Apple will block texting....

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Re: Apple will block texting....

Post by homie »

Just saw a collision that displayed possible distracted driving by a young female. Yellow light, guy out in the center of the intersection was pushing that yellow hoping to turn left before it went red. Girl coming from the opposite direction maintained her speed (never touched her brake) running that yellow light. Both ending in a pretty nasty impact nearly head on. Is why we don't let people honk us into entering the center of an intersection to turn left on yellow. Stay at the crosswalk and make everyone miss the light behind you and live to turn left again another day. I would not have survived that hit, young lady was on cruise control or something.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Another clear example of focus, driving by the rules, courtesy, and consideration for public safety. :lol: o_O :o :(
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

homie wrote:Just saw a collision that displayed possible distracted driving by a young female. Yellow light, guy out in the center of the intersection was pushing that yellow hoping to turn left before it went red. Girl coming from the opposite direction maintained her speed (never touched her brake) running that yellow light. Both ending in a pretty nasty impact nearly head on. Is why we don't let people honk us into entering the center of an intersection to turn left on yellow. Stay at the crosswalk and make everyone miss the light behind you and live to turn left again another day. I would not have survived that hit, young lady was on cruise control or something.
In Florida its illegal to enter an intersection and wait for on coming traffic to clear because if the light turns red while you are in the middle its a ticket..In the above scenario looks like both drivers get a ticket if not for running a red light but for failure to use caution.
mladyraven1
Color: Blue

Post by mladyraven1 »

homie wrote:Apple plans to block texting from any moving vehicle

:o o_O :D 8) IT'S ABOUT TIME !!!!!!!!!!! DAM RIGHT!

That's great , however, they are not going far enough. Yesterday a woman almost hit me because she was so busy talking on the dang phone when she pulled out into my lane. I see people here in Southern CA talking on the phone all the time even though there is a huge fine for talking on the phone. It dangerous enough for us riding on the streets with cars, we really don't need them texting and talking on top of everything! I hope Apple decides to shut the phone when you are driving! If they can stop you from tesxting I would think they could stop you from talking on the phone too!
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Ignorance is bliss and it's always fun until someone gets it in the eye. :(

TheMaverick
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TheMaverick »

I'm in 2 minds about this texting/phoning while driving thing to be honest. In my mind the safety issue is really about people having the self-awareness to be able to make the correct decision as to when its safe to do it and when it's not. Unfortunately too many people can't make that correct decision so it gets banned for everyone. Goes for many things in life - because some don't act responsibly everyone suffers.

Whilst riding the PCX it's generally a moot point anyway (the phone is in my pocket) (although I do use a bluetooth earpiece if I need to hear directions from the GPS app). In the car it's illegal to be on the phone whilst driving unless the car is fitted with a hands-free device over here - I don't have one but I've been known to put a call on speaker and slide the phone into the document holder on the sun visor - works the same as hands free for me. Texting whilst driving is also illegal although the law came in before texts could be sent and received completely hands free using only voice commands, so not sure where we stand with that now legally.

Would be great if people could just think things through and manage risks better in many areas of life, IMO. There are times when it's better to briefly exceed the speed limit when over-taking - there are times when it's not safe to do the speed limit even though it would be legal. There are times when it's unsafe to take a phone call even with hands free - and on the flip-side I personally believe that there are times when it's perfectly safe to send a short text while driving eg daughter texts to ask "have you left yet" - I'm on the motorway - no other traffic in sight - I don't find it dangerous to check the road - pick up the phone - check the road - unlock phone - check the road - scan the message - check the road - hit reply - check the road - enter Y - check the road - enter E - check the road - enter S - check the road - hit send - check the road - put the phone down - check the road.