tomorrows headlines....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

tomorrows headlines....

Post by homie »

This might be too much for the political police in here but its more about our beloved American pass time sports. We will see the end of this take a knee BS shortly as you can win money in Vegas tonight betting against protesting teams depending on those teams trying to switch their brains from social warrior victim to what it takes to win a NFL football game :lol:

The distraction of cognitive dissonance.... it will be like the germs that took down the aliens in war of the world's, taking a knee before a game equates to losing and that's the fact jack :D END!

https://personalliberty.com/nfls-protes ... nancially/
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Re: tomorrows headlines....

Post by TheMaverick »

homie wrote:This might be too much for the political police in here but its more about our beloved American pass time sports. We will see the end of this take a knee BS shortly as you can win money in Vegas tonight betting against protesting teams depending on those teams trying to switch their brains from social warrior victim to what it takes to win a NFL football game :lol:

The distraction of cognitive dissonance.... it will be like the germs that took down the aliens in war of the world's, taking a knee before a game equates to losing and that's the fact jack :D END!

https://personalliberty.com/nfls-protes ... nancially/
I didn't understand any of that, but to quote that chap from Airplane: "I just wanted to say good luck".
slowpoke
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Red

Post by slowpoke »

Surely you can’t be serious.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

slowpoke wrote:Surely you can’t be serious.

I am, and don't call me Shirley.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Good! cryptic and vague enough youyou didn't give me the bird and only those stateside and watching football will understand ... PERFECT!
slowpoke
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Red

Post by slowpoke »

Watchoo talking about, Willis.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

http://embeds.audioboom.com/publishing/ ... %3D1#Chris Plante Show 10.19.17

Chris Plante's podcast show today from Washington Mall WMAL talk radio.
10/19/17 at 2:45 in the program (the one on top) if you don't want to read the article.
A caller who broke the news today that should make you smile 8) if not laugh out loud.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: black

Post by Gil »

American History isn't pretty, mush less our current state of events. We now realise that the election of a Black man to the white house wasn't a major step out of the racial injustice that America
has suffered since the writing of the constitution, where the problem of slavery was left unresolved. The Emancipation Proclamation was a major step in bringing equality to all, it seemed like a major step in the right direction until the white supremacy movement became big a few decades years later, along with the Jim Crow laws. It seemed like one step forward and two back. The civil rights movement was another step forward, about 100 years after the civil war, and to it there was push back. Now after 8 years of a Black president, it seems like two steps back again. It was a hopeful atmosphere when Obama got elected, not just because of the man himself, but because of the color of his skin. Now the hate on display is saddening, the white supremacist movement is embolden by the comments of our current president. Becoming bolder in their marches, like the one in Charlottesville with their tiki torches.

I want to see an America united as one people with the goal of a better quality of life. Not to point fingers and denigrate, but too come together and make America a more just place. The taking of a knee during the anthem wasn't to dishonor the flag, but to bring attention to the inequality that still exist in this country. Those protest started under Obama's presidency, for people were bringing attention to those injustices towards Black people when we had a Black president.
The taking of a knee during the anthem wasn't about the flag until our current president made it one. His argument that doing so is a dishonor to the flag and to those soldier that have fought and died for it has no basis, for the players weren't protesting the flag they where/are protesting the racial injustice in this country.

It certain that many people look towards sports as an escape from our current political realities, but the injection of our current issues by peaceful protest in order to have a conversation and a possible solution is good. I feel the same about this forum, I don't want to think of the political situation that we are going through right now, when checking this forum out. But maybe a conversation of why this protest happen is good.

I was listening to this podcast by This American Life radio show. I think it fit's this conversation of the current events in America. The talk about a museum of the slave trade and it's gruesome displays of those times. Interesting listen for those long rides.
627-sm_0.jpg
627-sm_0.jpg (40.64 KiB) Viewed 1172 times
627: Suitable for Children
OCT 6, 2017
This week we ask: who thought that would be good for a kid?
Neil Drumming looks back at a toy he loved that, in retrospect, probably wouldn’t love him back.
And we go to a museum that educates children but also scares the hell out of them.
http://audio.thisamericanlife.org/widget/widget.min.js
ImageImage
  • 2013 Honda PCX 150, NCY Variator kit, Dr Pulley 13g Roller weights
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Without trying to get into political bull, I feel that there is a time and place for everything. People pay very, very good money to get their minds off of the problems and inequalities of the day. They want to root for their team without thinking about what the players who are kneeling are trying to make a point about. There are people of all races and creeds in the stadiums, and viewing the game on TV. Some of the reserved seats cost more than the average person makes in a month. They don't pay that kind of money so that they can watch an overpaid bunch of gorillas throw a fit...and that isn't my description. I read that on multiple blogs.

My point is that if you want to protest ANYTHING do it on your own time. When I was in the military they made that point very clear to us. Anyone who participated in anything that might reflect bad on the military by being in uniform at the time would be brought before a court martial. The same applied at most other employers I have worked for. You would find your job terminated very quickly.

I am not saying anything about what they wanted to represent or who they are for or against. I am just saying that there is a time and a place for everything, and a ball game, any ball game, is where people go to NOT think about things like injustices.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
dgnyberg
Regular User
Regular User
Color: Black

Post by dgnyberg »

I don't know why people supported the NFL prior to this "protest".
Nearly half of all players in the NFL have been convicted of crimes like domestic violence,
animal abuse, rape, assault, drug charges, and many other crimes.
I thought that these people were supposed to be role models for our children and grandchildren.
I wouldn't want my children or grandchildren to model their lives after people like this.
I stopped watching the NFL quite a while ago, but this latest "protest" on-the-job, is the the ultimate in stupidity.
If it's not about the Anthem, the flag or the nation, why protest during that time.
Maybe these players should quit their entertainment careers and run for public office and try to change the laws instead of just whining about them.

Dave
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

If it pisses Donald Trump off, I'm all for it.
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

Well all sports players will either focus on the game or get their azz's handed to them by teams who are focused on the game. By the way there is a federal law that prohibits deliberately not standing or disrespecting our national anthem. One they will never enforce of course but it did cause for some red faces over at the communist news network when this was revealed ;) Everyday now is priceless in as much as shocking reversals I thought we would never see. I will die a happy old fart at this rate. It's like a natural correction for everything that's been wrong in this country for a very long time. No more politicians, we've all seen a better way. As the generals mob up the war there are plenty of Trump want a be's standing in line for future positions.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

Mel46 wrote:Without trying to get into political bull, I feel that there is a time and place for everything. People pay very, very good money to get their minds off of the problems and inequalities of the day. They want to root for their team without thinking about what the players who are kneeling are trying to make a point about. There are people of all races and creeds in the stadiums, and viewing the game on TV. Some of the reserved seats cost more than the average person makes in a month. They don't pay that kind of money so that they can watch an overpaid bunch of gorillas throw a fit...and that isn't my description. I read that on multiple blogs.

My point is that if you want to protest ANYTHING do it on your own time. When I was in the military they made that point very clear to us. Anyone who participated in anything that might reflect bad on the military by being in uniform at the time would be brought before a court martial. The same applied at most other employers I have worked for. You would find your job terminated very quickly.

I am not saying anything about what they wanted to represent or who they are for or against. I am just saying that there is a time and a place for everything, and a ball game, any ball game, is where people go to NOT think about things like injustices.
I'm with you Mel46 on politics being a different subject that doesn't pertain to scooters. Now, I agree with tv personalities that have pointed out that the way the players protested peacefully is the definition of a protest. To ask them to protest somewhere out of our sites where we won't see them isn't a protest, the whole point is to put it on peoples face. It's just some players taking a knee and then they move on to play. I see the whole disrespecting the flag a straw man argument. The actual issue being protested is disregarded and attention is put somewhere else. Our presidents best skill, distractor in chief. I'm also engaging on the conversation for if I don't engage when the issue is presented to me, then i'm complicit in the continued injustice against minorities. We got to speak up.

Gil
ImageImage
  • IRC and City Grip tires, LED driving lights, Coroplast top box, MFR exhaust, Daytona Windshield.
Gil
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Gil »

Here is a good related documentary of what the players of the NFL are referring to. Frontline is an award winning PBS documentary series.

Frontline

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/ ... he-police/
Attachments
policing-police.jpg
policing-police.jpg (20.4 KiB) Viewed 1141 times
ImageImage
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

This might be too much for the political police in here but its more about our beloved American pass time sports. We will see the end of this take a knee BS shortly as you can win money in Vegas tonight betting against protesting teams depending on those teams trying to switch their brains from social warrior victim to what it takes to win a NFL football game :lol:

Life is a trip. . .it's all about the ride. . .not just the destination.

As others have it. . ."Life is for the birds". :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: