Vehicle's Cabin Filter

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Vehicle's Cabin Filter

Post by WhiteNoise »

Today I changed the cabin filter in my truck. Shades of Excitement! :geek:
I found a collection of debris snuggled inside. From bugs to chopped up leaves and flowers, also plenty of sand in the base of each pleat and ah-choo! Dust and Pollen. The last change I did was in Aug 2014. I was surprised to see that it wasn't worse.
20170607_173045-1-576x694.jpg
20170607_173045-1-576x694.jpg (157.61 KiB) Viewed 2025 times
So when is the last time you changed yours?
Consider this a reminder, if you will. Allergy folks you might want to get this done ;)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Vehicle's Cabin Filter

Post by homie »

If I knew where that was in my truck
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Some trucks have them some don't..depends.. Check owners manual to be sure otherwise you will be craning your next looking under the dash for something that may not be there.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

What. . .no maple tree seeds? Those mini helicopter things that fly off the trees this time of year. :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

Most cars and trucks that do have a cabin filter have access to them by way of the glove box. You usually have to empty the glove box, unscrew or in other ways make it so that the box is dropped down below where it normally is, because the filter is back there somewhere.
I think mine is beside the glove box but I still have to take the box apart to get to it. I have the filter for my wife's car. I just have to change it. Then I will tackle mine. Not too happy to do either one, but it saves money.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Amazingly PCXRider150, Not one Polynose (or helicopter, as you were raised). That's odd ain't it? They're fun to watch as they twirl their way down to soil where they sprout wee ones all over yer lawn. Not so funny then, heh? :x

Mel, yes indeed you Do save quite a bit of dough by DIY and it takes no time at all. Buying a cabin filter is cheap. But if you like the cadillac/rolls royce edition, go for it! :D
In the end (even in the beginning), you feel great knowing you saved yourself $50.00 to $100.00 maybe more, doing this simple task yourself....with no inconvenience of going to a shop/dealer. Beats Leaving your vehicle from sitting all... day... long, And nothing goes missed :x
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

easyrider wrote:Some trucks have them some don't..depends.. Check owners manual to be sure otherwise you will be craning your next looking under the dash for something that may not be there.
Click here and type in your vehicle, you'll know soon enough whether you have a cabin filter or not. More than likely, you will...... "It's the sign of the times" (P.Clark) ;)

Here's a website I get lost in - like a five and dime - remember "those" Fun stores? :D
https://www.carid.com/cabin-air-filters.html

I buy cabin filter's/and other filters on Amazon or at Walmart. Sometimes my local auto store.

The cabin filter in my Honda Ridgeline and in other vehicles, (like the Toyota Rav4 that I also changed yesterday) is behind the glove box. Other vehicles may have them elsewhere, or have none at all...
Yes, CHECK your owner's manual!

Procedure for Glove Box > Cabin Filter Replacement:
Remove the glove box/bin or bucket as I calls it - Again, follow your owner manual's instructions. If not there, go online to your vehicle's Forum.
The fasteners (plastic) holding your box can be a bit finicky. Look closely at your owners manual you don't want to snap or crack them.

Once box is removed look for an on/off snap type cover towards the back wall. It's dark in there so Use a flashlight. Unlatch that cover, and put it aside. Your dirty filter lies inside a tray behind that cover. Slide the tray out, remove the dirty filter from it *pay attention to the direction of the *Arrow" stamped on the side of it. You will need to place your new filter in it's tray in the Same Direction.
Inspect the tray, cavity and surroundings, clean if necessary. Good? Ok, locate the *Arrow on your New filter, Carefully place it in "that direction" inside the tray *without crimping or buckling the pleats!
Now slide the tray into its cavity securely.
Place and align the snap cover - snap it on (tab on each side).
Grab your glovebox and its' fastener's and secure it back in place.

Toss that dirty sucker out! Smile, be proud and grab a Brewski. It's ALL GOOD! :P
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

WhiteNoise wrote: Glove Box > Cabin Filter Replacement
Glovebox you say :?
Attachments
truck.jpg
truck.jpg (93.8 KiB) Viewed 2001 times
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

Cabin filter :)

your cage is ventilated be more than that :D

Windows might be the first thing.
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Every automotive store has a listing for a cabin air filter for my vehicle. Manual does not mention it and when I go on line to order I get this message

Cabin Filter Replacement:
Our research indicates that your vehicle does not have a cabin air filter (also known as a pollen or AC filter). Vehicles without cabin air filters typically have a plastic mesh that prevents leaves and other foreign objects from entering the HVAC system. This mesh is part of the vehicle and does not need to be changed.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I have to tell this story, for those who may not have a cabin filter but have a newer vehicle. My Hyundai Santa Fe showed that it had no cabin filter. I brought it to the dealer and asked about it specifically. The dealer said that, no it did not come with one, but yes one could be installed. I asked which one and how much. He told me that the cabin air fillter for a Sonota fits perfectly, and that the procedure for installing one on the Santa fe was exactly the same as on a Sonota. It was already set up for it, but it was considered an option, so if you wanted one you could install it yourself or have the dealer 'add' the accessory as an option when you purchased the vehicle.
So, it is possible that if your vehicle did not come with one but other vehicles in that year and make did, then it may just be a matter of dropping the glove box and installing it. It doesn't hurt to check.

However, I'll be darned if I can find out where they put the one of the PCX! :-)
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

That's interesting .. appreciate the comment I will look into that thx
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

......where?
Attachments
DSCN0545.jpg
DSCN0545.jpg (109.36 KiB) Viewed 1986 times
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

:lol: Ya had me going there for awhile homie, then Truck's changed. Itsa an odd way to git behind yer mitten bin or dash but I bet this vision can be had in the deep South (no offense meant folks, lived there a spell myself, seen things never dreamt, ya'll know what I be talkin' 'bout ;) Dang!

Funny thing is, they Do find what their after (and then some).
Did you homie? :lol:
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Seriously, I'm betting that most folks don't even know about a cabin filter.
On the phone Yesterday my Sis asked me what I've been doing, "are you riding that dumb scooter?"
"Uh not today. I changed two cabin filters in two different vehicles." Reply: "Oh! Don't know What that is and don't care! Hubby takes car to dealer and they take care of whatever."
To avoid a conversation that would go nowhere (and I mean go no-where), I said "Okay good. Having it done should help your ongoing allergies or whatever it is you're putting up with." I could "hear" her smile :roll: End of conversation.

So you see, my Sis and her husband believe that the dealer will jump right in there and take care of everything and anything that needs attention without them asking. You've heard of "in the Cloud" right? :lol:
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I have just finished my research on your topic and here are the results.

Cabin Filter Replacement: Dodge Ram 1500 2006-2008

Our research indicates that your vehicle does not have a cabin air filter (also known as a pollen or AC filter). Vehicles without cabin air filters typically have a plastic mesh that prevents leaves and other foreign objects from entering the HVAC system. This mesh is part of the vehicle and does not need to be changed.

But I can add a fresh air kit easily 8) I think this video is my situation, thanks for bringing this to my attention.

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

That's it! ^^ Simples.
Did the job the same way on both vehicles with similar if not, the same fasteners and locations.
Crazy how Dodge has you cut the cubby out for the filter. Then you buy a cover that fits right in. Is there any answer for that? "Too Weird for Color TV" (< someone said that on TV, who was it? Dunno).