell or show me how to disable the side stand safety switch? You know, the one that won't let you warm up your PCX on the side stand. I hate this.
It can't be that complicated or is it? Is it a matter of finding the correct wires and soldering them together to make the bike think the side stand is up?

Thanks guys

I just picked up a PCX last night
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Re: How to disable side stand safety switch?

Post by gn2 »

If you're looking for it, the side stand switch is located on the sidestand pivot.
You could detach the wires and see what happens, if it won't start try splicing them together.
Better still leave it as it is, don't warm it up on the stand, get sat on the thing ready to go with your helmet on then start it, then once its running put your gloves on.
The time it takes to put your gloves on is enough warm up time.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

Ole wrote:Can anyone tell or show me how to disable the side stand safety switch? You know, the one that won't let you warm up your PCX on the side stand. I hate this.
It can't be that complicated or is it? Is it a matter of finding the correct wires and soldering them together to make the bike think the side stand is up?

Thanks guys

Enjoy your new toy. As for warm-ups, I have about 6 blocks before having to get on it. Seems enough to get the oil pumping. Not to sound like a broken record, but that HP4S Honda oil increased my mileage. I would assume it's for racing bikes? It can't hurt!

Just like at a fueling station, I use the center stand during cold months, if you're concerned with that.
Engines have come a long way since the 70's. now my Diesel is another story. With 10 quarts of oil and several gallons of glycol it might take 1/2 my commute just for the sucker to blow warm air through the vents. Thank God for heated seats!
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Range Rover have that one sorted, you can set a timer and in the morning it will automatically warm the engine up before you even switch on.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

Ole wrote:Can anyone tell or show me how to disable the side stand safety switch? You know, the one that won't let you warm up your PCX on the side stand. I hate this.

Thanks guys

It is easy, unplug or remove the switch and solder/jump/tie the 2 remaining wires together (preferably solder them) ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

gn2 wrote:Range Rover have that one sorted, you can set a timer and in the morning it will automatically warm the engine up before you even switch on.
Is that for the 600 yard drive to the nursery?
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

gn2 wrote: Better still leave it as it is, don't warm it up on the stand, get sat on the thing ready to go with your helmet on then start it.
what's a helmet?
Ole
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Ole »

dasshreddar wrote:
It is easy, unplug or remove the switch and solder/jump/tie the 2 remaining wires together (preferably solder them) ;)
thanks I kinda figured it was easy but thought I should ask the masses first.

I will dig in to it in the morn

I solder everything on my bikes wire nuts are evil
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by gn2 »

Ole wrote:
gn2 wrote: Better still leave it as it is, don't warm it up on the stand, get sat on the thing ready to go with your helmet on then start it.
what's a helmet?
Its an essential piece of safety equipment which some morons think they don't need.
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

If you have nothing worth protecting, well, what the hell. Darwin will take care of it.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)