Raging nuts in Chicagoland...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

homie
Prestige
Prestige
Year: 2015 PCX150
Color: Pearl White

Raging nuts in Chicagoland...

Post by homie »

Chief says... No winners just losers

Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Re: Raging nuts in Chicagoland...

Post by Mel46 »

It seems to me that the police should have looked at the video and seen the pickup truck aggressively go after the bikers. That does not exempt the bikers from some responsibility, but it is one thing to drive the pickup in a defensive manner, trying to leave, and quite another for him to come back continually and run over the bikes. Of course you are going to anger the Riders! What else could he expect? And did he think that he could take on every one of the bike Riders? There was no excuse for either the truck driver or some of the bikers who were showing off. The police should have ticketed both. If the tape is evidence against the truck driver, then it can also be used to show who was acting up among the bike riders as well.
Ride responsibily.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

I tend to side with the trucker on this one Mel. That gaggle of idiots is enough to disrupt traffic flow and when aggravated by attempts to resume normal traffic flow become intimidated by a horde and mob mentality enough to induce fear of vehicle damage and possibly physical confrontation. The trucker must return to the place he ran over the bike (parked in his path on purpose by idiot) so as not to be charged with a hit and run. I think since only one bike was crushed he gets his day in court and comes away with a grin of satisfaction. If morons were to strike my Dodge with fists and helmets I might do the same if my path was obstructed. I did not see him trying to run over bikers and he had plenty of chances to do so after he ran over the parked motorcycle. I hope a judge sees the same thing. Now more than ever I will not join up in these local group rides on my Buell... nope Homie rides solo :D
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

homie wrote:I tend to side with the trucker on this one Mel. That gaggle of idiots is enough to disrupt traffic flow and when aggravated by attempts to resume normal traffic flow become intimidated by a horde and mob mentality enough to induce fear of vehicle damage and possibly physical confrontation. The trucker must return to the place he ran over the bike (parked in his path on purpose by idiot) so as not to be charged with a hit and run. I think since only one bike was crushed he gets his day in court and comes away with a grin of satisfaction. If morons were to strike my Dodge with fists and helmets I might do the same if my path was obstructed. I did not see him trying to run over bikers and he had plenty of chances to do so after he ran over the parked motorcycle. I hope a judge sees the same thing. Now more than ever I will not join up in these local group rides on my Buell... nope Homie rides solo :D

Agree. Simple group aggression. It will, and maybe should, provoke a response.

Don't cry into the breast milk afterwards.

Stupid men.
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

I am not saying that the bikers were right, but I am also not saying that the trucker was right. Instead of the word 'right' I should be using the word 'appropriate ' as in neither party acted in an appropriate manner as is considered acceptable behavior by society.
We have had cases here in Atlanta where bike 'groups'... (gangs)...have gone on to the freeways in great numbers and have held back traffic in all lanes while they used the freeway as their own personal drag strip. They would time it so that by the time police got there they had all headed to the exits. They did this time and again until the city, County, and state installed video cameras every mile on the freeways within the city. Atlanta is a little unique in that it has 3 major interstates going right through the middle of the city, plus other major arteries getting into the city, plus a circle completely around the city (I-285). Now that all of the cameras have been installed, the bike gangs have found themselves busted more than once for trying this. However, in the city itself they still do this ever so often, and there have been incidents like the one on this video too, except the truck drivers haven't driven over lawns multiple times and tried to get in the bikers faces. Instead, they called the police, who showed up quickly.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
homie
Prestige
Prestige

Post by homie »

The camera's are the reason we see this so I guess you can't argue that. Not very popular and under investigation for massive fraud here in Chicagoland officials abused the camera's to the point people fought back hard. Bikers and drag racing have taken to the rural areas for this kind of goofiness. Sometimes I follow these little cars with their crackling exhaust and mounted camera's heading out west at night. They use social media to coordinate and it takes police and emergency longer to respond to any developing situation and then it's only going to be a cop or two. I guess if you find yourself on the wrong side of the crowd best you just let them do their worst to your vehicle and call your insurance. Keep your cool, leave your gun at home and take your medicine like a man :) No winners... just losers
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

homie, Ran the film and swore it was New York! So what happened? The truck got too close, hit his brakes and squealed? Is that all he did?

So the gang found That as good enough reason to gang bike him? This stuff bugs the crap outta me.
It was enough when We had that awful episode here in NY where a group of sport bikers went nuts on a family in a black SUV. Awful. Disgusting in fact. It's still talked about today.

Bad bikers/losers reputation then passes onto the rest of us bikers. We have enough to deal with just getting society to trust Us on two/three wheels.

Yep, them bike gangs gotta go!! homie me bro, glad you're staying away and stayin' alive :)
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

you you wrote:
homie wrote:I tend to side with the trucker on this one Mel. That gaggle of idiots is enough to disrupt traffic flow and when aggravated by attempts to resume normal traffic flow become intimidated by a horde and mob mentality enough to induce fear of vehicle damage and possibly physical confrontation. The trucker must return to the place he ran over the bike (parked in his path on purpose by idiot) so as not to be charged with a hit and run. I think since only one bike was crushed he gets his day in court and comes away with a grin of satisfaction. If morons were to strike my Dodge with fists and helmets I might do the same if my path was obstructed. I did not see him trying to run over bikers and he had plenty of chances to do so after he ran over the parked motorcycle. I hope a judge sees the same thing. Now more than ever I will not join up in these local group rides on my Buell... nope Homie rides solo :D

"Don't cry into the breast milk afterwards"
I ditto that!
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
chicaboo
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by chicaboo »