iOS 11 software update... NO TEXT WHILE DRIVING

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: iOS 11 software update... NO TEXT WHILE DRIVING

Post by PCX150Rider »

Cue the treadmill. . .. :lol: :lol: :lol:
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Re: iOS 11 software update... NO TEXT WHILE DRIVING

Post by you you »

TheMaverick wrote:
Mel46 wrote:Does the new iPhone really cost $1,000 ??
The new iPhone X does - but the new iPhone 8 starts at USD $699 & the iPhone 8 Plus at USD $799.

In New Zealand dollars the iPhone X is 256GB model is $2099 :(

... but I'll be one of millions frantically hitting refresh at 8:01pm on 27 Oct 17 (NZ time) to get one.

A lot has been mentioned about pricing, but as I see it ...

- The 8 & 8Plus are the "usual" upgrades at the usual prices for those who want to stick with the usual cycle

- The iPhone X is a step-up into new territory; Apple (as do any business) charge what they think people will pay based on what it's worth to them, and of course their development costs aren't insignificant either (especially considering that they won't sell as many of them as they would with a normal upgrade since they're essentially competing against themselves with the new iPhone 8 & 8 Plus).

- Apple phones have a higher 2nd hand value - so apart from an initial outlay, one can usually stay current for about a dollar a day - which I don't think is too bad for a pocket computer.

Many years ago I used to carry a phone - a PDA - a torch - and a digital camera for my day to day work - now of course all of that is rolled into 1 device. That device also contains my entire photo collection for me to show potential customers - I can order products on it - pay bills - communicate with customers, family and friends via text, iMessage, phone, skype, Facebook messenger, and eMail. It tracks my exercise, gives me directions to addresses. I can watch TV on it - or stream other content. It's a calculator, calendar, stopwatch, timer, music player, bank branch, library, time/billing manager, logbook, scanner, weather forecaster, barometer ... and literally a lot more. Worth every cent to me. I tend to look at it from the point of view of not "what it costs" but "what is the value of what it does for me". The value easily exceeds the price by many fold for me - if it doesn't for others then that's fine too because buying is optional :)

Same as my £100 phone then.