Gas Going Up 40 Cents Per Gallon in U.S. by Summer

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Gas Going Up 40 Cents Per Gallon in U.S. by Summer

Post by PCX150Rider »

Just heard earlier today that gas prices in the U.S. will rise upwards of 40 cents per gallon by Summer. Some estimates are even higher. . .

I heard one guy who got interviewed by a local presenter say "I've had enough. . .to heck with it. . .I'm getting a bicycle". Maybe he should consider a PCX? :lol:

So for people living in the snow belt that probably means to expect higher home heating oil prices in the Fall.

GGeeezzzzzzzz. . .here we go again.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Gas Going Up 40 Cents Per Gallon in U.S. by Summer

Post by Mel46 »

Interesting. Today we were driving home after a dog rescue and we passed a gas station that had its unleaded at $2.69/gal. Everyone else within 10 miles of them had their gas at between $2.09 and $2.19/gal. No one seemed to be complaining though. There were cars at all of the pumps. Either people have gotten too comfortable with the price range gas is being sold at, or else they are DUMB! I look around before I go to a gas station so that I know what the ranges are. Then I can determine if the $.04 more I see at a station closer to home is worth it. If there is a $.50/gal difference, it isn't worth it so I drive on by.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Here's an interesting tool to check the average global petrol/benzin/gasoline prices in the currency and units of your choice.
Venezuela, wow! Norway I knew about, but I was surprised by Hong Kong. Still no reason for North Americans to worry...
mowzertron
Year: 2014
Color: Brown

Post by mowzertron »

That's quite a hike. We are in the middle of a supermarket price war. Still paying £1.15 a litre ($6.50 a gallon) though. happily take the few pennies discount though.
PCX150Rider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2017
Color: White

Post by PCX150Rider »

http://www.globalpetrolprices.com/gasoline_prices/

Here's an interesting tool to check the average global petrol/benzin/gasoline prices in the currency and units of your choice.
Venezuela, wow! Norway I knew about, but I was surprised by Hong Kong. Still no reason for North Americans to worry...
That's a fact. . .in comparison to what some people in the world are paying for fuel we don't have it too bad in the U.S..

The thing is that people are people and they don't always save and if they have it they spend it or freakin finance it. So when things spiral upwards that they "have to have" they get caught in their own noose and whine. I'm waiting to see how the currencies behave. One thing for sure is things always change. I feel sorry for the elderly who are on a fixed income and are living from day to day having to choose between food or medicine.

Thanks for that petrol price breakdown by country. It's a real eye-opener! o_O
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Looking at that website I can say with certainty that in the United States the price of $2.57/gal. is definitely just an average. While I pay close-to or a little under $2/gal., my daughter in Washington State, which is on the West Coast, pays at least $1 more per gal. than here in the South...though Florida, which borders us to our south, adds about $.50 more per each gal. by way of taxes...and Alabama, which borders us to our west, is about $.30/gal. cheaper than we are because of our taxes. In short, taxes per state make the range of the price of gas here vary about as widely as they do on that graph. It also makes traveling across state lines uncomfortable for those without credit cards. Still, I have to admit that we still pay about half what those in Europe pay per gal., to which I have to say,"How do you folks afford anything with gas prices that high!? I am on a fixed income and can't afford a lot of things, but if the fuel prices doubled to what you pay, I couldn't afford anything."
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Color: blk

Post by easyrider »

Yes, that is correct many countries embed their health care and other costs into the price of gasoline.Here in America we pay for health and other services in other ways which takes the burden off of fuel.However they do manage to tax fuel in many ways healthcare notwithstanding. Not sure if the Donald is a help or hindrance. I think the latter at this point..Personally I would rather pay a little more and have a clean environment than a dirtier one.. By the time you clean up the coal it may not be a good cost effective alternative..
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by Mel46 »

Boys, remember, no politics. This is about fuel. We don't want this thread to be closed, do we?
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

Mel46 wrote:Boys, remember, no politics. This is about fuel. We don't want this thread to be closed, do we?
Thanks for the reminder Mel ... I moved the offending posts to D&BC
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
aguim
Regular User
Regular User
Year: Forza 300
Color: red/2014

Post by aguim »

Move.
Very nice. But then, act quicker than the bully starting the fight.
DanFromVegas
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Color: Black

Post by DanFromVegas »

I got my first scooter in '06 when gas hit $4 in the San Francisco Bay Area. I had just purchased a new Harley when my job changed. It would mean leaving my brand new bike at a train (BART) station for days at a time. No problem, I'll just buy an old beater motorcycle. Thing is, every Hummer or Expedition owner decided to dust off the old motorcycle and ride that to work! While I think everyone should be on two wheels as often as possible, it made my craigslist shopping pretty slim. Never owned a scooter but why not? The first one I looked at was a beautiful black Aprillia. I made him an offer but he told me he had sold it minutes earlier. Next up was a cheap Chinese (mainland) scooter. The "dealer" was operating out of a Public Storage unit. Sketchy, I know but I'm pretty handy with machines. How bad could it be? ;D

I have owned several scooters since then, joined a scooter club (or two) and been to scooter rallies. Met countless new friends and a few crooks and buttheads.

Nobody likes paying more for gas but we scooter riders will suffer less than normal people and we may see a resurgence of scooter and small motorcycle sales
doletotodole
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: WHITE

Post by doletotodole »

40cents is rounding error here in China.
So, consider yourself much blessed.