Mother's Day

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Mother's Day

Post by WhiteNoise »

Here's to the First Women in our Lives - Mother

Today's the day, but our family celebrated this past Friday while family was in town. Some of you have read that I visit my Mom in a Nursing Home (she'll be 92 and she's sharp as a pin. She amazes me).

On holiday We get her out of there. We arrange for the Town's handicap bus to pick her up and deliver her to our location. Once there I use 2 of my 3 ramps, a walker and portable wheelchair to get her inside - if you have the Right Tools, you can get the job done (as Dad would recite - and he's right!)

Anywho, she joined us at Sister's home and had a lovely time. She looks wonderful. Days prior I had put a tower cabinet together for her to use in her room. Top 1/2 shelves, bottom 1/2 a closed cabinet w/shelves. I had it standing at the other end of the hall as we rolled her inside. She came upon it and was thrilled. Another place to put "stuff!" Her new hobby...a coloring book with array of pens/pencils, then those toiletries other Mom thingies. Then came other gifts and cards. Oh how she loves cards, they make her smile, then cry. That's Happy, I guess? :roll: :lol:
Ouu...we gave her wine. Two glasses infact, of Riunite Lambrusco. That was tasty! Her cheeks made Santa's look pale :lol:

Dinner: BBQ Shell Steaks, Chicken Breasts and Thighs. Sauteed Mushroom and Oinions. Fresh mix of Broccoli and Cauliflower (w/garlic), Macaroni and Cheese with sides of Deviled Eggs, Creamed Cucumber's, Sliced Tomato and Mozzarella.
Dessert: Coffee, Wine, or Cordial. Cheesecake with blueberries and strawberries atop, ice cream, or Cup Cakes

Bus came back hours later. Off she went feeling full and feeling loved.
I will see her again tomorrow where we will re-live the whole day by telling others that roll into her room asking, "How was Your Mother's Day?" Then off she'll go..........

I am Blessed to have Her Still in my Life. Being her caretaker for so many years, I can't imagine being without her.

Here's Friday's pic of My Mom. She's "Simply the Best!"
Attachments
20170514_002716-1-447x435.png
20170514_002716-1-447x435.png (285.43 KiB) Viewed 517 times
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Re: Mother's Day

Post by PCX150Rider »

WN - You and your family have given her a memorable celebration. . .and yes she will have plenty to tell all her friends. :lol:

The menu had me drooling. . .wow! :D

There is never too much time that is time spent with family. I think that sounds right. . .. :roll:

Last year was my Mother's last Mother's Day with me and my family. . .she was 92 also. . .. I'd give up everything I own if I could see my parents one more day. 8)
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

My mother died in 1996 for cigarettes. There is nothing worse than watching your mother slowly suffocate. Her lung capacity was down to 17% when she finally gave up. I see these young people lighting up like it is not a big thing, and I want to show them how it feels to die from it, but instead I just walk away. I didn't take any pictures when she was going through all of this because it was so hard to watch her. You feel so helpless.
So, for those who still have a mother to love, give her an extra hug. She will appreciate it.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

Since it might be her last meaningful Mother's Day, I took mummy dearest on a nice long drive down to Coolangatta to look at the ocean from the cliffs.
That's quite a nice change from living near the bush/forest/woods. I think I might be doing a few more day trips like that before she ends up in a nursing home.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

What a Noble looking Mum WN... an aristocratic!
You could have told me she was the Queen of England and I wouldn't have known better.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

PCX150Rider, thank you for the kind words. Yes family means a lot to me, always has. It's good to hear you appreciate yours as well. I'm so sorry about your loss, no one can replace a Mom. She had a long life...92 is amazing!
Heh hey! could be that she's still watching. She might be riding pillion. In that case, you'd better behave, because in (through) her eyes, you're always her Kid! ;)

Mel, sorry you had to watch your Mom go through such an awful illness. You're a good son, she did a fine job. Smoking! :x I lost my older brother 1 year ago (the 14th of May). He wasted away, all his organs failed. Months of horrific suffering. Alcohol and cigarettes took his life at 71.
So, I understand the anger sadness and mix of emotions. It was your Mom.
Your closing statement about hugging?
I agree, give her a hug, then hug her again. "I'll always love my Mama"

homie, you brought a Big smile to my face. Thank you too for Your kind words. I couldn't agree with you more. She is Regal and the "Queen" (still) of our family. She's the "Precious" :P

chicaboo, don't think about it, if you have the time....just do it. Her Big smile will be your reward, you'll put a twinkle back in her eye(s). It's Lovely that you gave her a waters view. Perfect.
Be and Share with her while you can...ah, but you know that already ;)
Thank you for sharing your day spent with her, with us.

Alright then.....Father's Day, will be upon us next.
Buy Beer n Chips! Then let's get this Party Started! :D
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You