Speeding tickets...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Speeding tickets...

Post by homie »

Two Highway Patrol Officers were conducting speeding enforcement on I-15, just north of Oceanside, San Diego, California. One of the officers was using a hand held radar device to check speeding vehicles approaching the crest of a hill. The officers were suddenly surprised when the radar gun began reading 300 miles per hour and climbing. The officer attempted to reset the radar gun, but it would not reset and then it suddenly turned off.
radar.jpg
radar.jpg (14.87 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Just then a deafening roar over the treetops revealed that the radar had in fact locked on to a USMC F/A-18 Hornet which was engaged in a low flying exercise near its base location.

Back at the California Highway Patrol Headquarters the Patrol Captain fired off a complaint to the US Marine Corps base commander for shutting down his equipment.

The reply came back in true USMC style:

Thank you for your letter.

You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Hornet had detected the presence of, and subsequently locked on to, your hostile radar equipment and automatically sent a jamming signal back to it, which is why it shut down.
Furthermore, an Air-to-Ground missile aboard the fully armed aircraft had also automatically locked on to your equipment location.
Fortunately, the Marine Pilot flying the Hornet recognized the situation for what it was, quickly responded to the missile system alert status and was able to override the automated defense system before the missile was launched to destroy the hostile radar position.

The pilot suggests you cover your mouth when cussing at them, since the video systems on these jets are very high tech.
Sergeant Johnson, the officer holding the radar gun, should get his dentist to check his left rear molar. It appears the filling is loose. Also, the snap is broken on his holster.
Semper Fi
Attachments
Hornet.jpg
Hornet.jpg (10.54 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Speeding tickets...

Post by Mel46 »

Haha! I love it!
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

Goose. . .Talk to me goose. 8)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

I was in my boat with my family off the Florida Keys (Islamorada) one afternoon and we were aboard having lunch when I looked to the east and skipping along the waves was a fighter jet coming directly at us.I said to everyone duck we are going to get hit as if it would matter but instinct takes over. The jet buzzed us right over head and it was awesome and the kids loved it. A few days later I read that the fighter pilots out of Homestead were practicing strafing runs at assumed targets. When they see kids or pretty girls(bikinis( in a boat they would assimilate an attack approach and buzz the boat. It was awesome to see but after a few complainers it was stopped. It was great to see first hand what a jet coming at you at full speed could look like. Make you pee your pants LOL
Last edited by easyrider on Tue May 02, 2017 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

That's cool story Rider, I wonder what the on board hardware looks like that jams radar and other tracking devices. Would be fun to jam the radar gun on a few speed traps around here. Remember when people found out how to hack traffic light emergency vehicle approch and you had putz's driving around never getting a red light... yea that was funny 8)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

I have a laser jammer under my grille on my car and automatically jams a laser beam, but does nothing for radar. Only works on laser detection and when it detects a laser beam it lets you know in a flash. Worked for me many times. I use a radar detector for radar but it does not jam it. Its illegal to jam radar but laser jamming was legal when I installed it years ago. Not sure about today laws. Its very concealed however anyway. I can take a picture of it if u like.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

easyrider wrote:I have a laser jammer under my grille, its very concealed. I can take a picture of it if u like.
That's Ok I can imagine the setup, similar to my dream of a paintball gun hidden behind my grille. If I wasn't bound by religion OH what a bugger I'd be.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I heard that in Virginia it is against the law to even have a radar turned on while driving in that state. I heard from sone one that they had turned theirs off when it showed police up ahead. The police stopped him and took his car apart to find the radar detector. Then they ripped it out, not caring what they did to the car. There must be a way to burn out those radar guns. If they are going to rip your stuff out of your car, killing a radar gun is good payback.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

It is against the law to have a radar detector in Ontario, Canada. I believe there is still a sign at the side of the road at the border crossings we use most often which states this. I know a couple of cops up there. People are very ingenious in how they hide them. One friend found one inserted in the headlight housing of someone he had pulled over. But he says you would be amazed at how often they can't find them, even when they are 99.9% positive a person has one. It seems to me that it would just be a whole lot cheaper and easier to slow down a bit. ;)
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Yes, they are illegal in many states and encouraged in other ones. My radar detector does a whole lot more than detect police surveillance.It detects trains at crossings, and safety alerts when accident is up ahead and construction or ambulance fire is ahead. I don't use mine as a speeding device but more as a monitoring device.There are times when I roll into unknown towns , or cities and do not know the speed traps. Many of which do not post the speed limit until after you get pulled over. Its a good warning device for many reasons.Speeding tickets are revenue making apparatus for cities . Not always about your safety.
Additionally only the cheaper radar detectors are detectable. The newer ones have radar detector detection built in where as VG2 is detected it shuts off your radar detector until the signal is gone.. VG2 is what cops use to find detectors in Virginia and elsewhere.Additionally in US it is legal to monitor and receive radio waves . States will make their own laws but can be overturned if fought in a court. They know it is just too expensive for anyone to go through the trouble ..Its cheaper to pay the fine...and they know it.
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I did not know mine was illegal in any state oO
Anyone know where one can get a list, traveling across the US I'm failing for sure. Also what are you people paying for the violation if busted? That will be the determining factor for paying more attention. Seat belt tickets are only 50 dollars, my partner got one the other day. He gave some lame excuse about chest surgery and the female cop said she already heard them all.

We are used to riding without seat belts, I bet she hasn't heard that one :lol:
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Recently here in Georgia there were several accidents by teen drivers in which the drivers and occupants were killed because none of them were wearing seat belts, and either the occupants were ejected from the vehicle or they went through the windshield and broke their necks. The parents were interviewed and they were very unhappy that the kids were killed, of course, but some that were interviewed were still in their cars, and they did not have their seat belts on.
If you think the seat belt statistics are faked, ask the parents of those who are killed because they were not wearing theirs.

If you feel that it should be your right to decide whether you want to wear seat belts or not while driving or riding in a car, then there needs to be a waiver that you must sign that says that no one, including insurance companies, will help you pay your medical expenses incurred from accidents in which you are injured while not wearing seat belts. Driving could get very expensive for you.

I have noticed a lot of drivers in my area who regularly do not wear their seat belts. Most of them either drive around in older, junk cars, or they drive the very expensive cars that have all the 'bells and whistles'. In either case, they are still not protected. Someone obviously thinks they are, though.
Last edited by Mel46 on Wed May 03, 2017 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

lighten up Mel... read it again

"WE... are used to riding without seat belts"

My cages will not allow one to drive without seat belts... they make you crazy with warning buzzers.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Sorry... that's one of my hot buttons. I have seen and heard too many ignorant excuses for not wearing seat belts down South. Some of the excuses make absolutely no sense...and then the parents, whose kids just died because they did not wear seat belts, are interviewed and they want to know why this happened to their kid.

My cage lets me know that the seat belt is not connected but stops warning you after a minute or so, except for the light on the dash.

Riding my PCX solves a lot of problems. I can ride, and think, and enjoy the day.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

It never ceases to amaze me how many ignorant, foolish, and just plain stupid stunts I see every day I leave the driveway. Wearing seat belts is a good idea if you want to survive. They insist you wear them on Carnival rides. . .G's are a force to be reckoned with. . .and at the end of the day it's always the sudden stop that gets you. It makes me wonder if parents just aren't doing their job from generation to generation properly instructing their kids on the dos and don'ts of survival or is this more of a recent phenomenon due to technology and not enough family time. At least when they had the draft (like it or not) a lot of people learned to quickly think about someone else besides themselves, the importance of a plan and organization, recognizing that rules were for the common good, and that you can count on the other person to have your back when the manure hits the fan.

Helmets? I wear helmets because it makes sense. That being said I see a huge number of posers who choose not to. I agree with Mel. . .if you sign away your right to be indemnified for medical injuries due to not wearing helmets or seat belts (in other words you would take the express lane to perpetual poverty AAaaannnnddddddD perpetual care) then the onus is on you. It is a free country and you can do just about anything you want within reason and within the Law but to make other people have to pick up after your mess and pay for it when the mess could have been avoided or a heck of a lot less $$ then basically you are gambling with other peoples money.

I wont' even start on texting and cell phone use. . ..
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

I dunno..its a mixed bag with me..Ive heard of people getting killed in car accidents and recently 4 people in a car got hit and the two wearing the belts died and the two that didn't survived. There are no guarantees in life.. If you wear a belt and get t boned in the drivers door it is likely you will get killed because the seat belt will hold you captive in the seat to the incoming car wheras if you did not have it on you would get pushed to the passenger side.Its like biiliards . When the cue ball hits the other ball it moves. If you hold the other ball down and the cue ball hits it then the energy is completely absorbed and not passed onto motion.. I don't think government has any business in mandating safety to one's own person. It should be my right to decide and should also be the right of the insurance company to insure me or not. If I get hit due to someone else's negligence then its their responsibility to pay and yes it will be a debate as to whether the seat belt would have mitigated the injuries. FYI.. I always wear my safety belt after the 8th or 9th beer..
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by PCX150Rider »

I dunno..its a mixed bag with me..Ive heard of people getting killed in car accidents and recently 4 people in a car got hit and the two wearing the belts died and the two that didn't survived. There are no guarantees in life.. If you wear a belt and get t boned in the drivers door it is likely you will get killed because the seat belt will hold you captive in the seat to the incoming car wheras if you did not have it on you would get pushed to the passenger side.Its like biiliards . When the cue ball hits the other ball it moves. If you hold the other ball down and the cue ball hits it then the energy is completely absorbed and not passed onto motion.. I don't think government has any business in mandating safety to one's own person. It should be my right to decide and should also be the right of the insurance company to insure me or not. If I get hit due to someone else's negligence then its their responsibility to pay and yes it will be a debate as to whether the seat belt would have mitigated the injuries. FYI.. I always wear my safety belt after the 8th or 9th beer..
Only 9? Just kidding. . .. :lol:

Yup. . .it gets complicated. I don't take chances like I would have even 20 years ago. Tonight I just wanted to take a leisurely ride to a burger stand and a coyote came across my path full tilt outta nowhere. I was in my 4-wheeler but thought about what it would have been like if I was on the bike or scooter. I slowed down in plenty of time because I'm always looking for movement where there shouldn't be any and the shadowy profile caught my attention.

BTW when you mentioned about the slick streets in NY (on the other thread) when they get wet it made me think about that sealer stuff that municipalities put on roads to fill the cracks during the summer. That stuff is really slippery. . .especially if it's spread in liberal amounts. . .wet or dry. 8)
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by easyrider »

Yes it is very slippery. I attended a seminar on asphalt and the asphalt industry does not support sealing asphalt. They will not endorse the use of it. The primary reason is that it doesn't breathe and it insulates and the sun bakes the underlayment asphalt.It gets hotter with the sealant This in turn ages the asphalt faster and encourages stress cracks /separation/spalling. However, everyone knows that it really makes old pavement look new.So buyer beware ..it makes it look pretty , but ages it faster.
I agree with you that the rider should use more caution when riding 50 mph on any city road especially in a chinese fire drill where people do what they want when they want. I think I would use the subway..its a lot drier in the rain.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

I think that in every situation there can be exceptions, but safety devices such as seatbelts are there for the overall statistical advantage they give to the occupants. When it comes to helmets, there is no advantage to not wearing them aside from the air in your hair, and if you have an accident your chances of survival are real low without them. Statistics are not on the side of the rider who does not wear any protection while riding.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:lighten up Mel... read it again

"WE... are used to riding without seat belts"

My cages will not allow one to drive without seat belts... they make you crazy with warning buzzers.

There's generally some way to turn them off. Or use a blank latch from eBay.