Locked my keys in my car...

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

konigralph

Re: Locked my keys in my car...

Post by konigralph »

Woolley wrote:Just thought id share with people how stupid i am :lol:
My car never recognises that ive opened my drivers door (need it fixing) and because of this if i dont start the car, it locks itself 30 seconds after i unlock it regardless of whether ive got in or not. So i went in my car, chucked the keys on the passenger seat, grabbed something out the glove box and then got out and shut the door. Then 'click'

o_O o_O o_O
:o :o :o
:x :x :x
:cry: :cry: :cry:

I dont have a spare.

Gave my mechanic a ring (my parents know him pretty well) and he came over.
All 4 of us, torches in hand set to getting it unlocked without having to smash a window. We pryed the drivers door open with a crowbar and a rag, put a coathanger in and managed to hook it over the handle :)
It was deadlocked, didnt work :cry:
So we pryed open the passenger side, fed in some sort of flat 1cm wide long metal wiring stuff, sorta like tagliatelle pasta, and bent a hook on the end of it. Fed in the coathanger and managed to manouvere the two to hook the keys. We pulled them up against the corner of the window, fed in a long thin screwdriver and managed to press the button on the key to unlock the car :D :D :D

And then we had to push the door shut against a block of wood to bend it back into place. Its fine now though.
Time to buy a spare key i think. Anyone got any ideas of how to buy one without getting ripped off by VW dealers?
Sounds like you shoulda called a locksmith... lotta trouble for that. I would order the key online and just get it cut and coded.
you you
What's a wot?
What's a wot?

Post by you you »

stryder123 wrote:I drive a Toyota Prius. Got out of the car once with the keys on the passenger seat. Locked my door and closed it. About 2 seconds later I heard a beep and the lock popped open.
Made me feel so good.

Toyota Pius?
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

A Prius? Why?
ImageImage
GeorgeSK
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 13PCX,15Forza
Color: Both Red

Post by GeorgeSK »

Possibly the 45-50 mpg US might have something to do with it.
On my scoot, getting there is WAY more than half the fun!

Please paste this address into a new tab and add yourself to the map: https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1NlP7xk7KMdJReQnm-iDhldFBdpQ&ll=4.995760578398276%2C0&z=2
but please, don't delete anybody, no matter how badly they deserve deleting :)
stryder123
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2014 forza
Color: Red

Post by stryder123 »

You got it. My Prius always gets right at 50 mpg. Love that car. love my pcx150 too.
logepoge1
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by logepoge1 »

Well my trailblazer gets 18mpg.
ImageImage
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2015 PCX 150esp
Color: Pearl *White*

Post by WhiteNoise »

(Party pooper me) Going back on topic for a sec.
When I locked my keys in my 88 Ragtop Cougar I went back into the store that I just shopped in, and asked the clerk/cashier to call the police. I might have waited 10 mins and then he arrived, got out & slid his "special break in a car window door lock tool" and in a minute or two I was back behind the wheel. No damage. I was impressed.
When I was younger I avoided the police :D Now, I look for them :|

Cougar between 19 - 26 mpg around town/highway. Sexy car
No Prius for me.
Location, Year & Color - Please enter Yours today!
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus
Color: White is faster

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:(Party pooper me) Cougar between 19 - 26 mpg around town/highway. Sexy car.
I had a '74 Cougar back in the day. It was probably my favorite car with its long front end and accent opera windows ... I think my next favorite car was my two most recent ones, a '06 and '08 Impala.
2010 Honda PCX 125 in Thailand (White) - "White Lightning" Sold in Sept 2017 :(
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
Nines

Post by Nines »

I had a good one. We have a Silverado truck, power locks. Last summer, we were out for a drive with Belle, our little fuzz face shih tzu. We stopped to get gas, husband pumped, and I took the debit card into the store to pay. Well, the dog was hopping all over the truck, excited to see the other people at the gas station, and hopped right on the lock button. Both cell phones, my purse, his wallet and the keys were in the truck with the dog. No amount of coaxing would get her to jump on the button again. Ok, no problem, we thought, we've got OnStar! So, we managed to find the number, and the staff were kind enough to let us use their phone. Onstar lady send the signal twice, which can take up to 15mins each time, but between the cloud cover, and being parked under the awning/roof of the gas pump area, the truck wasn't getting the signal. Onstar sent a tow truck, which was just some dude in an unmarked pickup who almost left because he couldn't figure out who needed help (duh). The dog stayed home most of the rest of the summer.
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

Nines wrote:I had a good one. We have a Silverado truck, power locks. Last summer, we were out for a drive with Belle, our little fuzz face shih tzu. We stopped to get gas, husband pumped, and I took the debit card into the store to pay. Well, the dog was hopping all over the truck, excited to see the other people at the gas station, and hopped right on the lock button. Both cell phones, my purse, his wallet and the keys were in the truck with the dog. No amount of coaxing would get her to jump on the button again. Ok, no problem, we thought, we've got OnStar! So, we managed to find the number, and the staff were kind enough to let us use their phone. Onstar lady send the signal twice, which can take up to 15mins each time, but between the cloud cover, and being parked under the awning/roof of the gas pump area, the truck wasn't getting the signal. Onstar sent a tow truck, which was just some dude in an unmarked pickup who almost left because he couldn't figure out who needed help (duh). The dog stayed home most of the rest of the summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: .... but glad to hear all ended well and the dog didn't overheat.
2009 Yamaha Majesty YP400 in USA (Metalic Titanium) - "The Throne" Sold in June 2020 :(
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

I'm impressed. Who would have thunk? Cool
How? Log in. Click the User Control Panel button (top right of any page). Upon destination, click Profile in left column. Look >See the questions? Please Complete. We Thank You
kramnala58
Mod Emeritus
Mod Emeritus

Post by kramnala58 »

WhiteNoise wrote:I'm impressed. Who would have thunk? Cool
WN ... the post you replied to was a spam one. :( I nuked it.
WhiteNoise
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Post by WhiteNoise »

Yeah, that dude was slick. Caught me like a fish. I should've spit the hook. Thanks kram, you're a good cook :P
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

I made a 3rd key for all my scoots and bikes.
One spare stays home, and one spare resides in inner zipped riding jacket pocket.
No matter how far from home, I'm safe.
2nd vehicle key secreted on the car/truck.
Fish
Mel46
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: 2013
Color: red PCX

Post by Mel46 »

All of my vehicles have a spare key hidden somewhere, even my totalled Santa Fe. I wonder if the junk yard will ever find it. In its particular case I had crawled up under the rear bumper, cleaned a spot on the shelf part of it, attached a piece that I could tie wrap a key to using some adhesive that would not come loose from heat or vibration, and attached the key with a tie wrap that could handle the outside environment. I doubt that my wife could have ever gotten it off if she needed to, but it was my truck, and I carry a pocket knife.
There are all sorts of secret places to hide a spare key on a vehicle. Just don't be like my friend who hid his in the engine compartment. The hood unlocks from inside the Car! I had to point it out to him AFTER he had locked his keys in his truck.
Currently own:
Red 2013 Honda PCX150

Givi tall windshield & tailbox - Lots of extra lights
Custom seat from Thailand - Bad Boy Airhorn
Takegawa Lowering Shocks - Michelin City Grip Tires
Headlight assy upgraded to LEDs w/HS5 main bulbs
NCY variator, drive face, and rollers
fish
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor

Post by fish »

stryder123 wrote:You got it. My Prius always gets right at 50 mpg. Love that car. love my pcx150 too.
Let us know what you think when it's time to replace the battery.
Fish