Back from Christmas!

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Back from Christmas!

Post by maddiedog »

I'm just back from the holidays, looks like everyone else has been about the same -- not too busy around here. :lol:

I managed to get a pretty good haul this year, I got a whole bunch of stuff, including some nice hand guards for the PCX and a ski pants / ski jacket set that will definitely keep me much warmer during my commute.

I stayed at home this year for the break too, which was awesome. Spending about a week at home doing nothing but being lazy is good every now and then. :)

How was your holidays?
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Back from Christmas!

Post by Woolley »

My Christmas was awesome :)
Best present I got was the worlds largest gummy worm, it's about as long as your arm and it's 6000 calories :D
I'll upload a pic later.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
rainburg
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Back from Christmas!

Post by rainburg »

We had a nice quiet holiday too, although we spent a few days in town just before Christmas. Nice to see the holiday decorations and cheer. We visited several bakeries and drank quite a bit of coffee, so all was good.

What kind of hand guards did you get maddie? I ordered some Polisport Free Flows in white and they arrived on Christmas Eve. I like the look of them, but they are missing the vent cover on one side. Since I wanted protection from the wind, this seems to be a rather critical piece. I've emailed the company I purchased them from (Riders Needs...through Amazon) but I haven't heard back. I'm not sure if I should return them and buy them from another company, or how to best proceed. Perhaps I need to be more patient? I'd just buy the vent cover if I could do that easily, but I don't see that they are sold separately. Anybody have experience with Riders Needs? Any recommendations on a better place to purchase them?

Happy New Year to all!
2011 Honda PCX, 2007 Suzuki Burgman 400
2 Honda Civics, 5 bicycles and 1 more on order
edscoot
Regular User
Regular User

Post by edscoot »

Woolley wrote:My Christmas was awesome :)
Best present I got was the worlds largest gummy worm, it's about as long as your arm and it's 6000 calories :D
I'll upload a pic later.
Where'd you get that from? :) I want it!
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Dave - also interested in your hand guards. Mind throwing up some pics in the accessories section once you get them installed? I made it through the coldest month of the year here (december) and I don't think I'm willing to put the time into installing and wiring heated grips when the coldest weather I rode in has been 40 F so far. Was contemplating hand guards instead but don't know where to start =]

My christmas was, well, GREAT! My girl and I decided not to buy each other gifts this year because money is tight. I told her we would go out for a nice dinner new years day instead. BUT, this christmas morning I surprised her, with a ring! We have known each other since middle school, and have been dating for over 5 years, so I wasnt too worried about it. The best part was that she didnt see it coming at all! I thought she might have known about it, but I was able to genuinely surprise her!

Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Back from Christmas!

Post by Alibally »

Congratulations.
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Gongrats man!!!
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by Woolley »

edscoot wrote:
Woolley wrote:My Christmas was awesome :)
I'll upload a pic later.
Where'd you get that from? :) I want it!
My mistake, its 4000 calories. Still pretty impressive though.
If your in the UK, http://www.firebox.com If your in USA, http://www.vat19.com

Heres the gummy worm:

Theres also a gummy bear:

Ive got the half green, half red worm. I havnt got around to starting on it yet because ive got so many other sweets to eat first :lol:
ImageImage ImageImage Image
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

Last time I saw a video of something which looked like that, it wasn't going in a guy's mouth.....
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Back from Christmas!

Post by Alibally »

The "lady's in comfortable shoes" would love one of those.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

Congrats, Eddie! The ring looks beautiful.

The hand guards I bought were generic ones off of Amazon. I had to cut them to hell to do the installation -- I wouldn't recommend them to anyone. :( They still turned out nice, I'll get a pic up on my gallery shortly.

Woolley - I love gummi bears / worms, but I can't possibly comprehend eating that much gummi worm. :lol:
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
nasnikos-Greece

Post by nasnikos-Greece »

Congratulations friend! We want a candy for that! :P
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

Thanks everyone for the congrats! Feels good. Only thing is I keep referring to her as my girlfriend. I keep having to correct myself :lol:
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord

Post by maddiedog »

The same will happen when you get married and go from fiancee to wife.

Me and my wife have been engaged more than two years, got married, but still haven't had our official wedding yet. So we're kinda between married and engaged, but still, it's hard to get used to calling her my wife. :lol:
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

I call her Oi, I call her mate, I call her slave, THATS NOT HER NAME, THATS NOT HER NAME......... :-)

Tony
EddieC
Regular User
Regular User

Post by EddieC »

maddiedog wrote:The same will happen when you get married and go from fiancee to wife.

Me and my wife have been engaged more than two years, got married, but still haven't had our official wedding yet. So we're kinda between married and engaged, but still, it's hard to get used to calling her my wife. :lol:

haha! thats funny. we're planning on doing the same... unless someone wants to buy us a wedding. Any takers??? :lol: :lol: