The Honda PCX / Honda Forza Forums

Your predominant source of information for the Honda PCX 125, Honda PCX ESP, Honda PCX 150, and Forza 300. Now featuring a Forza 125 subforum!
It is currently Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:07 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Long Island , NY, Tampa, Ft laud
Year: 2013
Color: blk
In a Ferrari 275 GTB hitting speeds 260 KMH in Paris early morning.. at the end worth it !! Have fun and hold on !



https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Qx_9 ... sp=sharing


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:28 pm 
Online
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
Year: 2017
Color: White
Thanks for posting that link. I've been to the Sacre Coeur. Been to most of the other landmarks and a number of the streets mentioned in the video as well on a school trip back in April 1970. It's a beautiful city. $10 would get you 54 French francs. Saw the Mona Lisa too. I'll bet it's a lot more crowded today. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:39 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: The centre of the universe
What century are you living in?

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:43 pm 
Online
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
Year: 2017
Color: White
Paris in the '20s. . .in the rain. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:41 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:49 pm
Posts: 5501
Location: Chicagoland
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White
Here's a funny frenchman who posted in the Buell forum. He took some heat for what was the first selfie scenic tour. I guess they just do it different in France. I actually felt like I was on the right side of the road watching it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3dBjxTAYnk&t=17s


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 pm 
Offline
Regular User
Regular User
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:07 am
Posts: 456
Location: New Zealand
Year: 2014
Color: Silver
This dude tried something similar ... didn't get the girl at the end though ...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/ ... expressway


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: The centre of the universe
PCX150Rider wrote:
Paris in the '20s. . .in the rain. :lol:



:D :D

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:58 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Long Island , NY, Tampa, Ft laud
Year: 2013
Color: blk
FYI...after the film surfaced, the driver was promptly arrested by French authorities. If you notice he ran several red lights and an assortment of other violations.. But hell, you gotta love those downshifts and upshifts into the curves and nailing the straight aways .... and that my friends is what its all about !!! have fun !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:34 am 
Online
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
Year: 2017
Color: White
Quote:
FYI...after the film surfaced, the driver was promptly arrested by French authorities. If you notice he ran several red lights and an assortment of other violations.. But hell, you gotta love those downshifts and upshifts into the curves and nailing the straight aways .... and that my friends is what its all about !!! have fun !!!


That clicking noise that was going on. . .made me wonder if it was a fuel pump or something. Or maybe he was casually sipping on DuBonnet Wine. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:24 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:23 pm
Posts: 758
Location: Long Island , NY, Tampa, Ft laud
Year: 2013
Color: blk
Too many turns and shifting for sipping Dubonnet...but seems like he had a gulp or two or three before he even turned the key . I dunno, being young and stupid.. I can relate.. I raced a Porsche in my Corvette one day going down the Florida Turnpike hitting speeds around 110 -120 mph.. They had an eye in the sky up that day and had a roadblock waiting for us.. Busted !! Yes.. was it stupid yes, was it costly yes.. was it worth it.. YES !!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 8:07 pm 
Offline
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:45 am
Posts: 469
Location: Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red
Many years ago I was a participant in a race between a fully restored 1925 Bentley 3 Litre Tourer and a Mini Cooper Stage 3. The Bentley was winning up to 100kph still in first gear then the Mini blew us away. Top speed we reached in the Bentley was close to 150Kkph. I would have given anything to own either of those cars at the time.

Great memories :) :) :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:37 pm 
Online
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
Year: 2017
Color: White
We've all done some foolish things when we were younger. ;)

Fun to relive the adventures taking a stroll down memory lane. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:01 am 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: The centre of the universe
JohnL wrote:
Many years ago I was a participant in a race between a fully restored 1925 Bentley 3 Litre Tourer and a Mini Cooper Stage 3. The Bentley was winning up to 100kph still in first gear then the Mini blew us away. Top speed we reached in the Bentley was close to 150Kkph. I would have given anything to own either of those cars at the time.

Great memories :) :) :)



I've got an original 1969 Mini Cooper with 60,000 miles on the clock. Want to make an offer?

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:12 am 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: rural Ohio
Camera was actually mounted on a Mercedes sedan, if memory serves.
There is quite a bit of info on this famous bit of film.
Paris is amazing. Wandered the city streets and the Metro lines, many days with barely any money in my pocket, skipping high school. My father was stationed there for all four years of my high school.
If you can enjoy walking and wondering and just experiencing .....it is the most amazing city. (Big Smoke was OK, too - but it is not Paris) Truly, for me - the best city. Can't begin to do it justice....
Fish


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:45 am 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: The centre of the universe
fish wrote:
Camera was actually mounted on a Mercedes sedan, if memory serves.
There is quite a bit of info on this famous bit of film.
Paris is amazing. Wandered the city streets and the Metro lines, many days with barely any money in my pocket, skipping high school. My father was stationed there for all four years of my high school.
If you can enjoy walking and wondering and just experiencing .....it is the most amazing city. (Big Smoke was OK, too - but it is not Paris) Truly, for me - the best city. Can't begin to do it justice....
Fish



Big Smoke? GTA?

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:04 pm 
Offline
Ozzie Old Fart
Ozzie Old Fart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:45 am
Posts: 469
Location: Brisbane, Qld. Australia
Year: 2015
Color: Dark Red
you you wrote:
I've got an original 1969 Mini Cooper with 60,000 miles on the clock. Want to make an offer?


If you can deliver it for free, I'll make an offer. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:58 pm 
Online
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:56 pm
Posts: 984
Location: Old Saybrook, CT
Year: 2017
Color: White
Quote:
I've got an original 1969 Mini Cooper with 60,000 miles on the clock. Want to make an offer?


You are very fortunate. Nice toy. Makes me think of that movie with all the Mini Chase scene in it. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtWkewqIFDM

Are you finding you just don't get to used it much anymore and it's collecting dust?

FWIW I had an '88 Ford Festiva (made by Kia for Ford) for a while and it was very much like a Mini. . .but not in the same Class obviously. . .although it had a 1.5 Liter engine, FW drive, very light, small wheels, and would take anything you dished out to it. One of the most reliable cars I ever owned. That being said it was not a "Mini Cooper". :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:16 pm 
Offline
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm
Posts: 1159
Location: rural Ohio
you you wrote:
fish wrote:
Camera was actually mounted on a Mercedes sedan, if memory serves.
There is quite a bit of info on this famous bit of film.
Paris is amazing. Wandered the city streets and the Metro lines, many days with barely any money in my pocket, skipping high school. My father was stationed there for all four years of my high school.
If you can enjoy walking and wondering and just experiencing .....it is the most amazing city. (Big Smoke was OK, too - but it is not Paris) Truly, for me - the best city. Can't begin to do it justice....
Fish



Big Smoke? GTA?


no idea what GTA means
Big Smoke is London.

Fish


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:24 pm 
Offline
What's a wot?
What's a wot?
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 pm
Posts: 7684
Location: The centre of the universe
fish wrote:
you you wrote:
fish wrote:
Camera was actually mounted on a Mercedes sedan, if memory serves.
There is quite a bit of info on this famous bit of film.
Paris is amazing. Wandered the city streets and the Metro lines, many days with barely any money in my pocket, skipping high school. My father was stationed there for all four years of my high school.
If you can enjoy walking and wondering and just experiencing .....it is the most amazing city. (Big Smoke was OK, too - but it is not Paris) Truly, for me - the best city. Can't begin to do it justice....
Fish



Big Smoke? GTA?


no idea what GTA means
Big Smoke is London.

Fish


Grand theft auto. Big Smoke is a character.

London is Old Smoke.

_________________
I'm actually a nice guy and can behave :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Like what you see here? Buy the admin a beer! Donate at the link below:

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group. Color scheme by ColorizeIt!