It's a Full Moon - Brain Activity Reaching Critical Mass

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

It's a Full Moon - Brain Activity Reaching Critical Mass

Post by PCX150Rider »

Did a 60 miler tonight. . .PCX running great. . .valves a bit noisy but it's a single and a noisy valve is a happy valve. Just about 300 miles now. Oil consumption seems to be zilch. . .level is constant on checks. . .over 100 MPG regularly. Brakes and lights are good to go. . .. :D

On the return trip the moon was huge over the horizon and somewhat copper in color. Tons of people out and about doing whatever. . .convertible tops down. . .ice cream places with full parking lots. A general sense of elation. People eating outside at local restaurants and cafes. I had to remind myself I wasn't riding in Europe. :?

The no-see-ums are out now in generous quantity as well. Going past waterways and marshlands I could here the tinkle tinkle on my helmet as they bounced off. Every once in a while one would sneak in through my vents and start climbing on the inside of my face shield. . .or try working it's way into the hinterland of my liner. Nothing like trying to scratch a granule sized bug out of your ear or nose with a glove on when you're riding. :o

Riding along I went through a gauntlet of smells from rural pastures, to burger joints, to fresh seasonal flowers, to Italian fine dining, to ugly urban spent fossil fuel emissions, to baked seafood, then fried seafood, then low tide, burning brakes, cigarettes (a real bring down), and more. . ..

Ah. . .t'is the season. . .ahhh yup. . .ah oh hey waitaminit. Watch the perimeter. . . :?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg-yaCC6HIo o_O o_O o_O 8)
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: It's a Full Moon - Brain Activity Reaching Critical Mass

Post by PCX150Rider »

And once again we approach another Full Moon. :roll:

I took my Suzuki Bandit out for a 40 mile loop tonight after adjusting the chain. Just wanted a nice casual ride. . .nothing stressful. Was getting some use out of my flip down sun screen on my SyMax III helmet as the sun lowered on the horizon with an atomic glare. 8)

The ride was rather enjoyable. Most of the other riders and ridettes I saw weren't wearing helmets but they all did wave so at least their hearts were still in the right place. :lol:

On the return trip. . .with darkness gaining ground. . .and only a couple of miles from my home. . .low and behold out from a bar comes a Volvo station wagon full of people like I wasn't even there. I was just approaching a traffic light. It was one of those two lanes one way and two lanes the other type roads feeding into a 4-way intersection with the bar on one of the corners. :geek:

It is a resort area and people do come into my town to let off steam and relax so I'm kind of used to it by now. That said I had my Night Cutter accessory lamps on plus my Hi Viz reflective yellow vest. Even when I blasted the horn the car kept coming out into the traffic lanes. I think the driver was looking everywhere except right in front of them. You never know. . .. Fortunately the driver saw the err of their ways (or maybe responded to a bunch of people in the car yelling at them) and slowly pulled up behind me at the light. . .only partially blocking the other lane. It went green, I proceeded to make a left hand turn. . .and they stayed pretty far behind me. I'm thinking they were embarrassed. :roll:

Anyhow for all your riders out there keep your situation awareness on high alert as we enter this full phase of the moon. It gets crazy sometimes doesn't it? o_O