Android or iOS ?

Anything and everything not related to anything else on this site.

Moderator: Modsquad

tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Re: Android or iOS ?

Post by tuanies »

Woolley wrote:An iPad is pretty much just a big iPod touch. Ive never seen the point in an iPad, it's not portable enough to carry around with you, and when your at home you can just use your computer anyway. So I wouldn't buy both if I was you. If anything I would sell the iPad to buy an iPhone. As previously said the iPhone has amazing graphics, the screen has more pixels than your eye can physically see, so in a way it's better resolution than real life :lol:
The iPad has its uses. I'm at my desk all day working - I don't want to sit at it for any longer to casually surf the net afterwards. The iPad is convenient because it turns on instantly, can last on a single charge for days with just casual use and the bigger display is better for surfing. Its also great for pooping with. The iPad 2 has the same processor as the iPhone 4S.

The iPhone is nice but if I'm trying to read a lot, the tiny screen gets annoying fast. You can also get work done on an iPad - remote desktop works better, you can work on documents, spreadsheets, presentations. Its also great for unloading images off a digital camera on the go or just showing pictures to family - lighter and easier to pass back and forth.

My wife and I each have iPad 2s (mine is black with an orange cover, hers is white with a green cover) and we use it everyday and it fits perfectly in the diaper bag without adding much more weight :).
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator
Year: 2019
Color: Black

Android or iOS ?

Post by Alibally »

The Samsung nexus got the best marks on the gadget show tonight but it's running the new android os. If a contract is for 2 years then is better getting something that's you won't want rid of in a few months.
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Android or iOS ?

Post by Alibally »

I use my iPad most of the time. My laptop only gets used maybe one a week now. No waiting for startup and does most thing I want it to.
maddiedog
Benevolent Overlord
Benevolent Overlord
Year: 2011
Color: White

Post by maddiedog »

tuanies wrote:Its also great for pooping with.
Flawless logic. I'm sold. :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have 3 iPads that we have on check-out from our IT department for people on travel. They're great if you need more functionality than a phone, but don't want to lug around a laptop. They're cool little devices. I prefer the Samsung Q1 or my Motorola Xoom though. :P
Currently ride: 2011 Honda PCX 125 - Upgraded windshield and seat, keeping this one mostly stock
Previously rides: 2005 V-Strom DL650, 1974 Vespa Ciao, 2011 Honda PCX 170 (tons of mods - takegawa 170cc big bore kit, gears, etc), 1996 Honda Nighthawk 250, 1987 Honda Spree, 2000 KTM 125SX, 2003 Honda Silverwing, 2007 Genuine Buddy 125, 1998 Honda PC800, 2008 Buddy 125 (white), 2008 Buddy 125 (red), 2001 Honda Reflex, 1987 Honda Elite, 1988 Honda Spree, 2007 Yamaha Vino, 2007 Honda Metro, 2x 125cc pure-chinesium dirt bikes
Cookie

Post by Cookie »

Thanks for all the comments guys.
I finally got around to cancelling the contract on my current phone so I've got 30 days to make my mind up.
Lots of food for thought but I'm tending towards the iPhone 4s. I like apple devices. They may be a bit limited sometimes but they seem to do 'what it says on the tin' without any mucking about.
Maybe I'll take Father Christmas on a trip to the Apple shop :D :D
Cookie
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Android or iOS ?

Post by Alibally »

Cookie wrote:Thanks for all the comments guys.
I finally got around to cancelling the contract on my current phone so I've got 30 days to make my mind up.
Lots of food for thought but I'm tending towards the iPhone 4s. I like apple devices. They may be a bit limited sometimes but they seem to do 'what it says on the tin' without any mucking about.
Maybe I'll take Father Christmas on a trip to the Apple shop :D :D
Cookie

Ditto. Maybe. ;)
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

Just got the wifey a Samsung 10.1 tablet pc running Android, for crimbo. She had no interest in the ipad as she was not impressed that the ipad lacks gps and cant run adobe flash and thought the ipad looked to boring compared to the way you can customise the Samsung screens. Not a phone i know but thought i would add
tuanies
Regular User
Regular User

Post by tuanies »

The iPad 3G has GPS, but WiFi does not.

Adobe Flash is really a non-issue, especially since Adobe is killing support for it - so no new updates to Flash after the last update for Ice Cream Sandwich. Flash is also a terrible platform in general.

Also on a side note, my Galaxy Nexus is on the way :D
TC3
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Post by TC3 »

The 3g ipad costs a lot of money just to gain gps. Apple dont allow discounting I believe. The Samsung was great price on Amazon.
Have fun with the Nexus
mac65

Post by mac65 »

Well I have an HTC Sensation and a Motorola Xoom, and love them both. They are due an upgrade to Android 4.0 as they are duel core. So we'll see how that goes. Use the Xoom all the time, hardly ever have the PC on these days.
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

i hate apple, big headed overpriced shite

love my htc desire s
gn2
Forum Benefactor
Forum Benefactor
Year: None

Post by gn2 »

woozy-uk wrote:i hate apple
Hate is a very strong word, very negative too.
woozy-uk wrote:overpriced shite
Now this I agree with
woozy-uk wrote:love my htc desire s
No no no no no no.
You does not love gadgets, you does love people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL7yD-0pqZg
Four decades on two wheels has taught me nothing, all advice given is guaranteed to be wrong
woozy-uk
Regular User
Regular User

Post by woozy-uk »

HAHA touche!
Alibally
Official Moderator
Official Moderator

Android or iOS ?

Post by Alibally »

I just ordered a htc sensation xe. Back to android then.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Android or iOS ?

Post by Woolley »

Alibally wrote:I just ordered a htc sensation xe. Back to android then.
Good phone, tested a few at work. Beats headphones are a major plus.
ImageImage ImageImage Image
al69
Regular User
Regular User

Post by al69 »

Well had a few phones over the years and reckon the iphone4 i currently have is definately the best of the bunch for my needs.Camera is ok but i have an slr if i need wow photos.The biggest thing for me is the apps i use everyday. I only got this phone as a free upgrade and never had anything apple before but im converted to them now,it just does what it is supposed to do.

Im looking at stuff at the moment as my wifes contract is up soon but all roads point back to the iphone.The samsung s2 is too big to be a real competitor imho, nokia has had its day and nothing else screams out. Iphone works and does what it is supposed to and itunes takes care of backups etc,yep im a happy iphone user.
Woolley
Frequent Poster
Frequent Poster

Android or iOS ?

Post by Woolley »

Have you jailbroke your iPhone?
ImageImage ImageImage Image