PCX, IRC's and all that jazz . . .

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

PCX, IRC's and all that jazz . . .

Post by iceman »

So, unlike some I've had no issues at all with the stock IRC tyres riding in all weathers - indeed over the past few days we've had torrential downpours, flooded roads, and yesterday sleet, snow and awful riding conditions but my trusty 2.5 year old IRC's behaved faultlessly (the rear still have lots of tread after 12K miles).
The only problem has been getting soaked through to the underwear and yesterday, not having a pinlock visor and having to have it slightly ajar, it got iced up inside and out and was very difficult to gain any proper visibility (at times I had the visor open most of the way and pulled over three times to try and clear if better than when riding).
This is a photo of a friend who got home in similar conditions - and he had pinlock and heated gloves (unlike me). Must get a new helmet with pinlock visor at some point.
Attachments
paul_callaghan_15965588_10154116143441806_7547114721390026766_n.jpg
paul_callaghan_15965588_10154116143441806_7547114721390026766_n.jpg (109.31 KiB) Viewed 671 times
easyrider
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster
Year: 2013
Color: blk

Re: PCX, IRC's and all that jazz . . .

Post by easyrider »

Foook That..no way Jose !!!
iceman
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 125 (LED)
Color: White

Post by iceman »

easyrider wrote:Foook That..no way Jose !!!
:) - well, that's how we ride in these here parts. Soon after this post found out the pinlock helmets never helped much as the sleet/rain/whatever crepted in the top of the visor and hence slipped down so he inside of their helmets froze over to (they ride on motorways and had to pull over part way along as they were worse off than my riding across town).
My army goretex mitts and cheap wind shields have worked well but no armour in case of fall and putting your hands down, so just ordered these:
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorc ... rod/195257
Not from there as no longer stocked, but got them for £99.
homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Post by homie »

Too cold to crash or get shot... so i'm staying off the streets until 50 degrees :) And this idiot liberal official (Loretta Lynch) thinks the Chicago PD is too aggressive.... what a moron.
Chapel77
Regular User
Regular User
Year: 2016
Color: Red

Post by Chapel77 »

iceman wrote:So, unlike some I've had no issues at all with the stock IRC tyres riding in all weathers - indeed over the past few days we've had torrential downpours, flooded roads, and yesterday sleet, snow and awful riding conditions but my trusty 2.5 year old IRC's behaved faultlessly (the rear still have lots of tread after 12K miles).
The only problem has been getting soaked through to the underwear and yesterday, not having a pinlock visor and having to have it slightly ajar, it got iced up inside and out and was very difficult to gain any proper visibility (at times I had the visor open most of the way and pulled over three times to try and clear if better than when riding).
This is a photo of a friend who got home in similar conditions - and he had pinlock and heated gloves (unlike me). Must get a new helmet with pinlock visor at some point.
That's everyday riding up in Northumberland :lol:

In regards to the pin lock, I find it brilliant, keeps visor clear etc, but it's my glasses which cause the problems.

Be safe down south!
Living the Honda Dream!
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

That's simple condensation on the helmet with a bit of slush on the bike. Lovely, but a slightly over posed selfie.

Get a pinlock. Not perfect but that and heated grips just means that you can ride longer.