A Cold Windy Ride Today

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

A Cold Windy Ride Today

Post by PCX150Rider »

It was cold and windy today but the sun was out, the roads were clear of ice and salt, and it was a great opportunity to take the PCX out for an early 2018 ride around town. We've had such lousy weather lately that I can't remember the last time was able to ride. :roll:

I had my heavy winter gloves (not mittens) and it's the first time I rode it with them. Since I bought the PCX early last Summer I haven't had a chance to do that until now. That being said I noticed that using the turn signal button was a bit awkward. Normally with just my leather riding gloves (or no gloves) using the turn signal is effortless. But with the heavier gloves sometimes it just didn't seem to want to move . . . especially for the right hand turns. Left hand turn indications seemed OK most of the time but the right ones were stubborn.

When I got back I took the gloves off and tried using the turn signals with the PCX just idling in my driveway and they worked fine. I think the problem may have been something to do with the way the force on the button was being directed due to the thickness of the gloves. Either way I wanted to make sure it was not internally broken or some bug had made a nest or something in the switch mechanism and clogged it up.

May sound weird I know. But I know now that when I'm out riding with the heavy gloves to make sure to check the turn signal indicator to confirm that it works. . .and again that it shut off with the push of the button.

My only issue I had with the turn signals on the PCX so far was that they seemed ass backwards from the normal motorcycle configuration of horn on bottom and signal button on top. That being said I've accidently hit the horn button more that once by mistake thinking I was using the turn signal switch (especially after riding a motorcycle for a while).

Much about nothing perhaps but felt I needed to mention it. If it helps one person avoid a catastrophe then it's worth it. 8)
alx123
Bangkok Rider
Bangkok Rider
Year: 2016
Color: Fast White

Re: A Cold Windy Ride Today

Post by alx123 »

you'll get used to it. It's like me when I'm scratching my head using other people's phone, I can't even find the back button or the switch..
Everything looks better from the inside of a motorcycle helmet...