"HAPPY 2017 HALLOWEEN"

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

"HAPPY 2017 HALLOWEEN"

Post by WhiteNoise »

TRICK ~ or ~ TREAT !!

All too soon 700+ children, teens, adults and parents will be scarying the Bah-Geez-Suz outta me this Goblin holiday. Clever little demons! Our 500+ condo community appears to be a Safe Haven for the cause.
I have over 700 pieces of treats to disperse. Sadly, I will run out before this day is over. By 8pm our Gates will slam closed and all goblins will find their way back to their crypt's.

Yea the witching hour will begin shortly, right after their school hearse's have dropped them off.

Then Let the Holiday Begin! o_O

Stay Tuned to see the Biggest Stuffed Pumpkin that you ever saw!!
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (166.37 KiB) Viewed 1188 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: "HAPPY 2017 HALLOWEEN"

Post by Mel46 »

Our neighborhood goes back and forth between lots of kids and very few kids, but I don't ever recall giving out treats to 500 - 700 'Trick or Treaters'!!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Mel46 wrote:Our neighborhood goes back and forth between lots of kids and very few kids, but I don't ever recall giving out treats to 500 - 700 'Trick or Treaters'!!
Good GRIEF MEL! you should be able to get a tax write off for all that action :lol:
babyzed

Post by babyzed »

Day ain't over yet and supermarket has ripped all traces of it out for xmas stuff :)
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

This is the Big Pumpkin that Every Trick or Treater's parent and child wants!
Hat's off to the Witches and Goblins!
Hat's off to the Witches and Goblins!
image.jpeg (111.48 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
My Tummy Is Full
My Tummy Is Full
image.jpeg (101.17 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
I looked in the distance, down the road towards the entrance....it was 4pm and Here They Came!! Yelling and Screaming, Howling and Shouting - BOO!!

I dropped candy into 413 bags/backpacks/hats/plastic shopping bags/masks and lantern's in 3 hours time. As I type the spirit of Halloween continues on my driveway. Security and unmarked police cars roam our community keeping everyone safe. Every trick or treater was polite. I never heard so many "thank yous" in all the 20 years that I've been enjoying this holiday.

Yes, I dressed up. Not scary, but festive. They noticed. They loved it. But....they LOVED Mr Pumpkin More, even more than the treats inside of Him!
7 pm, my feet are cold, my nose running, I'm dropping pieces of candy from the fistfuls I'm holding. Ah Crap, it's Time to call it quits. I strung my "out of candy" sign across my porches posts, picked up my now Lightweight Mr. Pumpkin and headed inside. In an hour the gates will close.
In 365 days we shall do it all over again! "Happy Halloween!"

Soup's On! it's time to warm up!
I hope ya'll had a Fun day one Way or Another :P
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

I'd fancy that just for me :D

My daughters went out trick or treating with their kids. Came back with a haul and sugar rush. But they still tucked into hotdogs and baked potatoes. I think the cold makes them hungry. Nice night.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's the Spirit 2yous! Nice to hear yer daughter's family's had fun. Next time, join in :D I'm betting you loved Halloween as a young'n (ahem) and teen!

Forgot to mention,...I don't jump up n down answering the doorbell. I stand outside warding them off with treats and a bit of entertainment. Alexa plays ghoulish songs in the background whilst I monster mash a dance. They Giggle, I laugh, their parent's laugh....it's all Good :lol:

Update! Condo neighbor stuck it out till 8pm last night. He kept a head count. His total was 673! The children starting to clear out, some remained and hid in the shadows till security passed them by. Then they continued ringing doorbells, collecting.
Today, I wouldn't be surprised to hear another neighbor say that we reached 800! A new record.

By the way....Some of the Costumes were amazing!!!! I wish I had another hand just to take pictures.
They were just AWESOME!! 8) 8) 8)

How do you spell tired? T. I. R. E. D.
yawn, I am.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:That's the Spirit 2yous! Nice to hear yer daughter's family's had fun. Next time, join in :D I'm betting you loved Halloween as a young'n (ahem) and teen!.
I did join in. I was in charge of food, fireworks and sparklers. And teasing the grandkids. It's the kids turn to take their kids out trick or treating now. Grandad on reserve.

There was no trick or treating when I was a kid. You walked around the streets with a turnip on a string with a candle inside. At the end of the night you filled it with bangers (firecrackers) and blew it up.

Fek knows why tbh
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Ahh see, you had a grand time yerself in fact you enjoyed the best of everything (as it should be). Fireworks, food, kids and c'mon now... Beer here? :D
We did strange things too on Halloween night. We strung toilet paper around bushes and telephone poles, even parked cars. Shaving cream? A little dab ill do ya :lol: Tossed a lot of Water balloons too. Somethings ya just can't say else I get meself locked up. My luck them folks will come find me and toss me to the wolves! Henceforth, my mouth is sealed!
(Well, on This topic anywho ;)
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

WhiteNoise wrote:Ahh see, you had a grand time yerself in fact you enjoyed the best of everything (as it should be). Fireworks, food, kids and c'mon now... Beer here? :D
We did strange things too on Halloween night. We strung toilet paper around bushes and telephone poles, even parked cars. Shaving cream? A little dab ill do ya :lol: Tossed a lot of Water balloons too. Somethings ya just can't say else I get meself locked up. My luck them folks will come find me and toss me to the wolves! Henceforth, my mouth is sealed!
(Well, on This topic anywho ;)
No beer in. A bit of red wine :lol:

Water balloons. I'd forgotten about those. Did you ever have street water fights as kids?
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Rotten tomato fights were much better. :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^oh God No!! Tomatoes? o_O Really? That's a new one to me and I had them readily available! Grew them.

Water Balloon story comin' atcha:
Halloween night say about 9pm, I'm driving around town in my Rocketship, a '63 Mercury Monterey (fastest car I ever owned, same as seen and same color, Big motor!).......
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (91.2 KiB) Viewed 1120 times
.......with a car full of friends. Looking to have some fun. It's now that I want ya'll to notice the rear window. That window is powered like yer side windows. With a press of a button the mid section moves up/down to any position. Getting any ideas yet? :lol: Okay, I'll continue

Before the ride we filled and then loaded the car with water balloons (trunk too - and that's a big arse trunk!) it was hard to avoid breaking them inside the car.
With every window open, Radio blasting and Hootin' Going on, we drove through town. My cabin crew were out of control they threw balloons at anything that moved. It was a hoot!

Until we passed Ernie's my favorite bar. A few chaps were leaving, walking to their car. Yeah, you're right they got saturated - totally bombarded! Their expressions spoke something like this: you're dead!
They leaped in their muscle car and out of nowhere were behind me, chasing me. My friends STILL throwing water balloons at them out the rear window! Hello Stupid? They wouldn't stop, it was funny...until I came to a Stop Sign. One that I couldn't run. The guys behind me thought I would.
They rammed me in the rear. Hard! All went silent. Laughter stopped. I was frozen. I knew my Dad would kick my ass if there were damage. I got out. The guys sped around me and took off. I saw damage.

That ended the fun. I drove everyone home and then myself. I thought I'd soil my pants walking in the door. My parents sitting right there watching tv. I walked past them, my heart pounding - I went to my room.
I thought, Tomorrow, I'll tell them. Yeah tomorrow. But what? I thought of different stories (always have one, right? :D ) so, I'd pick one at the time. Hah!
The truth came out. I was punished. I paid for the damages and was scolded till it "felt like a tattoo." (Yes, our parents could do that way back when).

You asked about water balloons? I haven't touched one since.
I miss that car though, a rocketship!!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Halloween night say about 9pm, I'm driving around town in my Rocketship, a '63 Mercury Monterey (fastest car I ever owned, same as seen and same color, Big motor!).......
I totally remember those cars. . .in fact I still remember the ads on TV for them. . .and that window. The cars had style and you knew a Ford from a Chevy from a Pontiac from a Merc from an MG from a Fiat from a Rambler from a Buick from a Lincoln and so it goes. They all had their identity. Today. . .it's kind of a blur of style. . .is it a Nissan or a Toyota or an Acura or a Buick or a Honda and so that goes as well with the focus I think more on MPG, safety, and creature comforts already packaged and take it or leave it. Hard to order it they way you want anymore. :roll:

And yes things were different back then and we forever feared ever damaging our parents cars. . .or having to explain what happened even if it wasn't our fault. o_O

Have to say I think life was just plain simpler and we had more liberty and freedom back then to do stuff that today would be considered a bit gauche. :o

About the tomatoes. . .participated in a couple growing up where the local gardener had more than could be eaten and couldn't give them away fast enough. They didn't last long but oh what a sloppy mess. Best to wear rain gear. That being said tomato fights are a big celebration in Spain. . .a big crazy celebration! And not everybody seems to care about having safety glasses and rain gear or personal protective clothing. :lol:

8) 8) 8) :D
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

^^ Taking a bath in Tomato Puree? Who'd enjoy that?
Hit me with a water balloon, but Neva a rotten tomato! ewwww
Brings to mind stompin' grapes! :lol: