Stolen PCX 150 repair

Having trouble? Need more info on something mechanical? Ask here!

Moderator: Modsquad

spectre1982

Stolen PCX 150 repair

Post by spectre1982 »

Hi. Somebody stole my 2013 PCX out of my garage on 8/3/13. The police found it in a ditch a couple of miles from my house today. The perps broke all of the plastic, cut all the ignition wires and spliced them together. It's been laid down multiple times on both sides. As far as I can tell, the frame still looks good. I need to replace all the body panels and rewire the broken bits. My question is, where can I find the parts I'm going to need? Anybody know a good site to look for parts? The ignition where you put the key in is completely gone. I'm about to order a service manual for it. Any help is much appreciated. This has been a nightmare. I'm just happy to have it back, even in its current condition.
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Stolen PCX 150 repair

Post by PKrellner »

No insurance? If it's busted up as bad as you've described, you've got a lot of work to do. Sorry I can't help with any info. Feel bad for you, hope you can get it all put back together.
dasshreddar
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: forzaruckuspcx
Color: black

Post by dasshreddar »

I got some parts in the for sale section of this forum, and I'll beat any online price.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. :( You're repairing it yourself? Does that mean your insurance company won't cover it? That's a bummer. I feel for you.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Shoe
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Shoe »

No Doubt!

That's a shitty!

Since it was stolen from your house, would Home Owners Insurance cover it? I had some ass clown steal an outboard motor from a campsite once and it was covered under my house policy, Eventhough the boat was not insured. It took a while to sort through the details, being a remote location ( 200 some miles from the residence), but.... The small print in the policy revealed coverage even off-site.

I never skimped on insurance. A bargain is just that. Nothing but a piece of paper mandated by law, until you have a claim.

Good Luck!
dustin91
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: Red

Post by dustin91 »

Sorry to hear. If you're taking on the job yourself, check out partzilla.com.
spectre1982

Post by spectre1982 »

I only have liability insurance on the bike. That's the last time I'll EVER make that mistake. There's no justification for not having it.

I found everything I need at hondapartshouse.com. I just ordered the factory service manual as well. I'm a pretty fair bike mechanic and I think I can get it back to stock. I'm just relieved I got it back. I'll check out the for sale section and see if I can save some cash on the parts I need. I'll be posting once I start the rebuild. Thanks for the help so far.

Here a picture of it. It's hard to look at. All the side panels are toast too. They laid it down multiple times. The frame and front end look okay though. It's fortunately all cosmetic.
Attachments
PCX.JPG
PCX.JPG (58.2 KiB) Viewed 3361 times
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

spectre1982 wrote:I only have liability insurance on the bike. That's the last time I'll EVER make that mistake. There's no justification for not having it.

I found everything I need at hondapartshouse.com. I just ordered the factory service manual as well. I'm a pretty fair bike mechanic and I think I can get it back to stock. I'm just relieved I got it back. I'll check out the for sale section and see if I can save some cash on the parts I need. I'll be posting once I start the rebuild. Thanks for the help so far.

Here a picture of it. It's hard to look at. All the side panels are toast too. They laid it down multiple times. The frame and front end look okay though. It's fortunately all cosmetic.
Wow, that is truly heartbreaking. Why in the world would anyone steal a bike like that just to trash it? The only thing I can think is that they thought they were getting a crotch rocket and decided to trash it out of spite when they found out it wasn't.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

kramnala58 wrote:
spectre1982 wrote:I only have liability insurance on the bike. That's the last time I'll EVER make that mistake. There's no justification for not having it.

Wow, that is truly heartbreaking. Why in the world would anyone steal a bike like that just to trash it? The only thing I can think is that they thought they were getting a crotch rocket and decided to trash it out of spite when they found out it wasn't.
Ray Charles must be chief supect
PKrellner
Regular User
Regular User

Post by PKrellner »

That damage really sucks. Probably some kids out to have what they thought was fun. I have a friend who had his car stolen and the police found it at the bottom of a small ravine. The thieves pushed the car over the edge and then tossed boulders down on it. I saw pictures of it after they managed to drag it up to the top and it was totally mangled up beyond any hope of repair. Some people just have no respect for other peoples property. It makes you wonder about the upbringing these punks receive at home.
spectre1982

Post by spectre1982 »

I have no proof but I'm pretty sure it was the local teenagers. They see me riding it all the time and know exactly where it's at. The bike was found by the police only a few blocks away. They really did a number on it. I'm changing insurance policies and I'm beefing up the home security so nothing like this happens again. I've got several other motorcycles and all kinds of equipment I wouldn't want to lose. I'm lucky the PCX is all they grabbed. Not much I can do about it now, but I'm keeping a better eye on the neighborhood now. It's a shame I've got to feel like this.

Anyway, back to repair. It looks like they cut the relay bases out of the wiring harness. Can I purchase the relay base somewhere to wire into my harness, or will I have to replace the entire harness? I was also thinking about hardwiring them in, but I'd like to get this thing back to stock.

Also, the ignition is gone, but the fuel tank/seat button is still hanging in there. Can I buy the lock mechanism and shutter plate, or will I need to buy the entire lock set to replace it? The lock and shutter mech are about $50, but the entire set together is $150. Any help is appreciated. Thanks for the support, everyone.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Post by Alibally »

Check eBay. There are used spares on the UK site. There might be the same on the US one.
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Leethal88
Regular User
Regular User

Post by Leethal88 »

Man I'm wicked sorry to hear that, such a bad situation! I put full coverage on mine and it just came in handy 3 weeks old but useful nonetheless
- Lee

Owns: '13 Honda PCX 150, '97 Honda Civic LX
apeacezalt

Post by apeacezalt »

Sorry to hear that, the one who did this was clearly an evil.

I don't know about how it works where you live, but here in Thailand we can order each part of "cosmetic" separately from local motorcycle shop (not Honda)

This follow link was an example (it in Thai, but you can see from the images on the page)
http://www.pcxclubthailand.com/forum/in ... ic=23210.0
jprainier

Post by jprainier »

Go to this website - below retail on OEM parts

http://www.motorcyclegoodies.com/oempar ... 0-ac-parts
beegmouse
Regular User
Regular User

Post by beegmouse »

I got a complete panel set from www.powerbypcx.com

Fell out the back of the Honda factory I think as it's throwing distance from it.

Chris
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

Parts from the honda dealer are dirt cheap. I had to replace several after laying mine down. Try advantage powersports website and you'll be able to look through the factory diagrams for part numbers. Also if you order through the dealer they don't charge shipping, at least mine didn't.
Www.advantagepowersports.com
Mgalutia88
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013 PCX 150

Post by Mgalutia88 »

On the subject of how torn up it is, it's a bike, it has two wheels. There is no way that they didn't get some scrapes too. Look for the local boys limping around.

Also in 24 years old and my full coverage on my 150 is $15 a month or $180 for the year.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Mgalutia88 wrote:On the subject of how torn up it is, it's a bike, it has two wheels. There is no way that they didn't get some scrapes too. Look for the local boys limping around.

Also in 24 years old and my full coverage on my 150 is $15 a month or $180 for the year.
I pay 40 a month where do you live and who do you get it thru?
ImageImage