Official 2016 Motorcycle Accident breakdown analysis for NZ

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

slowpoke
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Red

Re: Official 2016 Motorcycle Accident breakdown analysis for

Post by slowpoke »

When I see that photo of Manhattan, I can't help but think of The Jeffersons theme song. "We're moving on up, to the East Side. To a deluxe apartment in the sky." If that's your view out the window, it's much better than what I had. I lived on the ground floor and could hear everything outside. Plus I had those prison bars on my windows. Somebody even tried to steal my air-conditioner through them. How is that even possible? Great city to visit and has great energy, too much for me though.

Yeah, I heard Richie was a helicopter pilot now. Us Americans aren't used to our sports stars transitioning into that sort of life. They seem to play golf after retiring. I guess I would too, except I can't stand golf.

Here is my scooter. Just kidding. It's Ivan Mauger's gold-plated motorbike in Canterbury Museum:
Attachments
rsz_dsc10003_34.jpg
rsz_dsc10003_34.jpg (224.24 KiB) Viewed 298 times
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

slowpoke wrote: Yeah, I heard Richie was a helicopter pilot now. Us Americans aren't used to our sports stars transitioning into that sort of life. They seem to play golf after retiring. I guess I would too, except I can't stand golf.
Someone once defined golf as "a game by which an over-sized ball is hit towards an under-sized hole - far away - with sticks ill designed for the purpose". I think my last round (about 150 years ago) set a course record - 158 off memory.

Richie has a reputation for being "just one of the lads" - laid back and easy-going (bit like me!) - but uncompromising on a rugby field.
Here is my scooter. Just kidding. It's Ivan Mauger's gold-plated motorbike in Canterbury Museum:
There's a name I haven't heard for a few years. Did you visit this collection (that was in Nelson) at the time you were here?

https://www.transportworld.co.nz/motorcycle-mecca/
slowpoke
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2014 Forza 300
Color: Red

Post by slowpoke »

Nope, I never saw that collection while in Nelson. But I did see John Britten's bike at Christchurch's Art Gallery.
Attachments
rsz_dsc10003_992.jpg
rsz_dsc10003_992.jpg (180.96 KiB) Viewed 295 times
TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

slowpoke wrote:Nope, I never saw that collection while in Nelson. But I did see John Britten's bike at Christchurch's Art Gallery.
I think that was the Britten bike I saw on display at the visitor centre at the end of the gondola ride in ChCH. John Britten was a man a decade ahead of his time. Very sad ending.