Anyone with a white PCX travel into london?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Anyone with a white PCX travel into london?

Post by woozy-uk »

i saw you this morning

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Re: Anyone with a white PCX travel into london?

Post by maddiedog »

I think I saw him at 11:28... When you were on the WRONG side of the road! o_O :o
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

hahah! in the UK pretty much anything is legal on a bike. When I rented a car in london it freaked me out a little but you get used to it.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

maddiedog wrote:I think I saw him at 11:28... When you were on the WRONG side of the road! o_O :o

its called filtering, legal in the uk on a motorbike. were allowed to use most bus lanes too
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

the white pcx is infront of me after we pass the police van
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

woozy-uk wrote:
maddiedog wrote:I think I saw him at 11:28... When you were on the WRONG side of the road! o_O :o

its called filtering, legal in the uk on a motorbike. were allowed to use most bus lanes too
WE ARE??? :o :o :o ive never been told this...
How do you know which ones you can and cant use?
ImageImage ImageImage Image
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

maybe im wrong regarding my filteing when i first see the pcx :oops: , ive seen others do it :|

as for bus lanes then yes, nearly all the ones i see have the motorbikes allowed sign

edit, matbe its just london and the boroughs that have this allowance
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

bus lanes dont have any signs at all round here, maybe it is just london :(
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

Man that's nuts! Looks like a lot of fun though! That would certainly make my commute a lot more fun! And I'd get to work a heck of a lot faster!
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Lane sharing is illegal here, which makes lane splitting illegal. If we were to go on the wrong side like you did here, it would be considered failure to maintain lane and we'd get ticketed. As far as I know, the only place lane splitting is legal in the USA is California (driving on the wrong side is illegal everywhere).

Filtering is where all the cars are stopped, and you go through them to the front of the line. That's technically legal in my state, GA, only because there is no legislation on it. I don't do it though, because people have tried to hit me with their doors... Apparently some people think lane filtering is "cutting in line." Damn rednecks, I hate the South.
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

Well that sucks. If theres slow moving traffic ill find my way round it (safely) and at pretty much every queue of traffic there is ill end up near the front. Couldnt care less if people think im pushing in, ill wedge the front of the bike in front of them so they have no choice. Thats one of the main reasons i got a scooter.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i dont think other road users realize how quick off the mark motorbikes can go, i think the pcx accelerates very quick

really annoys me when cyclists go infront of me at lights though
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

I think cyclists think they own the road more than anyone else out there. They're always in the middle of the road it seems like and don't move over for traffic. So annoying...
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

yep dave you gotta move to CA! I love filtering/splitting right next to cops and they dont even look twice. I learned to ride in AZ and you wouldnt be able to get away with any of that for even a split second. However, there are no laws protecting your right to do so, just that there are no specific laws against it. I have heard about people who are splitting like assholes getting pulled over by cops for either reckless driving (getting it towed) or making an "unsafe lane change" or failure to use your indicators during your lane change.

Maybe I should make a hollywood to Los angeles international airport video. Thats my commute... but its 40 min so kinda long =]
Taz
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Taz »

With the bad quality of tv shows these days maybe commuting videos will be a good thread, especially if the video is sped up! I wish I had a tail cam on my bike in this mornings commute. A cyclist was right up my exhaust for a while. I turned round thinking he was hanging onto my scooter but think he was just trying to stay in my slipstream. But I still prefer cyclists to cars. Would like to 'chat' to the driver of yellow brand new Mercedes SLK that cut in front of me a few days back.
ese12105
Regular User
Regular User

Post by ese12105 »

If by chat do you mean punch his face in? If so I know exactly how you feel :-)
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Eddie - Even though it would be long, if you uploaded it, it would certainly be interesting if you clipped it to show just the highlights. The scenery out in Cali is so much prettier than my commute.

Taz - I know what you mean about wanting to pull over and 'chat.' I've been in a few situations where my foot "talked" to a few driver's cars. I sometimes wish foot would have met face, rather than quarterpanel or headlight... Might teach the assholes their place. It frustrates me to no end when people try to run me off the road just because I'm smaller than them.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

this is the majestic (not) scenery i had this morning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv4TZBNk ... ature=plcp
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

What camera did you use for that commute and how did you mount it? Just curious